Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Nightmare in MPS
Has anyone been paying attention to the continuing disaster for our kids that is the Melrose Public Schools? Yesterday's report from one family involved an asst. principal (former SPED teacher) and a SPED administrator, both allegedly suspended (but not fired!!!)...
Views: 242   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024 2:01pm
by William
KB
The superintendent missimg
Is it true the superintendent is missing almost 3 million dollars???
Views: 122   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 31, 2023 7:32pm
by Concerned Melros...
How to Forster Empathy, servitude, diversity, and innovation in the workplace
The administration is not all together and needs total action! We voted for the School Committee to take notice on the hiring in Melrose.
Views: 198   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 25, 2023 2:38pm
by After the pandem...
Melrose gets rid of the Red Raider
From high school principal Jason Merrill: Dear Melrose Community, As some of you may know, I am a proud graduate of Melrose High School. I am also a resident of Melrose and have three children in the Melrose Public Schools. As the principal of Melrose High Scho...
Views: 542   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 17, 2023 2:40pm
by Help
Outrageous but Chronic Mismanagement by School and City
Melrose School Committee October 18th 2022 https://vimeo.com/761720449 1:39 into this four-hour debacle one can listen to the quavering and utterly insincere voice (crocodile tears a-plenty) of Finance Chair Driscoll as she once again tries to shove the festering...
Views: 285   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 29, 2022 1:18pm
by knowing
no wifi at Middle School/ High School
Why hasn’t the superintendent notified the parents that there’s been little to no wifi since the start of school this year? Didn’t she think we might like to know that our kids are wasting their time? Or that their teachers are limited in teaching t...
Views: 141   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 5, 2022 11:05am
by Logic
MPS: 2 Million-Dollar Oopsie
So the Melrose Public Schools admit that they somehow "overspent" TWO MILLION DOLLARS but were completely unaware that this had been happening. For those who couldn't understand those of us who voted against the Override, this is the perfect elucidation of why no...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2022 8:47pm
by The Shadow
Go Red Hawks!!
Best of luck, combined with finely honed skills, to all Melrose competing teams this coming school year!
Views: 79   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2022 8:39am
by Geezer
Is this the first time teacher's are going back to school with no contract???
I think schools are changing so I will put my child in the Charter School.
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2022 9:05am
by Administration d...
NTD
Honor Roll
Do Melrose newspapers still publish honor roll? Do the schools no longer submit?
Views: 86   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 6, 2022 12:21pm
by Concerned Melros...
Kids are to be back in school in 100 days what happened?
Teachers union telling him NOT SO FAST! Schools will be sold for condos if the mayor and superintendent don't smarten up. Private schools are doing fine, just like the Green New Deal failed. Whats going on around the world is being with-hold from the public. The stuf...
Views: 425   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 15, 2021 7:56am
by John from Melros...
mvmms corona curriculum
I hope the next phase of the learning will have some substance. My son has done close to zero writing in the past few years. Maybe they can use this break to assign some substantial writing assignments to produce argumentative, expository or persuasive pieces. Ask yo...
Views: 9858   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 5, 2020 1:08am
by High School pare...
Teachers unions balk at reopening schools
hurting the country and Trump. Teachers, union and Melrose will do nothing for Trump. Gov. said its safe.
Views: 1435   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 4, 2020 9:28pm
by Frank
Melrose Public Schools will close for two weeks March 16-27
Melrose Public Schools will close for two weeks as the district joins many others across the state closing in the face of the growing threat of the new coronavirus. Schools will be closed from March 16-27. Superintendent Cyndy Taymore said the closures could exten...
Views: 23726   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 8, 2022 4:43pm
by Jery Adams
Reopen schools
Please sign this petition asking the school committee to follow state guidelines and reopen schools with at least some in-person instruction: https://www.change.org/p/mayor-paul-brodeur-reopen-melrose-schools
Views: 44049   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 8, 2022 8:10am
by Geezer
Spring Break for Schools - Why Not Have Kids go to School Instead?
This is great! The kids are off this week for spring break - like they haven't had enough time off from school! We know that ALL kids are well behind what they should be learning based on many months of no school during COVID and remote learning for much of this year...
Views: 43840   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2021 11:05am
by Jack Arse
Halloween Celebrations Canceled in Melrose Schools
This Is No Trick. Halloween Celebrations Canceled in Melrose Schools Melrose Public Schools Superintendent Julie Kukenberger said the decision was made to promote inclusivity.
