Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Impersonating others will get you banned
It should be obvious that neither the mayor nor the former mayor were posting in recent threads, but rather poseurs trying to stir the pot, as it were. Those IPs and those trolls (hiding behind their VPNs) will also be banned.
Views: 297   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 18, 2020 9:23pm
by Mom and Dad
Malden City Council president
The police were called to the Wednesday night get-together, which included a DJ and a parade. SHARE TWEET 1 COMMENTS By Arianna MacNeill, Boston.com Staff May 17, 2020 | 2:55 PM The Malden City Council president has apologized after she reportedly organized...
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2020 9:11pm
by Malden City Cou...
Mail-In Ballots for Melrose in the Fall
Our Democrat Sec.of State Mr. Gavin is planning to give out mail-in ballots to anyone requesting them for the primaries and Presidential election in November. Now what could go wrong with this program? Of course they won't be able to validate many of them because the...
Views: 159   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 17, 2020 5:17pm
by Resident
Memorial Hall
Just curious if our Police/Fire stations will be updated. Read that Memorial Hall will get a 2.6 Million $ upgrade. Is there a plan ? Hope so
Views: 153   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2020 11:41pm
by Politics
We give up. You win.
Okay, we get it. We stink at the internet. You win. We’re done deleting posts and threads. Have at it, post whatever you want.
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2020 8:55am
by Melrose Cares Ad...
Trolls and Spammers Will Not Be Tolerated
During this time of global tragedy and great suffering there have been numerous shameful attempts to trash this message board. This is a mostly unmonitored board, privately sponsored, relying on an honor system of sorts. When offensive and otherwise unacceptable post...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2020 9:44am
by Melrose Cares Ad...
Police
Really? No one is going to talk about the “police activity” on southern main st yesterday? Just going to pretend we still live in a “bedroom community.” All this incident made me realize is we are far closer to Boston than ever before. And eve...
Views: 343   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 11, 2020 4:46pm
by Pop
Irresponsible DPW
With the media bombarding us with COVID-19 guidelines about social distancing, I think that the person who organized, and called for, the Melrose DPW meeting where an unfortunate employee was infected was irresponsible to the point of being negligent. Makes you wonde...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2020 4:51pm
by Social Distancin...
Ruth Clay
The WHO has called the Coronavirus a Pandemic. Does anyone have confidence in Ruth Clay?
Views: 439   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 2, 2020 10:08pm
by Wakefield
Mayor won’t cover PD & Firefighters CoVid19
Absolutely Disgusting!!! Brodeur told FD & PD union presidents they will NOT be covered under 111F presumptive language if they get sick with CoVid19. As a Firefighter in this community, Mr. Mayor I invite you to come with me to get exposed to this virus taking care...
Views: 716   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 31, 2020 9:55pm
by Flatten the curv...
katherine voted no...
The house rejected an extra 335 dollars for the elderley a month..They gave themselves 8000 dollar raise Katherine Clarke you are a P.O.S.please vote this idiot out wake up america these liberals are taking america down again katherine you are a P.O.S....
Views: 190   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 28, 2020 3:33pm
by Disgusted
Thank you to all who made it out to vote!
It was an uphill battle from the start, but I'm proud of our effort and thankful to all who made it out to the polls.
Views: 198   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 7, 2020 1:19pm
by Non Partisanship
Oy Vey...”Little Brandon”
Waaaaa waaaaaaaaaaah!! Who knew that making one lawn sign, failing to figure out how to get on a ballot in time, making a couple three line Facebook posts with no discernible plan and asking Melrose Messages for ideas was a recipe to be embarrassed??? Donald J Tru...
Views: 261   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 7, 2020 10:59am
by Brandon Reid
Sad
Horri
There’s a single mother posting on the Melrose Facebook page looking for a place to live and doesn’t qualify for public housing because she doesn’t make enough? Is that a joke? I’m almost certain there are many families living in Melrose housi...
Views: 182   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 5, 2020 7:21pm
by Resident
Vote Monica for State Rep March 3rd!!
Monica is the true conservative of Melrose. Write in “MONICA MEDEIROS, 3 BAY STATE ROAD, APT A, MELROSE, MA” tomorrow when you vote! Donald Trump endorses Monica! “Little Brandon” is low energy. Sad!
Views: 164   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 3, 2020 1:47am
by Non Partisanship
I'm voting for Brandon Reid & maybe you should too
I'm voting for Brandon Reid because I'm proud of him for making it on to the ballot despite some very low odds and this effort deserves support. I am not a Republican but I believe in a balanced government and Mass has an overabundance of the a Democratic perspective...
Views: 293   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 3, 2020 1:45am
by Non Partisanship
What is the most pressing issue that this community faces...?
