Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Lemmerman
Jennifer Lemmerman sold her house this week and her baby is due any minute. If she is no longer a resident of Melrose is she required to resign immediately? Or does the City Charter allow her to remain as BOA President until January?
Views: 931   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 5, 2019 1:29pm
by Jabber
State Races
Sam Hammar plans to run for State Senate against Jason Lewis in 2020. Jen McAndrews will run for State Rep. Paul Brodeur’s seat when he becomes the next Mayor. Women Power!
Views: 446   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 25, 2019 1:07am
by Out of Melrose
Mayor- Paul B
Late term abortions? Wow. We will elect someone who won’t protect the future. Unreal!!!
Views: 435   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 24, 2019 7:38am
by Concerned Melros...
Speed limit
So if you are traveling on Lynn Fells Pkwy towards Melrose from Stoneham (Grimsby area) there is a speed limit sign before you hit Tremont that reads 35. There is not one speed limit sign next until you reach Bellevue area or more of Lynn Fells There is nothing in fr...
Views: 340   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 23, 2019 8:09pm
by M10
Let’s hear them
We are entering the last weekend before the preliminary. Let’s hear your predictions for the outcome. I’ll start, with the easy bet - Brodeur and Medeiros.
Views: 562   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 20, 2019 1:01pm
by Geezer
Essex Street Plans
The Carroll project with the merry go round parking device is not the only building planned for Essex Street. Sexton and Donahue and the Vietnamese Cleaners have been kicked out of their rental spaces. The building owner has sold to a developer who plans to demolish...
Views: 669   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 19, 2019 3:45pm
by 99
Who we voting for Tuesday and why?Mayor primary
Who we voting for Tuesday and why?Mayor primary on September 17 2019. This will be the first primary we've ever had for Mayor.City of Melrose .
Views: 538   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 18, 2019 8:42pm
by mike Delise
Obscure & Irrelevant
What a BEAUTIFUL sight! Just weeks away from an important mayoral primary and barely anyone is posting here. Melrose CARES continues its slide into obscurity and irrelevance. Sorry all 5 people who post the same garbage and non-sequiturs under different names; you...
Views: 1160   Replies: 46
Last Post: Sep 18, 2019 9:11am
by Concerned Melros...
no american flag
no american flag on stage last night at the debates for democrats whats that tell you america...disgrace.
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2019 12:21am
by BOMBED WITH LIVE...
Who are YOU voting for?
Who are you voting for on September 17th? My one vote is going to Monica. I don't think she will become mayor and I don't know that she will get past the primary but I want to support her. The Brodreur vs. Bird competition must be fun to watch. I dislike their...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2019 7:31pm
by Poll Time
Melrose Nonprofits
"Are nonprofits paying their fair share ? is the title of an article in today's Boston Globe which shows, according to the PILOT Action Group, that less than a quarter of the nonprofits in Boston meet the full payment requests made by the city in lieu of taxes. Which...
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2019 1:05pm
by Water
OUT
Health Director & City Solicitor Need to be Fired
Too late to fire DPW head since he's already gone, but not too late to sue the whole lot of them for their obvious negligence and malfeasance! Clay and Van Campen should be fired immediately for the many harms they've inflicted, not only on the Brazil Street resid...
Views: 229   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2019 6:14pm
by Action
Buildings
I know I would get a lot of negative feedback if I publicly posted this but feel the need to vent. I miss my old Melrose. I miss the simplicity of our City. I know I know we need to grow but do we need 2 or maybe more high rises downtown? We are now Medford, Malden,...
Views: 372   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2019 11:33am
by 99
Forbes is a rock star
I was one of those people who suffered through the 3 hrs and 45 min of the aldermanic circus last night. I am glad I did, as Alderman Scott Forbes stood tall last night by taking on the plastic straw ban with no fear, torching Ruth Clay for her negligence for her dri...
Views: 841   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 3, 2019 11:29pm
by Veteran neighbor...
MMTV Debate Analysis
Who organized the MMTV Debate Event and Watch Party? Who are the so-called experts? We’re all 5 candidates consulted? Are the analysts going to push their candidates and issues? Monica will be the Repug Paul will be the Career Pol Jackie will be the BFF...
Views: 418   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 3, 2019 7:05pm
by Bobby Sox
Howard st
Well the roundabout is up and running on Howard. How long till the first accident at this location or the first truck rollover?
Views: 779   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 25, 2019 7:11pm
by Thanks Elena
DPW Director
Finally, Infurna has done something I can get behind. Announced today was the hiring of Rick Stinson, former Wakefield DPW Director, as Interim Director. Infurna has also decided to leave the hiring of a permanent Director to the incoming Mayor. This is a good mov...
Views: 499   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 23, 2019 2:54pm
by Mel
Mayoral Press Meet Press Proponents
From Patch: "Melrose on Wednesday September 4, 2019 at 7:30PM in the Aldermanic Chamber at City Hall for a special Mayoral Forum. This will be an opportunity for the public to hear live from the five Mayoral candidates concerning a range of issues before the first e...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2019 8:07am
by No Journalists i...
Brazil Inspections
Just announced. A Special Meeting of the BOA will happen this Thursday night voting to require outside Health Inspections on Brazil Street.
Views: 751   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 14, 2019 8:19am
by ray of hope
New drivers
I read with interest an entry in this weeks (8/2/19) Melrose Weekly News that millennial type parent has a daughter that is a new driver and is experiencing the types of drivers that drive around the Commonwealth. Since I got my driver's license many moons ago I have...
