Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
BOA Disrespects Citizens, Refuses to Allow More than One Citizen Rep on Water/Sewer Committee
It was another disgusting display of our Trumpian local governance this week when the aldermen voted down the possibility of having more than one citizen representative on the Water & Sewer Committee, hailing their "efficiency" and hired "experts" as being the only a...
Views: 445   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 14, 2017 9:12am
by so-called Melros...
Dolan Blather on Channel 4 Keller
There he was in his Trumpian glory, tightrope-walking all the political highwires not so elegantly, making it clear that He has made Melrose Great Again and will not sanction Melrose a Sanctuary City, not because he has a spine, but because of a lack of "resources" t...
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2017 1:49pm
by Disheartened
Education Fund
Just received my Excise tax and noticed voluntary contributions to Education Fund. What is this for? Money for schools? I don't ever remember seeing this before !
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 6:12pm
by Resident
Modular Classrooms
The shysters are looking to grab more than $6 Million Dollars for a few modular classrooms and some reconfiguation at Horace Mann school. The mayor said the modular classrooms had a useful maximum life of 10 years but the bond is 20 years. Melrose will pay for these...
Views: 362   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2017 4:56pm
by I agree
Hate symbol
I hear at one of the schools this morning someone came upon a hate symbol in the snow. Instead of just pushing some snow around she felt the need to tell the principal and post about the good deed she had done on the community Facebook page. All the left wing nut j...
Views: 267   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 11, 2017 2:09pm
by Fake
Y parking
I am just curious what the restrictions are on parking at the YMCA downtown Melrose. I was trying to find a parking space behind Starbucks's this morning for a coffee and noticed a few people parking there then going to the Y. When I exited through the parking lot...
Views: 411   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 3, 2017 9:41am
by Michael
Time article excerpts with local relevance: A White House Devoid of Integrity
from Time magazine A White House Devoid of Integrity Elise Jordan Elise Jordan is an NBC News/MSNBC political analyst. She has worked for the Department of State and the National Security Council. At the dedication of his Library, President Ronald Reagan, the...
Views: 156   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 31, 2017 2:05pm
by Michael
Trade?
I think the real threat to our country is not refugees, but liberals. I'd be willing to trade all the liberals in Melrose for an equal number of properly vetted refugees. Who's with me?
Views: 104   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 3:32pm
by Great Idea
Baker Veto of State Legislative Raises
I guess the adult in the family stepped up and spanked the kids up at the state house recently - when Gov. Baker finally showed some grit! These people deserve a pay DECREASE not a raise! We should make their job part-time and allowed to work only 6 months a year - t...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2017 8:59am
by Legislative Rais...
Personality disorder
Can anyone offer advice about what to do if someone with narcissistic personality disorder is ruining their life? Asking for 320 million friends.
Views: 294   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 28, 2017 10:30am
by Forward March wi...
Physical Ed
Trump got more fat women to go out for a walk in one day than Michele did in eight years
Views: 486   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 7:54pm
by Agreed
Trump's War on Facts
Three times as many people on the mall than Trump's inauguration https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/22/us/politics/womens-march-trump-crowd-estimates.html?_r=0 Trump's press secretary's first "press conference" (a misnomer, as he didn't allow the press to...
Views: 141   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2017 4:04pm
by Hypocrisy
From GateHouse to Outhouse
In a Free Press column last week about the upcoming Trump Inauguration, Peter Chianca, Director of News and Operation for the GateHouse papers north of Boston, could barely contain his disdain for the President-elect. At the Lincoln Memorial he wrote, “you m...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2017 2:01pm
by Lost Subscriber
Protect America's greatness from the traitor Trump
Millions and millions of TRUE hardworking, proud American Patriots were seriously offended when the traitor Trump started claiming America was not the greatest country in the world anymore. However, the losers and slackers who couldn't keep jobs and felt jealous of...
Views: 217   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 21, 2017 12:33pm
by Why is News So S...
Letters to Editor
Not that I don't find the letters entertaining but can someone explain why Bob Snow keeps writing letters to the tax payers of Melrose and complaining about City government when he is no longer a Melrose resident and hasn't paid taxes in Melrose in years. It was co...
Views: 504   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 18, 2017 4:09pm
by Creepy
Chronicle
Chronicle bull ! Anyone see the WCVB Chronicle program tonight ? Linda O represented the realtors. MHRC put forth a nice Indian woman (who works for the Planning office) to counter school OCR violations. Joy Boot Camp "friend of the Mayor" bragged that the Mayo...
Views: 510   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 16, 2017 2:48pm
by City Resident
library renovation proposal
Any one catch the Melrose Library renovation proposal, a 40 million dollar project. They want to expand the footprint of the building, I assume that would involve building into the library parking lot,now that's a good idea in an already congested area. They want to...
