Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Open Meeting Law Violations
Friend told me Zwirko campaigning on his street today. Surprised that he wasn't in Boston at the Peace Rally. Open Meeting Laws were rumored to be violated under his leadership with the City Charter group.
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2017 1:05am
by Resident
Margolis Summer Camp
Looks like the three kids that signed up for MBMM summer camp at Melrose television had a great time. Great use of the money sponged from our cable bills each month that she negotiates with the rest of the hacks. http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20170814/melrose...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 2:18pm
by Dolan is Still K...
Candidates Announcing !
Press releases in today's Free Press announcing 2 new women candidates for BOA at Large! Zwirko and Margolis better start writing their concession speeches. I also heard from a friend who lives in Ward 5 that a group of her neighbors are urging a resident in their...
Views: 2123   Replies: 37
Last Post: Aug 3, 2017 3:30pm
by Pete
Water Bill
Great letter written by Phil Taymor to the Free Press about our ridiculously high water bills. I read it online Thank you Phil 👏
Views: 522   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 29, 2017 10:22pm
by RB
COLA Base
It's long past time to raise the COLA base for Melrose retirees. The current base of $12000 has been in place for over fifteen years. Over 85% of communities have raised their base to $14000, and some have gone to a $16000 base. What would be the impact? The reti...
Views: 800   Replies: 35
Last Post: Jul 29, 2017 4:23pm
by Retiree
Additional driving change?
Apparently there will be a traffic commission meeting on Wednesday 6/21 at 5:30, during which a resident on Bellevue Avenue is requesting a change from current law which allows parking on one side of Bellevue Avenue and not both sides. This section of Bellevue is th...
Views: 718   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 30, 2017 11:03am
by M10
LOL
LOL Greatest outdoor concert since Woodstock says Dolan
From a Facebook post today: "Music lovers will want to attend a free concert and fireworks display marking the 100th anniversary of the Melrose Symphony Orchestra on Saturday, Sept. 9, at Morelli Field, while sports fans and alums of Melrose High School can begin pl...
Views: 459   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 27, 2017 6:42am
by MSO 100th Annive...
Melrose Evangelical Elected and Hired Officials Embarrass Themselves and Our City
Watching the BOA and SC it's clear that Trump has taken his cue from Melrose for how to get regular meetings to turn into prayer/worship sessions, with all the nauseating, praising and gushing the officials (elected and hired) routinely heap on Rob Dolan and themselv...
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 14, 2017 1:07pm
by DT
Irony Abounds in Mayoral Budget Presentation
In this irony-challenged burb, the mayor brought forth his latest irony-laden rhetoric to win votes in this election year and shut down his perceived haters: "Good evening. Tonight I present the FY 18 City of Melrose budget in the amount of $77,397,009.19. This re...
Views: 882   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 13, 2017 4:52pm
by Ward 3 MIA Again
Parking
I am not sure where to post this gripe but I will start here. I was desperately trying to find a parking space downtown so I could shop locally. I rode around several times. I am just wondering why the YMCA lot is always empty but you constantly see Y members park...
Views: 933   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 8, 2017 11:08pm
by Mel
2018 Budget
They had next year's budget meeting last night but they only talked about two things. When do they discuss and vote on each item in the budget?
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 7, 2017 3:58pm
by School budget
Missing Meetings Macateer Margolis
Interesting talk with it being an election year at Starbucks this morning. How many meetings have MBMM & GI missed this cycle? In the middle of our water crisis last spring they went to Italy for three weeks. MBMM was on vacation again in December missing meetings...
Views: 621   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 13, 2017 9:53am
by Mental Fitness T...
Zwirko
Jerko Zwirko pulled papers this morning for a BOA seat. He is a true politician who shows up for all the photo ops and events that he thinks will get him attention and votes. He acts like Dolan and Brodeur's lap dogs. He pants, wags and follows them everywhere. He l...
Views: 521   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 3, 2017 8:45pm
by Not so Fast
Hughes and Melrose Retirement Board
Hughes stole $75,000. He abused his position in charge of the cemetery to do it. Was happy to take it. Oops! Got caught. Judge says, "Oh, well, just give back the $75,000 and we're done here." If the Retirement Board lets Hughes take retirement, it confirms th...
Views: 492   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 26, 2017 10:29pm
by "No Comment"
The Time to Act is NOW!
Anyone with half a brain KNOWS the liberal left is responsible for the override on the current deficit. When you juxtapose the tariff registration fees coupled with the remunerations from '02 you see an unbalanced residual of not only BACK taxes but taxes due lookin...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 12:00pm
by $ean on the Hil...
Melrose City Charter Needs to be Fixed, Meeting Tonight @ 7:30
On the so-called "IQM2 Citizen's Calendar" there is a posting for a meeting tonight about this important issue. http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Calendar.aspx ORGANIZATION: Charter Review Committee MEETING DATE: 4/19/17 TIME: 7:30 PM MEETING LOCATION: C...