Views: 633   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 20, 2022 6:19pm
by Joe Bananas
The Union needs to vote of NO Confidence in the Superintendent and her Administration
Jimmy Kimmel opened Wednesday night's Jimmy Kimmel Live by taking shorts at Melrose's Halloween controversy, sparked by Superintendent Julie Kukenberger's decision to no longer center fall celebrations around Halloween. Jimmy said, "Sounds to me like maybe Julie Kuke...
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2021 4:07pm
by Out of Control
COVID-19 DELTA Variant
Everyone acts like everything is great because property values are high. But what if they weren't? And we're just one collapse away from that again. Today date is September 7 2021 coronavirus is a “serious threat to the people of Massachusetts, COVID-19 DELTA...
Views: 293   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 9, 2021 7:34pm
by Wellsley
Cutting programs
Does anyone know why they would get rid of the ACCESS program at the middle school and lump it in with kids with behavioral issues? Why are we removing positions when they just increased my taxes? Is Melrose assuming that there will be no repercussions socially and e...
Views: 391   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 29, 2021 11:12pm
by Another person
They should go back to having open on-site meetings where the public can show up in great numbers...
They should go back to having open on-site meetings where the public can show up in great numbers....not to do so...is an injustice to free speech.
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2021 6:29pm
by Not Brodeur
Meetings where the public can show up in great numbers.
They should go back to having open on-site meetings where the public can show up in great numbers....not to do so...is an injustice to free speech.
Views: 141   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2021 10:28pm
by The Big Show
ALCOHOL ON THE GOLF COURSE
All meetings be open to all.Public meetings are held to engage a wide audience in information sharing and discussion ... Public meetings are familiar, established ways for people come together to express their opinions,hear a public speaker or proposed plan,engage in...
Views: 172   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2021 8:28pm
by Choices
Mayor has now determined that public comment sessions during Council & School Committee meetings wil
Mayor has now determined that public comment sessions during Council & School Committee meetings will be suspended.
Views: 200   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 8, 2021 6:54am
by John from Melros...
True partnership
True partnership is all of us helping each other at this time.It is not easy being home everyday.Many people been followed from the jobs or layoffs. No one wins when you have no jobs are lost. This is about time it something that none of us been through .Yes employme...
Views: 384   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 3, 2021 2:18pm
by The Big Show
Easy Ed O’C
Easy Ed has done time for spending other people’s money. Does he know anyone at Cataldo who needs a cool $285,000?
Views: 353   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 22, 2021 3:51am
by John from Melros...
please be safe for the Holidays.
Coronavirus is a “Serious Threat to the People of Melrose Mass.please be safe for the Holidays.
Views: 210   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 19, 2021 2:22pm
by Jack Arse
School crossings guards
I wanted to post a few weeks ago when I saw this but elections and all. Since the world seems to be in turmoil lets start asking questions. Why does Melrose hire felony's as crossing guards? I saw that Melrose has a few at street corners. Guess it's a political favor...
Views: 379   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 20, 2020 9:32am
by Prof. Correctipa...
liz
The Mask Do Not Work If You Can "Blow" Out A Lite.
Most of the city are really not wearing masks anyway, and we are all doing fine.
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2020 7:11pm
by liz
Sam
Will the paraprofessionals still be working for the City of Melrose?
I think paras will not be needed this year.
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2020 2:57pm
by Sam
Concerned parent
I recently purchase my house in Melrose, and im excited to join this community. When i bought my house, i was told my house sit both in Melrose and Saugus, where i pay taxes for both counties. The previous owner kids(decades ago) went to school in Melrose, however i...
Views: 464   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 8:18pm
by just julie
Budget
So the budget scenario shows that they need an increase of 5.6%. This is before Covid outbreak! Didn’t we just give them a substantial amount of money with the override? My street is actually crumbling as is others in Melrose. Did our police and fire get update...
Views: 510   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 14, 2020 9:57pm
by Reality
Jeff Ugino Article
Having read the article in the Melrose Weekly News by Jeff Ugino denigrating the closing of schools, I asked myself: is this selfish, ignorant person for real? In support of his absurd position, he states that the COVID-19 risk to children is "insignificant", and hey...
Views: 352   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 27, 2020 12:01pm
by Awake and Alert
Noah Hano with seven tablets he later donated to local hospitals. –Maddy Allen
Many patients dying of COVID-19 never get to say goodbye. Related Links Live updates: The latest news on the coronavirus outbreak in New England An updating overview of coronavirus in Massachusetts How to find help and access resources if you’re impact...