Views: 904   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 10, 2017 9:06pm
by Vote for Julie
Kirk Douglas: The Road Ahead...What Now?
He said this, and the bigots still won. Now it's on the rest of us to fight for a return to common decency and true American values, not those of the fascist about to take his oath. Kirk Douglas: The Road Ahead I have always been deeply proud to be an American....
Views: 324   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 9, 2017 9:17pm
by Back the ACA for...
Mike Hughes Trial
Mayor's Godfather and Cemetary Thief goes on trial today. Let's see how the case is covered in the media and what coverups and deals are made.
Views: 186   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2017 2:52pm
by Really?
5 Things You Can Do Right Now About Donald J. Trump - from Michael Moore
This (and it applies to Melrose politics, as well): Michael Moore December 27 at 9:19pm · 5 Things You Can Do Right Now About Donald J. Trump - from Michael Moore It's been seven weeks since Hillary beat Trump by nearly 3 million votes but lost the pre...
Views: 1051   Replies: 80
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 9:56pm
by Trump'n Along
lIZARD PEOPLE (leeple)
Citizens I belive that Mayor Robert Dolan is a lizard person DISGUISED as a man and we should all be alarmed for a lerson (lizard person) rules us
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2017 8:30pm
by jeb!!?1!!
Library Rush Job
RD is beginning his Library push tonight at the BOA meeting. We do not need a Library renovation and cannot afford it. Let's see the "leaders" on the BOA cave as usual....NO !
Views: 418   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 6, 2017 10:01pm
by Concerned Melros...
INAUGURATION ALERT
According to a shout-out by Michael Moore, “On January 20th - Inauguration Day - a call has gone out to nonviolently disrupt the proceedings.” (This is not “The Women’s March on Washington” to be held the next day.) Good luck Michael...
Views: 169   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2017 4:34pm
by Civility - Where...
Pretend Transparency
Pie chart in the tax bill is colorful but don't expose anything. Open up the checkbook. Publish who gets each check, how much its for and what it was paying. That would be transparency.
Views: 155   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2017 12:46pm
by Spin City
Cemetery Crimes and Punishment
Read the Free Press article - First the city let Mike Hughes steal money and rip people off. They kept it a secret so he could retire with a pension. Now they treat like criminals the good people who tend the graves of their loved ones.
Views: 287   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 2, 2017 8:28am
by Concerned Melros...
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year all you honky losers! [:))]
Views: 131   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2016 3:10pm
by wildfire
High Ranking City Official
I am not one to name names but I wanted to put this out there to see if any other citizens have witnessed a high-ranking city official of the male species paying for goods on Main Street using a CHANGE PURSE! I kid you not! I have seen it twice! He's pleased as...
Views: 557   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 22, 2016 4:35pm
by City Hall
He's At It Again!
http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20161213/melrose-public-library-renovation-plans-move-forward How's this for logic - "We want to do a $20,000,000.00 library makeover because we might be able to get 40% of it as a grant." Then he wants to roll that into a debt...
Views: 573   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 16, 2016 5:50pm
by 5-1
Spit in the face of police and fire
The library? Spit in the face of fire and police! Handicapped accessible? How about the police station? The Mayor and BOA should be arrested along with Mike Hughes, if they look for taxpayer money for the library before the fire and police stations! Fire and Pol...
Views: 381   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 16, 2016 8:55am
by Pat del
Dolan's Godfather Arrested
The Cemetery Super arrested for stealing is Rob Dolan's Godfather from Everett. Surprise surprise ! Another patronage job given to family and friends. This incompetent administration has yet another scandal on its hands. The Cemetery has been a mess for years. Cit...
Views: 5145   Replies: 35
Last Post: Dec 15, 2016 1:56am
by Insiders Club
Time to Demand a Complete Audit of City
With the revelations coming out about Dolan's godfather and longtime chief of staff (until 2011 when he became the Cemetery head), coupled with RD's suspicious assertions that nothing passed through the city coffers re: the alleged grand larceny of Hughes, it's time...
Views: 826   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 12, 2016 2:06pm
by Geezer
Ramadan dinner
I'm going to get called every name in the book, no doubt the first response will say you are racist. Islam is not a race. The Mayors dinner to help us learn more Ramadan is very disturbing to me at a time when we are banning any and all things Christian from governme...
Views: 1025   Replies: 35
Last Post: Dec 6, 2016 12:17pm
by Interesting
Mayors thanksgiving speech
Anyone else feel like the mayors speech was directed toward white trump supporters? He mentioned the divisiveness of the country but felt as though he was taking a playbook from the media in which they show the few incidents hate by trump supporters but ignore the ha...
Views: 442   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 3, 2016 7:37am
by Mayor Dolan - a ...
New buildings
Does anyone know if the properties that Melrose Wakefield Hosp is purchasing and building on all over town be excused from paying city taxes? I know the hospital does not pay. If they purchase Wingate will they pay taxes. If these properties are all excluded from...