Views: 375   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 21, 2017 10:07am
by Our New Fuhrer
Incriminating photos
I have found incriminating photos of Rob Dolan. I feel that they are so bad, they could cause him to resign.
Views: 671   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 18, 2017 9:03am
by Kenny in the Pur...
Better Melrose?
Read the Mayors blog today about Melrose blazing it's own path. Basically it's the Mayor patting himself on the back as usual for the wonderful job he's done since being elected in 2001. My family moved here when I was 12, 32 years ago. I inherited the family home wh...
Views: 766   Replies: 23
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 1:25pm
by Mass Resident
How Mayor Dolan is Jeopardizing Your Childs Future.
When you woke up this morning, if you're like me, you thought about your kids right off the bat. Where are they, are they safe, are they feeling loved, and what can I do to help them. For my kids: -They're at home -My second amendment right to bear arms keeps them...
Views: 282   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 1:16pm
by The Truthsayer
Henry Wallace from 1944
Sadly, there are many posts on this message board that now illustrate too succinctly that the Trump administration has emboldened the voices of locals who are altogether taken with the concepts and methods of actual fascism, though they are also the first to be shock...
Views: 483   Replies: 31
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 9:38am
by Reminder
Sanctuary Cities and Voter Registration
The whole notion that debate about Immigration Policy = Hate is wrong and insulting. The bigger point is that the Democrat left is trying to equate immigration policy with hate. That's because there are more than 11 million illegals in the U.S., most of whom...
Views: 302   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 1, 2017 8:44pm
by Real Facts Redux
Should Melrose be a Sanctuary City?
Is it time for Melrose to join countless other cities throughout the state and declare itself a Sanctuary City for undocumented immigrants? Is it time now to defend these poor and defenseless people against the fascist government now in place in Washington? We can...
Views: 3539   Replies: 115
Last Post: Apr 1, 2017 4:04pm
by Either
mm poster
Watched some of the Cultural Proficiency workshop last night. The instructor was excellent. However, many of the attendees demonstrated the complete intellectual dishonesty that is running rampant across this country, particularly in Melrose. This is a great city t...
Views: 920   Replies: 24
Last Post: Mar 26, 2017 7:19pm
by SU Already
Speed limit
I was traveling down Howard St today and saw the speed machine monitoring the speed I was doing. I was wonderIng if there was a decision on how last years accident happened. I remember they had a reenactment but I don't remember seeing results. Has the speed limit...
Views: 586   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 24, 2017 6:53pm
by Nah
Missing from Melrose Discussion: ICE Abuses Power and Punishes Local Police Departments
This aspect, detailed below by the ACLU, of what is actually happening today was entirely missing from the long discussion that took place Monday night. Melrose continues to live in an insular bubble and thinks the national issues are somehow not relevant in this "qu...
Views: 467   Replies: 26
Last Post: Mar 24, 2017 12:26am
by okay then
Privacy of School Records Laws:
Boston METCO This school board member never voted to force any accountability by this superintendent when she took egregiously inappropriate actions to protect the teacher, further victimize the student. CockroachHunter03/02/17 06:19 AM Especially after the offi...
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 21, 2017 5:59am
by Sad State of Aff...
Statue of Liberty is Weeping
This, and all else associated with the hateful actions of this administration, is a heinous travesty of justice and morally indefensible. It is incredibly disheartening to see Melrosians feeling empowered now to join the hatred now unleashed all over the country. If...
Views: 1118   Replies: 52
Last Post: Mar 16, 2017 10:28pm
by Give Up - You Lo...
Rep Clark a Disgrace
Just read the our congressional state Rep Katherine Clark will boycott the Inauguration ceremony in Washington DC on Jan. 20th because she said, "I don't want to normalize his views". She is the only member of the Mass congressional group to do this - what a classles...
Views: 3170   Replies: 85
Last Post: Mar 14, 2017 6:54pm
by Real Facts Redux
BOA Disrespects Citizens, Refuses to Allow More than One Citizen Rep on Water/Sewer Committee
It was another disgusting display of our Trumpian local governance this week when the aldermen voted down the possibility of having more than one citizen representative on the Water & Sewer Committee, hailing their "efficiency" and hired "experts" as being the only a...
Views: 513   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 14, 2017 9:12am
by so-called Melros...
Dolan Blather on Channel 4 Keller
There he was in his Trumpian glory, tightrope-walking all the political highwires not so elegantly, making it clear that He has made Melrose Great Again and will not sanction Melrose a Sanctuary City, not because he has a spine, but because of a lack of "resources" t...
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2017 1:49pm
by Disheartened
Education Fund
Just received my Excise tax and noticed voluntary contributions to Education Fund. What is this for? Money for schools? I don't ever remember seeing this before !
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 6:12pm
by Resident
Modular Classrooms
The shysters are looking to grab more than $6 Million Dollars for a few modular classrooms and some reconfiguation at Horace Mann school. The mayor said the modular classrooms had a useful maximum life of 10 years but the bond is 20 years. Melrose will pay for these...