..and what action(s) would you like to see taken to address it? This is a question I've been getting a lot of, and of course I have my own opinions..but I'd love to hear from you -the residents of this district. Far too often, politicians use their platform to tel...
Views: 331   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 16, 2020 11:59am
by Willie
Wasn’t there a thread in here about Jason Lewis?
Where did it go? Who finally posted something that the Melrose Cares Admins thought “went too far”? This place is marshmallow soft.
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2020 10:07am
by Willie
Override waste/theft!
P.T. Barnum once said that there is a SUCKER born every minute. How prophetic he was when considering the fools that voted yes for the override. How many people do you personally know that earn a pension for working only a few hours per MONTH? I recently learned that...
Views: 546   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 10, 2020 1:46pm
by Willie
Brandon Reid for State Representative
Good day, my fellow local residents. I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself, Brandon Reid, and declare my candidacy in seeking the 32nd Middlesex District State Representative seat. Despite my best efforts, the Secretary of State’s office has disq...
Views: 1225   Replies: 50
Last Post: Feb 5, 2020 5:08pm
by Brandon Reid
Monica wins!!!!!!
Yes!!! Overwhelming support of write in ballots for Monica! Let’s go!!!!
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2020 12:00pm
by Willie
Election Office Debacle as All Independent Voters Eliminated from Voter List
Major News, MA Secretary of State's Office Confirms: The Melrose Election Office printed the incorrect voter lists for each precinct and failed to include all the unenrolled/independent voters. New lists had to be sent from the state and are only now, over two hou...
Views: 228   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 4, 2020 8:47pm
by update
Write in Monica Medeiros for State Rep!
She will run in the general election if she gets 150 write in ballots! She KNOWS how to get it done. Write in “MONICA MEDEIROS, 3 BAY STATE ROAD, APT A, MELROSE, MA”. Don’t put your faith in someone untested in Melrose...vote with your head AND y...
Views: 313   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 4, 2020 4:41pm
by Monica!!
A Friendly Reminder
The Melrose Taxpayers Association lied to businesses and residents in the lead up to the Override; they were exposed and soundly repudiated by the electorate. Monica hitched her wagon to the “No’s” and was smoked this past election. Nearly all of th...
Views: 317   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 4, 2020 10:14am
by The Truth
Dems
put my little message up this morning about the dems came home and it was taken down cant find it.did not say anything bad just facts.but the liberals who run this site took it down because i said Mr Trump would win...just a fact.what happened again to freedom of spe...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2020 7:03pm
by BOMBED WITH LIVE...
Public Safety Shaft
PB was quoted in today’s Boston Globe regarding his priorities. F..K You to the Police and Fire again and again. The Police and Fire Unions should strike. When is his Public Safety Building Committee meeting? Who will advocate from the City Council?
Views: 438   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 20, 2020 8:48pm
by pb
Brazil Street
What’s the latest on Brazil Street, or is that another of those things we’re supposed to ‘forget about’?
Views: 234   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2020 9:06am
by The Real Truth
Melrose Women Victimized In Scam "Amazon" Call Police Warning residents to be on the look for SCAM
Very dangerous the system is becoming and this is the time of the year.
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 28, 2019 9:59am
by not so merry and...
Cory Thomas
Cory Thomas is the next Ward 7 rep, correct? It was not very gracious for that sidewalks guy to ask for recount. He had this aww shucks, I'm here for people front until push came to shove and 4 votes stood between him and the position.
Views: 1298   Replies: 44
Last Post: Dec 21, 2019 12:05am
by Lol
financial picture and an independent audit of our books.
Like our taxpayers, our leaders need a panoramic view before they make decisions that affect individuals so significantly. Financial forecasting in budgeting has been considered a best practice for more than a decade. Melrose can do better. Before any tax increase is...
Views: 282   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 18, 2019 2:53pm
by Seriously
financial picture and an independent audit of our books
Like our taxpayers, our leaders need a panoramic view before they make decisions that affect individuals so significantly. Financial forecasting in budgeting has been considered a best practice for more than a decade. Melrose can do better. Our taxpayers deserve an o...
Views: 147   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2019 6:48am
by Willie
Armed Robberies
So Bob's market was robbed at knife point about two weeks ago, not a mention of it anywhere. Two nights ago, West Wyoming Market, same exact thing. A little over a month ago a guy was robbed on the melrose side of Banks Pl by Oak Grove. How the hell is there no talk...
Views: 485   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 14, 2019 5:38pm
by The Big Show
KLG running for State Rep
Well, well, "breaking news".... Like moths to the flame, they begin the scramble to lay claim to their next political stepping stones... all wanting to be the next Katherine (who thinks--and even had the unmitigated gall to state publicly--that she's the next Teddy K...
