Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
High School STEM Director
Ms. Laurie Greenwood is currently the STEM director at Melrose High. She is an amazing teacher and there is no doubt she is qualified for the position of an administrator, however, she has not performed very well recently. She is better in the classroom and many MHS...
Views: 691   Replies: 21
Last Post: Mar 15, 2018 7:38pm
by MHS
PWL finalist in Wilmington superintendent search
Have you read the Office of Civil Rights guilty finding on four counts against Melrose Public Schools? In the complaint it specifically names Patti White-Lambright as the person to investigate the complaint. The OCR found her guilty of conducting a deliberate, inept...
Views: 1277   Replies: 31
Last Post: Mar 15, 2018 4:59pm
by JC
Ask questions
It surprises me that it has gone this long that no one has asked questions into the sudden departure of the Head of Guidance. On the Personnel Report it states, resigned for personal reasons. He was Head of the Guidance Department. Doesn't say relocating, new positio...
Views: 598   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 1, 2018 11:04pm
by ???
Hoover Incident
Will someone please post Taymore's statement following Friday's horrible incident? Everyone needs to listen to the replay of public comment, particularly of the woman educator/Hoover parent who is an expert in social justice work and the gentleman who spoke (also...
Views: 3700   Replies: 88
Last Post: Mar 1, 2018 7:38pm
by ???
Is a savage.
If Gerry mroz does not get selected to represent ward 5 it just shows you the City doesn't want to truly improve our standing. He is engaged and very knowledgeable. He has guts and is not afraid to have a different opinion. I was so impressed with his presentation to...
Views: 271   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 27, 2018 3:43pm
by Stay Away
Another year of Taymore???
I heard Taymore got a year extension. Her last three year contract would have her leaving by June 30, 2018, this being her final year. So is it now 06-30-19? Please, please tell me it isn't so. :(
Views: 1340   Replies: 36
Last Post: Feb 24, 2018 11:17am
by paying the price
Principal Abilities
The Hoover School incident last week has ripped off the scab exposing the incompetence of the MPS Administrators and the MSC. I feel sorry for the MPD and the students who witnessed and internalized a scary situation. I feel sad for the Grandfather and his family w...
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2018 7:51pm
by Illegitimate May...
Paraprofessionals
Watched some of the budget mtg Tues and heard Ms. Driscoll state she wanted to cut the remaining 5 paraprofessionals and hire a new administrator! I hope this did not pass!
Views: 21151   Replies: 306
Last Post: Feb 13, 2018 5:13pm
by weak
SC Flimflam
Watching the Nunes/Ryan/Trump obstruction scam job now being pulled in their desperation to conceal even worse crimes (treason, money-laundering, mideast gun-running via Kremlin oligarchs, gerry-mandering, campaign finance crimes, crooked real estate deals, etc., et...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 5, 2018 6:25pm
by Repugnant
Employment
I just looked at the new MPS website and cannot find employment opportunities. The City of Melrose website also has Melrose city job openings but not the schools. Where should I look ? Thank you
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2018 10:08am
by An Apple for the...
Woman's March (Rally)
Heading out to the Rally on Cambridge Commons. Time for change in our country, city and our schools. One of our very own will be speaking there today, Liz DeSelm, the 2nd transgender person to be elected into office. Hope to see you there.
Views: 815   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 3, 2018 11:11am
by Clem
Message from Mayor Dolan
"Dear Colleagues, Due to the recently announced departure of the Lynnfield Town Administrator, an unanticipated and unique opportunity arose for me and my family. I chose to explore the position due to the professional opportunity it presents, and I am honored to...
Views: 2897   Replies: 54
Last Post: Jan 28, 2018 10:00pm
by Not Open All
SC Mtg Approval of Blizzard Bags and Hideous Display of RD Worship
https://vimeo.com/252449825 1:30:00 This is how low things have gotten here.
