Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Pretend Transparency
Pie chart in the tax bill is colorful but don't expose anything. Open up the checkbook. Publish who gets each check, how much its for and what it was paying. That would be transparency.
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2017 12:46pm
by Spin City
Cemetery Crimes and Punishment
Read the Free Press article - First the city let Mike Hughes steal money and rip people off. They kept it a secret so he could retire with a pension. Now they treat like criminals the good people who tend the graves of their loved ones.
Views: 344   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 2, 2017 8:28am
by Concerned Melros...
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year all you honky losers! [:))]
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2016 3:10pm
by wildfire
High Ranking City Official
I am not one to name names but I wanted to put this out there to see if any other citizens have witnessed a high-ranking city official of the male species paying for goods on Main Street using a CHANGE PURSE! I kid you not! I have seen it twice! He's pleased as...
Views: 617   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 22, 2016 4:35pm
by City Hall
He's At It Again!
http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20161213/melrose-public-library-renovation-plans-move-forward How's this for logic - "We want to do a $20,000,000.00 library makeover because we might be able to get 40% of it as a grant." Then he wants to roll that into a debt...
Views: 634   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 16, 2016 5:50pm
by 5-1
Spit in the face of police and fire
The library? Spit in the face of fire and police! Handicapped accessible? How about the police station? The Mayor and BOA should be arrested along with Mike Hughes, if they look for taxpayer money for the library before the fire and police stations! Fire and Pol...
Views: 444   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 16, 2016 8:55am
by Pat del
Dolan's Godfather Arrested
The Cemetery Super arrested for stealing is Rob Dolan's Godfather from Everett. Surprise surprise ! Another patronage job given to family and friends. This incompetent administration has yet another scandal on its hands. The Cemetery has been a mess for years. Cit...
Views: 5204   Replies: 35
Last Post: Dec 15, 2016 1:56am
by Insiders Club
Time to Demand a Complete Audit of City
With the revelations coming out about Dolan's godfather and longtime chief of staff (until 2011 when he became the Cemetery head), coupled with RD's suspicious assertions that nothing passed through the city coffers re: the alleged grand larceny of Hughes, it's time...
Views: 896   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 12, 2016 2:06pm
by Geezer
Ramadan dinner
I'm going to get called every name in the book, no doubt the first response will say you are racist. Islam is not a race. The Mayors dinner to help us learn more Ramadan is very disturbing to me at a time when we are banning any and all things Christian from governme...
Views: 1221   Replies: 35
Last Post: Dec 6, 2016 12:17pm
by Interesting
Mayors thanksgiving speech
Anyone else feel like the mayors speech was directed toward white trump supporters? He mentioned the divisiveness of the country but felt as though he was taking a playbook from the media in which they show the few incidents hate by trump supporters but ignore the ha...
Views: 504   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 3, 2016 7:37am
by Mayor Dolan - a ...
New buildings
Does anyone know if the properties that Melrose Wakefield Hosp is purchasing and building on all over town be excused from paying city taxes? I know the hospital does not pay. If they purchase Wingate will they pay taxes. If these properties are all excluded from...
Views: 446   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 29, 2016 5:52pm
by Town Crier
Water Bill
The water bill is outrageous. My office coworkers who live in other towns pay half what I do. Some have more kids.
Views: 258   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2016 5:46pm
by It's Worse Than...
Todays Election
Clinton wins by taking Florida and NC Weed wins in MA Farm animals get better digs in MA Charter School passes Slot machines lose
Views: 465   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 22, 2016 1:26pm
by Get Real!
Dolan Wikipedia Bio
This is the bio for the Mayor listed on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_J._Dolan_(politician) Robert J. Dolan Mayor of Melrose, Massachusetts Incumbent Assumed office: September 10, 2001 Preceded by: Patrick Guerriero Born: Melrose, Mass...
Views: 395   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 11, 2016 9:17pm
by He's white alri...
Madeiros Believes Melrose Police Racially Profile
https://vimeo.com/188752684 Check the above video of the BOA 10/24 meeting and skip to 19:30 if you want to see what I'm referencing. MM spoke out against Alderman Wright's motion to reduce unposted speed limits citywide to 25 MPH by saying that she doesn't wan...
Views: 1747   Replies: 55
Last Post: Nov 6, 2016 9:18am
by correct
Fire Contract
Saw in the news that Melrose Fire has been - again - working without a contract for 26 months. Now that's not a big surprise, because since Dolan was elected, that's been the city's standard tactic - delay and obfuscate as long as possible to avoid signing and having...
Views: 648   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 24, 2016 3:26pm
by ?
Water Fiasco
Thanks to Monica M. for her orders regarding the water and sewer debacle in this city. Let's see, will any other Alderman second any order or will they all play opossum? The BOA should get the message. The Override failed in LARGE part because of the "fuzzy math" rel...
Views: 2818   Replies: 71
Last Post: Oct 20, 2016 8:51pm
by get it right ple...