Views: 377   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 29, 2016 5:52pm
by Town Crier
Water Bill
The water bill is outrageous. My office coworkers who live in other towns pay half what I do. Some have more kids.
Views: 201   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2016 5:46pm
by It's Worse Than...
Todays Election
Clinton wins by taking Florida and NC Weed wins in MA Farm animals get better digs in MA Charter School passes Slot machines lose
Views: 398   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 22, 2016 1:26pm
by Get Real!
Dolan Wikipedia Bio
This is the bio for the Mayor listed on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_J._Dolan_(politician) Robert J. Dolan Mayor of Melrose, Massachusetts Incumbent Assumed office: September 10, 2001 Preceded by: Patrick Guerriero Born: Melrose, Mass...
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 11, 2016 9:17pm
by He's white alri...
Madeiros Believes Melrose Police Racially Profile
https://vimeo.com/188752684 Check the above video of the BOA 10/24 meeting and skip to 19:30 if you want to see what I'm referencing. MM spoke out against Alderman Wright's motion to reduce unposted speed limits citywide to 25 MPH by saying that she doesn't wan...
Views: 1438   Replies: 55
Last Post: Nov 6, 2016 9:18am
by correct
Fire Contract
Saw in the news that Melrose Fire has been - again - working without a contract for 26 months. Now that's not a big surprise, because since Dolan was elected, that's been the city's standard tactic - delay and obfuscate as long as possible to avoid signing and having...
Views: 589   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 24, 2016 3:26pm
by ?
Water Fiasco
Thanks to Monica M. for her orders regarding the water and sewer debacle in this city. Let's see, will any other Alderman second any order or will they all play opossum? The BOA should get the message. The Override failed in LARGE part because of the "fuzzy math" rel...
Views: 2567   Replies: 71
Last Post: Oct 20, 2016 8:51pm
by get it right ple...
Lemmerman"s Problem
As reported in the Free Press, Ward 2 Alderman, Jennifer Lemmerman says, "it's not over 'til it's over" and her proposal to change the "Melrose Board of Alderman" to the "Melrose City Council", will be heard by the full board on Oct. 5, despite being rejected by the...
Views: 1147   Replies: 32
Last Post: Oct 18, 2016 7:49pm
by Crazy
RNC's DT, Gaslighting Abuser, Malignant Narcissist: astute analysis of fake apology
https://mobile.twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/784614267383386112 Oct 7 🌈 ‏@leahmcelrath I'm just going to set this here. It's Trump's "apology" video statement. https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157844642270725&id=153080620724&_rdr …...
Views: 609   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 15, 2016 9:02am
by Get a Grip!
BOA to Review City Charter
Alderman Zwirko proposed,in a BOA sub-committee meeting on 9/22, an order to form a committee to review the existing city charter and recommend any changes to it and that this activity should occur at least every 10 years. The order was unanimously accepted, without...
Views: 267   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2016 3:37pm
by Biased
Bill Forbes...RIP
I just learned that former Alderman Bill Forbes passed away. He was my ward Alderman. We disagreed politically on many issues but I respected the man. He was sharp and funny and no matter how angry I got at him he always took the time to walk to my house or drive...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 30, 2016 10:16am
by Old Skool
police
I recall when the Police Chief signed his last contract it was supposed to expire this year. Anyone hear if Dolan is going to renew it or does he have someone else in mind?
Views: 603   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 18, 2016 10:33pm
by Yup
Demise of the Free Press
Can't say I am sorry to see the Melrose Free Press shutter the presses and go to a digital only format. This rag stopped being about Melrose along time ago, and is mostly filled with regional garbage and pictures and articles sent in by parents of private school kid...
Views: 636   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 17, 2016 9:56pm
by Free Melrose
Fire mans contract
Fred they will send a transponder to your House to put out the fire with GammaRays!
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2016 4:17pm
by Tollcollector
Narrow Roads Suck
I’d like to thank the person who decided that narrowing every road in Melrose would be a good idea. Did it ever occur to you that smaller roads might create more traffic? With all our great new narrow roads, traffic is at a stand still because nobody can get...
Views: 551   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 12, 2016 1:24pm
by M10
Parking
Is it true that Mr Robbie wants to implement a parking fee of $600 per year to those who work in downtown Melrose and use the public lots to park all day? I hope this is merely a rumor. First off, Mr Robbie boy over develops the city leading to a lack of parking spa...
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 11, 2016 4:05pm
by M10
Water Crisis
The severe drought in Massachusetts (especially in the greater Boston area) should have Melrose "leaders" enforcing water restrictions. BUT the irrigation systems in City Parks are in full use every day. Let's make the sports fields perfect for athletes! Of course...
Views: 315   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2016 6:15pm
by Drought Fund
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11