Views: 431   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 27, 2018 5:33pm
by Dillon
Ultimate Shameful Hypocrisy: OCR-Condemned CT Tweets MLK Quote
How dare she! Cyndy Taymore Retweeted 5h5 hours ago “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” - Martin Luther King, Jr. #mlkday...
Views: 465   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 18, 2018 8:59pm
by Uncivil
We Are Vulnerable
With Melrose citizens' rights to express their opinion or point of view at public meetings, don't ever think this can't happen here in Melrose with the likes of M Driscoll swinging the gavel around at school committee like a club. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sg...
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2018 7:53pm
by citizens unite
Mr. Babineau
Mr. Babineau passed away. If you knew him or had him for math, you would appreciate what a wonderful person he was. I had him for math and he made a difference in my life. I encourage everyone to look around and thank the people who made a difference in your lif...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2017 6:12pm
by Hester
Melrose Teachers Furious at SC Deselm's Insults & Show up En Masse as MEA to Express Indignation
While Deselm apologized (as she should have for her stupidity and anti-teacher arrogance), what didn't get said is that Taymore is not a friend of the teachers, though she made herself out to be the good guy in this instance. CT is only out for herself and has caused...
Views: 556   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 16, 2017 2:03pm
by resident
MHS Football
Congratulations to the Melrose High School Football team for an undefeated season, League title, Thanksgiving Day Victory and State Title. Saturdays game was awesome. What a sense of community with the thousands of Melrose residents flocking to Gillette to support...
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 5, 2017 6:54pm
by we did it
Are the 2016 - 2017 Melrose MCAS scores that bad?
I see people referring to the recent MCAS scores being a disappointment for Melrose. Is this true? I looked at the state website and the scores didn't seem terrible. Is this people attacking everything Melrose or is there some truth there? Remember Melrose is not a...
Views: 404   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 1, 2017 4:46pm
by blame
Administration Makes Mockery of Time-in-Learning with Many Days of No School and Now Blizzard Bags
from today's Patch: "Melrose Schools Winter Schedule: So Many Days Off! MELROSE, MA — Good news for students, bad news for parents. A lot of school vacation days are on the horizon. Here's a look at the fall and winter school schedule: Wed., Nov. 22: Ea...
Views: 773   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 1, 2017 3:51pm
by KH
Lincoln Principal Will be Leaving
Either non-renewed or just leaving, but either way, too bad it took 3 years. She wasn't the least bit competent as could be seen clearly from the first Meet the Principal nights. Naturally the administration (like Joe C) could not admit another abysmal hire because t...
Views: 4068   Replies: 62
Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 6:36pm
by Prof. Correctipa...
MIA
Anyone but McAndrew
She is absent from Melrose Community Group Facebook discussions this time around. She must have realized that her pit bull tactics did her harm. Now she surrounds herself with yes women and sycophants only. She is still the same person though. She is just taking it u...
Views: 574   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 6:43pm
by Janet.
Melrose Dem Party and Current Candidates Repeatedly Violate Campaign Laws and Required to Pay Fine
A small but significant example of the contemptuous and despicable conduct of the local Dems, especially when it comes to state and federal laws. Take note that those in violation are current candidates and/or party officers. "Melrosee Dems Rack Up Campaign Financ...
Views: 147   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 6, 2017 4:44pm
by gross
School committee election
Anyone know which SC members' terms are up and whether they are running again this November? Any names floated as nominees to run for those spots?
Views: 1584   Replies: 45
Last Post: Nov 3, 2017 6:24pm
by Politics
2017 MCAS Results
Ouch!! Just saw the Melrose MCAS results. It's bad for all the children not learning in school. After so many years of Melrose school 'improvement,' today's students are doing worse than any were before. They gave the teachers millions more dollars a year. The su...