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2020 10:28pm
by Hospitals
Trolls and Spammers Will Not Be Tolerated
During this time of global tragedy and great suffering there have been numerous shameful attempts to trash this message board. This is a mostly unmonitored board, privately sponsored, relying on an honor system of sorts. When offensive and otherwise unacceptable post...
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2020 9:44am
by Melrose Cares Ad...
Thank you Mr. Kenny
Just want to express appreciation for Mr. Kenney, who spoke at school committee last night (and for Mr. Dittmer, who showed up!). Seeing these reliable, dedicated and concerned citizens in the chamber gives some comfort to those of us who are despairing about the dis...
Views: 618   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 28, 2020 6:30pm
by Ted Kenney
Principals
Did the Hoover and HM principals resign ?
Views: 428   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 27, 2020 6:31pm
by Disgusted
Thoughts on New Superintendent?
What are your thoughts about the newly appointed Julie Kukenberger? I haven’t watched her interview, but there were several articles (in regards to her previous work) that I’ve found that concerned me. In her previous school district, Scarborough, 83-1...
Views: 673   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 27, 2020 4:03pm
by Horace the MAN
The absolute state of the public school system
In Europe school systems switched from the traditional format of in person schooling to 100% online schooling OVER THE WEEKEND after schools closed due to the pandemic and were up and running the following Monday. My daughter attends Bulgarian school on weekends and...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2020 5:12pm
by Michael
School Closings
WTF is wrong with Brodeur, Taymore and Clay ? Why aren’t the MPS being closed like most of our neighbor print communities?
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 12, 2020 9:40pm
by Melrose Student
Mayor Brodeur - Mental Meandering as well as Brash & Disrespectful
I am starting to wonder about our new Mayor. Have you seen his antics at school committee meetings lately? He seems to take a simple thought and contort it to the point of ambiguity! I never saw a Mayor who gets tangled up in his thought process while speaking - whic...
Views: 473   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 11, 2020 11:25am
by engaged citizen
Paymor and her pals
Hey there C, Glad to know you're paying some attention. You may think you're smarter than everyone else. Not so much. There are actually quite a few who know exactly what you've been doing. Some know exactly how you've abused your power, including your willingness...
Views: 735   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 27, 2020 9:19pm
by Choices
New Superintendent
Yes you are right Ms. Taymor! What is the hold up starting this search? Why do we need to pay an expensive firm for this. Is the Chair of the School Committee holding this up? Someone please take over and speak up
Views: 1485   Replies: 50
Last Post: Feb 19, 2020 10:30pm
by Melrose Taxpayer...
38M for Schools
So CT and SC wants 38M next year. Stop this Something is not right! Is this mismanagement? Our city needs other improvements. This is out of control
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2020 8:34am
by Resident
Executive Session
Why are the SC meeting in Executive Session to pick the Superintendent Search Committee members? The City website says an “Open Meeting” would be “detrimental to finding qualified candidates”? What the hell?
Views: 392   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 30, 2020 7:53pm
by Melrose Student
The POSERS
I believe PAUL Brodeur there tonight and i was not impressed.Has he forgotten about running for mayor?I was at a public meeting he talked about things that might help melrose funding repairs to the arts.Maybe Paul has to remember just showing up all public events wil...
Views: 4042   Replies: 81
Last Post: Jan 14, 2020 10:59pm
by Leaders
Public Safety Shaft
The new Mayor is quoted in today’s Boston Globe about his priorities. Another F..K You to the Police and Fire Departments. Strike!
Views: 170   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2020 3:21pm
by Public Safety Sh...
Beebe
All everyone complained about was why can’t we open up the Beebe again for MPS use and now everyone complaining because they are 🤷🏻‍♀️
Views: 882   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 7, 2020 10:31pm
by Won't Be Ready
Melrose High School Ranked Liw in STEM & Graduation Rates
Any thoughts on this? Education, especially STEM, is critical to us. We do not have the resources to send our children to private schools. Are there any additional parents of high school students forums where I can get more feedback? https://www.bostonmagazine.com...
Views: 350   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 23, 2019 1:57pm
by achievement
Paraprofessionals
Why is it that some Kindergarten classes each have a full time para (not inclusion) and other schools either have to share one para per 3 classes or part time only. Lincoln and Hoover have to do this. What about other schools. Just curious. It should be the same acro...
Views: 565   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 14, 2019 11:23am
by I'll Help you M...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10