Views: 424   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2017 4:56pm
by I agree
Hate symbol
I hear at one of the schools this morning someone came upon a hate symbol in the snow. Instead of just pushing some snow around she felt the need to tell the principal and post about the good deed she had done on the community Facebook page. All the left wing nut j...
Views: 337   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 11, 2017 2:09pm
by Fake
Y parking
I am just curious what the restrictions are on parking at the YMCA downtown Melrose. I was trying to find a parking space behind Starbucks's this morning for a coffee and noticed a few people parking there then going to the Y. When I exited through the parking lot...
Views: 474   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 3, 2017 9:41am
by Michael
Time article excerpts with local relevance: A White House Devoid of Integrity
from Time magazine A White House Devoid of Integrity Elise Jordan Elise Jordan is an NBC News/MSNBC political analyst. She has worked for the Department of State and the National Security Council. At the dedication of his Library, President Ronald Reagan, the...
Views: 223   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 31, 2017 2:05pm
by Michael
Trade?
I think the real threat to our country is not refugees, but liberals. I'd be willing to trade all the liberals in Melrose for an equal number of properly vetted refugees. Who's with me?
Views: 167   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 3:32pm
by Great Idea
Baker Veto of State Legislative Raises
I guess the adult in the family stepped up and spanked the kids up at the state house recently - when Gov. Baker finally showed some grit! These people deserve a pay DECREASE not a raise! We should make their job part-time and allowed to work only 6 months a year - t...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2017 8:59am
by Legislative Rais...
Personality disorder
Can anyone offer advice about what to do if someone with narcissistic personality disorder is ruining their life? Asking for 320 million friends.
Views: 357   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 28, 2017 10:30am
by Forward March wi...
Physical Ed
Trump got more fat women to go out for a walk in one day than Michele did in eight years
Views: 550   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 7:54pm
by Agreed
Trump's War on Facts
Three times as many people on the mall than Trump's inauguration https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/22/us/politics/womens-march-trump-crowd-estimates.html?_r=0 Trump's press secretary's first "press conference" (a misnomer, as he didn't allow the press to...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2017 4:04pm
by Hypocrisy
From GateHouse to Outhouse
In a Free Press column last week about the upcoming Trump Inauguration, Peter Chianca, Director of News and Operation for the GateHouse papers north of Boston, could barely contain his disdain for the President-elect. At the Lincoln Memorial he wrote, “you m...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2017 2:01pm
by Lost Subscriber
Protect America's greatness from the traitor Trump
Millions and millions of TRUE hardworking, proud American Patriots were seriously offended when the traitor Trump started claiming America was not the greatest country in the world anymore. However, the losers and slackers who couldn't keep jobs and felt jealous of...
Views: 284   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 21, 2017 12:33pm
by Why is News So S...
Letters to Editor
Not that I don't find the letters entertaining but can someone explain why Bob Snow keeps writing letters to the tax payers of Melrose and complaining about City government when he is no longer a Melrose resident and hasn't paid taxes in Melrose in years. It was co...
Views: 572   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 18, 2017 4:09pm
by Creepy
Chronicle
Chronicle bull ! Anyone see the WCVB Chronicle program tonight ? Linda O represented the realtors. MHRC put forth a nice Indian woman (who works for the Planning office) to counter school OCR violations. Joy Boot Camp "friend of the Mayor" bragged that the Mayo...
Views: 575   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 16, 2017 2:48pm
by City Resident
library renovation proposal
Any one catch the Melrose Library renovation proposal, a 40 million dollar project. They want to expand the footprint of the building, I assume that would involve building into the library parking lot,now that's a good idea in an already congested area. They want to...
Views: 967   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 10, 2017 9:06pm
by Vote for Julie
Kirk Douglas: The Road Ahead...What Now?
He said this, and the bigots still won. Now it's on the rest of us to fight for a return to common decency and true American values, not those of the fascist about to take his oath. Kirk Douglas: The Road Ahead I have always been deeply proud to be an American....
Views: 417   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 9, 2017 9:17pm
by Back the ACA for...
Mike Hughes Trial
Mayor's Godfather and Cemetary Thief goes on trial today. Let's see how the case is covered in the media and what coverups and deals are made.
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2017 2:52pm
by Really?
5 Things You Can Do Right Now About Donald J. Trump - from Michael Moore
This (and it applies to Melrose politics, as well): Michael Moore December 27 at 9:19pm · 5 Things You Can Do Right Now About Donald J. Trump - from Michael Moore It's been seven weeks since Hillary beat Trump by nearly 3 million votes but lost the pre...
Views: 1448   Replies: 80
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 9:56pm
by Trump'n Along
lIZARD PEOPLE (leeple)
Citizens I belive that Mayor Robert Dolan is a lizard person DISGUISED as a man and we should all be alarmed for a lerson (lizard person) rules us
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 8:30pm
by jeb!!?1!!
Library Rush Job
RD is beginning his Library push tonight at the BOA meeting. We do not need a Library renovation and cannot afford it. Let's see the "leaders" on the BOA cave as usual....NO !
Views: 487   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 6, 2017 10:01pm
by Concerned Melros...
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12