Views: 803   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 2, 2017 11:28pm
by Major problem
Tonight's School Committee Foolishness Agenda
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2994&Inline=True This school administration/school committee never fails to produce foolishness for their so-called agenda. For starters: Page 3: $3700 MHS Field Trip Proposal to Haiti, Nicaragua,...
Views: 353   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 17, 2017 10:58pm
by Still Outraged
Patricia Wright Services
Hello all, I just want to thank you all again on behalf of Becky and our family for your support and thoughtful words. We are truly touched. Patty's services will be held in Mansfield on Saturday afternoon from 3 to 5 at Sherman and Jackson Funeral home. I will pr...
Views: 511   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 7, 2017 9:54pm
by Memory Patty
School Lock Down
I just received a phone alert from the city about a lockdown of the school due to an on-line threat made by a student - the lockdown happened during the removal of the student. They said everyone is safe now - no weapons were involved - more information to follow....
Views: 593   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 7, 2017 12:06pm
by Reality Check
Sad
I'm very disheartened to write this missive. As her family has been notified I am hoping it's proper to clarify. My very dear, long-time friend and colleague Patricia Wright had passed away. She ran this site. Please don't post anything improper as her family...
Views: 1050   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 7, 2017 10:31am
by Memory Patty
Melrose High Fails to Make US News & World Report’s Rankings
from wickedlocal: Melrose High Fails to Make US News & World Report’s Rankings The publication’s rankings included the top 63 high schools in Massachusetts. Posted by John Waller (Editor) , April 23, 2014 at 04:58 PM US News & World Report release...
Views: 423   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 5, 2017 9:53pm
by Negative
Melrose AP Scores
Great Article on Wicked Local Melrose today and props to the students who have taken on the challenge and to Principal Merrill and his staff for their support http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20170724/melrose-kids-earn-high-marks-on-advanced-placement-exams...
Views: 989   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 4, 2017 8:21pm
by Over ten years
School IT Failing to protect our Children
From: "HORACE MANN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL" Date: September 29, 2017 at 2:32:33 PM EDT To:xxxxx Subject: A Message From Dr. Cobbs Reply-To: email@blackboard.com A message from HORACE MANN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Good Afternoon: Today in fifth grade a student was ab...
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 8:38pm
by Melrose
Hate Crime at Roosevelt: Swastika and SS Symbol Carved into Playground Structure
from MFP: "Police are investigating vandalism at Roosevelt Elementary School that came to light Monday, when students and parents noticed a swastika and an SS symbol carved into a playground structure. A detective is assigned to the case, but so far there are no sus...
Views: 447   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 30, 2017 1:42pm
by pass student
SC Votes New Contract and Large Raise for Superintendent
https://vimeo.com/235667415 @ 12:00 And then the genuflecting by each and every member of the committee, ending with MD: "thank you for loving our children" BARF What a revolting and unprofessional display of all that's wrong with this school administration.
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 29, 2017 7:24pm
by Willmington Mass
Obituary: Patricia M. (Shea) Wright
Patricia M. (Shea) Wright 9/23/2017 Patricia M. (Shea) Wright, age 54, of Melrose, formerly of Brighton passed away at home on Saturday, September 23, 2017. Born in Verdun, France on October 26, 1962, she was a loving daughter of Paul V. and Anne Marie (Guille...
Views: 441   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2017 12:41pm
by grateful also
MM
This site may no longer be available, meaning all of MM not just the SC page. :(
Views: 384   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 24, 2017 1:15pm
by Norris neighbor
OMG
School Committee Charade, Large Superintendent Raise Approved
https://vimeo.com/233592565 At the 5 minute mark they are "discussing" the issue of substitute teachers. So apparently it's perfectly acceptable to warehouse middle and high school students with their "pilot" program involving bunching classes of students (into th...
Views: 366   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 23, 2017 8:29pm
by Karma Will Punis...
Important Safety Message
The following message was recently sent to Middle School parents on Wednesday: A message from MELROSE MIDDLE SCHOOL Dear MVMMS Families,   Today I was alerted to an incident that occurred yesterday after school where two MVMMS students were approached by...