Lemmerman"s Problem
As reported in the Free Press, Ward 2 Alderman, Jennifer Lemmerman says, "it's not over 'til it's over" and her proposal to change the "Melrose Board of Alderman" to the "Melrose City Council", will be heard by the full board on Oct. 5, despite being rejected by the...
Views: 1212   Replies: 32
Last Post: Oct 18, 2016 7:49pm
by Crazy
RNC's DT, Gaslighting Abuser, Malignant Narcissist: astute analysis of fake apology
https://mobile.twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/784614267383386112 Oct 7 🌈 ‏@leahmcelrath I'm just going to set this here. It's Trump's "apology" video statement. https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157844642270725&id=153080620724&_rdr …...
Views: 761   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 15, 2016 9:02am
by Get a Grip!
BOA to Review City Charter
Alderman Zwirko proposed,in a BOA sub-committee meeting on 9/22, an order to form a committee to review the existing city charter and recommend any changes to it and that this activity should occur at least every 10 years. The order was unanimously accepted, without...
Views: 327   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2016 3:37pm
by Biased
Bill Forbes...RIP
I just learned that former Alderman Bill Forbes passed away. He was my ward Alderman. We disagreed politically on many issues but I respected the man. He was sharp and funny and no matter how angry I got at him he always took the time to walk to my house or drive...
Views: 397   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 30, 2016 10:16am
by Old Skool
police
I recall when the Police Chief signed his last contract it was supposed to expire this year. Anyone hear if Dolan is going to renew it or does he have someone else in mind?
Views: 665   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 18, 2016 10:33pm
by Yup
Demise of the Free Press
Can't say I am sorry to see the Melrose Free Press shutter the presses and go to a digital only format. This rag stopped being about Melrose along time ago, and is mostly filled with regional garbage and pictures and articles sent in by parents of private school kid...
Views: 702   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 17, 2016 9:56pm
by Free Melrose
Fire mans contract
Fred they will send a transponder to your House to put out the fire with GammaRays!
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2016 4:17pm
by Tollcollector
Narrow Roads Suck
I’d like to thank the person who decided that narrowing every road in Melrose would be a good idea. Did it ever occur to you that smaller roads might create more traffic? With all our great new narrow roads, traffic is at a stand still because nobody can get...
Views: 610   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 12, 2016 1:24pm
by M10
Parking
Is it true that Mr Robbie wants to implement a parking fee of $600 per year to those who work in downtown Melrose and use the public lots to park all day? I hope this is merely a rumor. First off, Mr Robbie boy over develops the city leading to a lack of parking spa...
Views: 393   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 11, 2016 4:05pm
by M10
Water Crisis
The severe drought in Massachusetts (especially in the greater Boston area) should have Melrose "leaders" enforcing water restrictions. BUT the irrigation systems in City Parks are in full use every day. Let's make the sports fields perfect for athletes! Of course...
Views: 381   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2016 6:15pm
by Drought Fund
Time for Melrose to Grow Up
Whether it's sports victories or acceptable PARCC/AP test scores, the YES crowd in Melrose seems unidimensional in its comprehension of reality or tolerance of anything that doesn't conform to "Love us or Move because you're a Hater" mentality. The chest-beating supe...
Views: 1091   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 7, 2016 10:22am
by melrose senior
Water Rates
Dolan - “I would like the Committee to explore the possibility of offering a rebate to qualifying seniors who live in condos, money that they could then use toward association fees.” This guy still doesn't get it. He's going to explore ways to offer me...
Views: 1923   Replies: 48
Last Post: Sep 7, 2016 8:22am
by Wake Up Melrose
BOA vs. City Council
In the spirit of insisting that everything be "gender neutral" I propose JLemmerman change her name. It's just not gender neutral as apparently now the BOA needs to be. Or so say the City Hall mouth pieces as usual.
Views: 2392   Replies: 67
Last Post: Sep 4, 2016 7:49pm
by Old and Fat
NAME CHANGE FARCE ENDS
You can't win 'em all. Although the Board of AlderMEN voted down Ward 2 Alderman Jennifer Lemmerman's proposal to change its name to City Council, there are other opportunities to promote gender sensitivity in the City. Take the Department of Public Works for examp...
Views: 324   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 26, 2016 11:46am
by Yep
City Planning????
I don't often go by Essex St. but see there is a large five story building at Deering Lumber being built on the street line on both Willow and Essex. I feel so sorry for the residents of Willow - they must see nothing but this building from their living rooms and...
Views: 671   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 19, 2016 2:47pm
by Nope
MWH
Just curious to know know if Melrose Wakefield Hosp will have to pay taxes on the new parking lot. I know they do not pay for hospital space, but were the buildings they tore down owned my MWH or did owners pay taxes ?
Views: 305   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2016 1:53pm
by Common Sense.