Views: 605   Replies: 20
Last Post: Dec 12, 2019 9:31pm
by Reality
Holy COW! Why are so many threads being gutted?
Whole threads being deleted? Those threads that remain are disjointed and sound like a one sided conversation. This place is going to hell!! The Old Melrose Messages wouldn’t have stood for this crap! Sad!!
Views: 545   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 5, 2019 8:40pm
by Sweet Thought
New Council Elect New Member as Chair - Really?
Let see if I have this correct - the councilors elected the newest ,member, Jen Grigoraitis, chairperson for the Council for 2020? Needless to say, Jen has zero experience as a Councilor and zero experience on the rules, regulations, and procedures of the Council!...
Views: 253   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 3, 2019 11:40pm
by Just one man
When a Dem does a Trump
Even In our little town we have to bring national political affiliations into it.. you child hating Republicans seems to be the ongoing outcry. From The override to the recent elections but when OBAMA did worse then Trump you did what? NOTHING.. most of you probably...
Views: 373   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 1, 2019 9:49am
by Melrose Cares Ad...
Kate Lipper Garabedian Runs for Every Opening--Seems to Dislike Being a City Council Person
Kate Lipper Garabedian seems to want off the City Council as she runs for every open seat. How about doing the job you were elected for and stop looking to further your political career. Either serve in the seat you said you wanted to help Melrose or did you mean you...
Views: 518   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 18, 2019 12:00pm
by Grow up
A way forward for new mayor
We can and should hope that Brodeur can demonstrate more class than so many of his classless and sycophantic supporters, and more importantly that he takes to heart the concerns of the 40% of this city's voting taxpayers who did not vote for him, many of whom are not...
Views: 331   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 11, 2019 10:01pm
by Ted kenney Famil...
Peter Mortimer Not Seeking Reelection? Why?
Peter Mortimer isn't seeking reelection. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but he was committed to the city. Does anyone know why he is bowing out?
Views: 676   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 7, 2019 11:37pm
by Small world
congratulations
PAUL Brodeur congratulations and good luck.Good luck in your new job.Hopefully with all your experien you will make things better for the people here in Melrose.
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2019 8:41pm
by Ted kenney Famil...
Monica thank you for running for mayor
Monica thank you for running for mayor. All of us know you put your heart into it.Thank you the kenney Family.
Views: 208   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 6, 2019 11:46am
by Women “Leaderâ...
Ward 1 has spoken (clearly)
Ward 1: John Tramontozzi 829, Alanna Nelson 626 For a 12 year veteran alderman up for re-election, these results speak volumes. It’s either ill feelings and a lack of faith in Tramontozzi or a neutral feeling of his standing. Both views are collectively viewe...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2019 8:36am
by Ward 1 Resident
Trustworthy Medeiros
Monica Medeiros is the only mature, fair-minded voice among the mayoral candidates. The rest all play politics, constantly. Though Alderman Medeiros has an R next to her name, she has never approached local governance as a partisan matter and in fact has always repre...
Views: 3443   Replies: 91
Last Post: Nov 6, 2019 12:14am
by Paul
Vote
Liberals claim this is a non-partisan election but the usual “yay women” crowd would rather vote for an old white liberal man over a woman because she is a conservative once again spotlighting their hypocritical nonsense. In their eyes, women are only suc...
Views: 202   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 5, 2019 7:15pm
by Willie
Announcement: meeting on overnight parking ban scheduled
The Traffic Commission has apparently scheduled a meeting for 5:30 p.m. October 22 to consider a request to repeal the overnight parking ban. They haven't announced it yet because they're only required to announce it 48 hours prior to the meeting, but it's been sched...
Views: 777   Replies: 44
Last Post: Nov 4, 2019 6:19pm
by Concerned Melros...
Go Already
The Illegitimate Mayor is trying to change liquor laws before she leaves office. Go already, Gail. If or when the Liquor laws are changed, they should be done so by the new Mayor and new Council who will be voted into office in two weeks. She was never elected by vot...
Views: 407   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 4, 2019 4:47pm
by SC
Illegitimate Farewell
Just read Illegitimate Gail’s Farewell Address. This view of herself and her performance is as nutty as TRUMP’s evaluation of his accomplishments as POTUS. if she believes what was written for her, then Melrose is in worse shape than I realized. More vo...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2019 10:44pm
by Illegitimate Far...
At-Large Vote
Considering the options for city council at-large candidates on the ballot, the four blank lines will do the best job. They will get my vote.
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 25, 2019 4:39pm
by Jack
Should Ruth Clay Be Fired?
Yes. Immediately.
Views: 316   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 20, 2019 11:07am
by Past Tense
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2019 8:09am
by Jabber
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10