Views: 197   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2017 10:37pm
by Safety for all
Mom
This superintendent needs to go.
This superintendent needs to go.
Views: 1484   Replies: 23
Last Post: Sep 19, 2017 5:46pm
by SC#
MHS student, jail time?
****ers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Chief Keef ain't bout this, Chief Keef ain't bout that My boy a BD on ******* Lamron and them He, he they say that ***** don't be putting in no work SHUT THE **** UP! Y'all ****** ain't know **** All ya **...
Views: 1212   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 16, 2017 3:40pm
by LOL
Guilty of Racially Hostile Environment Taymore Recasts Herself as Civil Rights Activist
According to the Globe and Patch, superintendent and Deselm have signed onto a Supreme Court brief along with officials from a number of other school systems in support of transgender rights of a Virginia teen. Fine and dandy, as it should be. However, this is the sa...
Views: 654   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 10, 2017 11:02am
by Dillon
Tuesays Executive Meeting
EXECUTIVE SESSION - 9:25 PM 1. To approve executive session minutes of August 1, 2017 2. To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations of Superintendent Cyndy Taymore’s successor contract 8. ADJOURN Note: The listed agenda items are those t...
Views: 461   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 28, 2017 10:14pm
by Isn't Odd
Charlatans Leading PD and Torturing Teachers
Go to tweets of dept heads and other admins and soak in the absurdity: "neurodiverse learners"... "proficiency rubrics".... and on and on it goes. What is billed as "professional development" in Melrose is a sick joke, "courses" "taught" by so-called experts, includi...
Views: 310   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 28, 2017 9:05pm
by Patronage party
Dec 13 SC meeting: Slipping in more dangerous and costly actions when no one will be looking
from Driscoll's offensive and obfuscating blog: "City Solicitor Van Campen presented an element of the recently passed Municipal Modernization Act that allows school districts to appoint one Committee member to sign warrants (school bills) on its behalf, and repor...
Views: 668   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 27, 2017 5:50pm
by yesterday
Band in Melrose
Is anyone else alarmed and concerned by the things that students have said about their new band teacher, Matthew Repucci? From my students and their friends, I have heard things that are totally inappropriate for an authority figure in a classroom. He has thrown stan...
Views: 3968   Replies: 66
Last Post: Aug 24, 2017 6:56am
by Bozo Alert
Get him out
Who else has had it with the bull Mr. Conway spews? Please join forces and get him out to protect the kids of the city. He targets kids and doesn't stop. Parents are leaving the school system after middle school because they can't take it. Join together as a village...
Views: 5149   Replies: 79
Last Post: Aug 23, 2017 11:07pm
by Can't be Fooled...
Instructional Coaches
Can someone explain to me why we have instructional coaches? What is their actual job? My understanding is that they go into classes and then teach the teachers how to teach. I am sincerely asking if this is correct- not trying to start a big argument about instructi...
Views: 1353   Replies: 34
Last Post: Aug 22, 2017 11:27am
by qualified
MPS Administrative Pots and Taxpayer Swindle
Just drive past MHS/Central Admin almost anytime during the summer and it can be easily observed most of the time that the parking lot is nearly empty. Central Admin (and the various elem principals, all just as useless and corrupt) gives itself huge swaths of time o...
Views: 361   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2017 3:02pm
by Great Time to Mo...
school Commitee violation of law
No agenda packet listed for this Tuesday's school committee meeting meeting yet again. Supposed to be posted by yesterday, Friday.
Views: 695   Replies: 23
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 9:13pm
by Well
Open position
I was looking at all the open positions for the school and after school program. I noticed the position at ES that Debra Parson deSmet held is open. Did she leave Melrose? I hope so. ES was great when it first began then she came aboard and it all went to sh*t. She w...
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 2:50pm
by Mentor
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10