BLM Frauds
Have you all seen the Melrose, MA community page on Facebook? What a joke. A bunch of fraudsters have moved to Melrose, which is 92% white. In order to make themselves feel less guilty about their decisions they have ordered a bunch of BLM signs and post on facebook...
Views: 504   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 15, 2016 11:21am
by Rando
Lousy Incompetent Cooked Press of Melrose MA
http://patch.com/massachusetts/melrose/melrose-mayor-offers-updates-developments-vacant-buildings?utm_source=newsletter-daily&utm_medium=email&utm_term=business&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=article-topstories "Melrose Mayor Offers Updates on Developments...
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2016 1:23pm
by Willie
Gag
Bloviating re Baker's Arts Cuts
from today's Free Press: "State Rep. Paul Brodeur and State Sen. Jason Lewis, who make up the Melrose delegation, both support the override. “I don’t want to say it was a mistake on the governor’s part, [but] it was not a choice I would have made...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2016 11:22pm
by Charlie's Puppy
Boiselle
While Robert Boiselle might not be the thief some of his fellow BOA members are, he has become a regular pain in the ass for employees at Shaws taking carriages from the store, walking them over to his apartment so he doesn't have to carry his food with his princely...
Views: 485   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 18, 2016 6:15pm
by GIC Taker
Open ur eyes, brighten ur brain !!
People need to be more educated!!! Wake up!! We are in 2016!!! Read and listen to more then 1 source!! Try to find the truth !! If you judge a culture/ society/ religion/ .... Based on one source that mean you are STUPID!!! Every country, society, culture, community,...
Views: 478   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 16, 2016 9:09pm
by Real Facts
Honest discussion
Another attack on the western world by another man named Mohammed. When will this end? Will it ever end? My prediction is it will only get worse. Guns were not the deadly weapon. How will the left spin this? I would like some honest answers. I am a Trump support...
Views: 370   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 16, 2016 9:27am
by Former dem
Web Site Back Up
Opps! Forgot to pay the bill!
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2016 9:20am
by patricia wright
RUBBER STAMPS with HEALTH INSURANCE
Rubber stamps with health insurance. The aldermen had 75,000,000 opportunities to prove otherwise. They didn't cut or change one dollar in the whole budget.
Views: 583   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 23, 2016 9:53am
by Sweeping Stateme...
PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING NOW !
PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING NOW !! If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. Henry David Thoreau So lets refresh ourselves with the City of Melrose Schools - Chec...
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2016 3:48pm
by Override for Pub...
Public Safety Center
The main fire station had to be evacuated this evening due to a gas leak. The fire station and police station need to be bombed! Why hasn't a new combo complex (like Wakefield) been built on the old Deering site or on Cory Street? Public Safety is far down on the...
Views: 502   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 21, 2016 5:38pm
by PUBLIC SAFETY BU...
Question on Water
There was a big ribbon cutting ceremony on Saturday at the Top of the Tank - a new underground reservoir that can provide emergency water to 22 communities (including Stoneham, Winchester, Revere...). It's an impressive accomplishment and facility - however Melrose...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2016 8:18am
by Curious
Rats in the City!
I just saw postings on Melrose MA Community on Facebook about rats in the City of Melrose. There have been many sightings in the Mount Hood area and around the Common, and also around City Hall. There was a picture posted of a rat climbing the low brick retaining...
Views: 976   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 10, 2016 12:35am
by Anti-transparenc...
Traffic Congestion
It took me 25 minutes (7:45 to 8:10) to drive down Main Street from the Fellsway to Wyoming. What are the City Planners, BOA and Mayor going to do? The consequences of overcrowding/overbuilding on our streets and in our schools screams poor judgement and "planning"!
Views: 938   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 4, 2016 5:15pm
by 7 miles
Traffic Light
I blame Mayor Dolan 300% for the faulty traffic light on the intersection of Green St and Lynn Fells Parkway. Attached is a url for his Wikipedia page in case anyone is interested in Dolan Trivia. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_J._Dolan_(politician) Back t...
Views: 437   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 22, 2016 9:28pm
by Rich kim
No Transparency Administration Does Not List Commission Members
This foul administration not only doesn't list (anywhere) the members of the various commissions, just try and find minutes, agendas, etc. of all but the Parks Commission. There is no excuse for this. How many times does it take for Robbie's administration to be foun...
Views: 581   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 23, 2016 8:05pm
by Agree
Parking & Traffic Woes
Thank you City Planner and Mayor Dolan for approving a plan to eliminate much needed parking in Melrose buy putting in those ridiculous bumps outs all over Essex St. The new bump out account for at least 4 less parking spaces. The Franklin Street renovation is...
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2016 1:34pm
by Willie
New Fire and Police Stations
Dolan just called for a committee to explore new public safety buildings. Not one woman is on the Committee except Denise G!
Views: 1311   Replies: 41
Last Post: May 10, 2016 8:59am
by resident
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12