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2019 4:17pm
by Come On, Man
The Fractured Relationship At Core Of Brazil St. Impasse
In-Post Brazil Street Melrose, such an alliance is almost impossible to imagine. Mayor Gail Infurna once backed Shawn MacMaster to replace her on the board. Now she can't get him to return her calls.
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2019 7:19pm
by News Nancy
Infurna Is A Disgrace
https://patch.com/massachusetts/melrose/despite-aldermen-push-mayor-may-stick-brazil-st-decision In case there was ever any doubt about the total lack of character of the people running this city, this should clear it up for you. Some scenarios require extraord...
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2019 1:18pm
by vin malone
sdd
JLB and Brazil Street
Did anybody find it odd the way things went down at the Brazil St hearing about JLB. They mentioned her by title. They never mentioned her name. It was clear that she was deeply involved. She was essantially in charge. We now know that, now that GI has told us she wa...
Views: 529   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 2, 2019 12:04pm
by Special Meeting ...
Weighty Decision
Infurna wants to hire a permanent DPW Director to replace John Scenna. All 5 Mayoral Candidates should speak in ONE UNIFIED VOICE and stop this ASAP. A new Mayor can begin a search for a DPW Director in early November after he/she is ELECTED by the voters of Melro...
Views: 253   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2019 10:20pm
by Mayoral Leadersh...
Beware of the 60 ish Year Old, Medium Height Man Who is seen moving Shaws grocery trolley
Hey guys, there is this old thin man in his 60's who probably lives on West Wyoming Avenue but is seen walking on Willow St, Corey St and W.Forester street pushing Shaw carts. He is a violent alcoholic. If you see him walk away. This man will scream at you, chase & h...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2019 11:02pm
by Safe Streets
Scenna to Lynnfield
Aaaannnnnd there goes Scenna, off to cohabit with Dolan again. The Bandit and the Snowman - together again. Actually he's one of two to interview, but who do you think will get the job? Another rat leaving the sinking ship.
Views: 339   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 26, 2019 5:52pm
by Worried
Residents Pack City Hall, Vent After Brazil St., Sewage Back Up Melrose, Ma- A Standing Room Only.
Crowd in City Hall...For Mayor Gail InFluma's to answer to the Board-and it did but-the residents of Melrose First City Amits Gliches In Our System Regarding Brazil St.
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2019 1:17pm
by intern
Mayor and JLB command residents not to communicate with aldermen/women
How dare JLB or GI or the "Deputy Mayor" (Van Campen) tell residents, as is reported, that they are not to contact their elected representatives on the Board of Aldermen! This, more than anything, speaks volumes about the obstructionist, self-serving administration....
Views: 380   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 19, 2019 8:37pm
by The Big Show
Trash talk between communities goes online.
Town rivalries haven't faded away, they've just gone virtual. Melrose, known as a bedroom with rows of restored Victorians, has a message board where anonymous posters rip city officials and one another.
Views: 380   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 19, 2019 7:35pm
by M10
Private Way vs Public Way
So we bought a home some 30 years ago on a Private Way and sincerely enjoyed the privacy. Since then may homes have and are being built in the area. The City plows our road and other Private Ways in the area. Trash is picked up on a regular schedule. But the roadways...
Views: 439   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 19, 2019 7:31pm
by M10
Cottage Street
Nothing this city does makes any sense. Who came up with the bright idea to extend the sidewalks way out on both sides of Cottage Street directly across from the Beebe School? This serves no purpose at all other than to restrict traffic, cause problems and WASTE MONE...
Views: 288   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 19, 2019 7:19pm
by M10
Great city, great country
Let's talk about how great it is where we Live in a place where there are so many qualified (and admittedly some unqualified) people with so much passion and commitment to making our community and country better. We have some excellent candidates coming up, and we sh...
Views: 299   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 19, 2019 7:25am
by Oldie
Needles
After reading last weeks police log and this weeks there seems to be a lot of hypodermic needles being found and reported. What is going on? This is concerning. With the summer school vacation coming up people need to be aware and make sure kids don’t pick up....
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 17, 2019 6:42pm
by Facts
Deputy Mayor?
When did the cIty of Melrose create a DEPUTY MAYOR position? Shocked to see on WHDH 7 news this morning that the City Solicitor (while speaking about the cIty throwing Brazil Street residents under the bus) that his title was “Deputy Mayor”. What is RVC&...
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2019 7:57pm
by Homeowners
Rules, Etiquette
Proper usage of the English language would be an excellent baseline expectation. Unfortunately it is not realistic, especially in social media posting and in an age where even education officials often demonstrate poor command of grammar and acceptable punctuation. K...
Views: 156   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 12, 2019 6:59pm
by Geezer
Mayor
Melrose obviously we are in dire need of a STRONG Mayor going forward. Someone who cares about OUR city and OUR residents. . So candidates show me how you will stand up for all of Melrose. I do not think we could(or want ) ever be a sanctuary city when we can’t...
Views: 256   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 12, 2019 7:22am
by Davey
Brazil Street
Feel just awful for the poor people affected on Brazil Street. Nice job, DPW.
Views: 1797   Replies: 58
Last Post: Jul 11, 2019 8:14pm
by Director
Sound Familiar ?
In today's Boston Globe, author Anne Bernays described different characters who cause her to avoid meetings if possible including: The Motormouth - "This person eagerly anticipates the once-a-month meeting as an opportunity to exercise his or her language and. tongu...
Views: 314   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 11, 2019 11:51am
by The Truthsayer
Mayoral election
I am concerned that if Melrose becomes a sanctuary city we will be dealing with more overcrowding in our schools. We can hardly keep up as it is now. This has nothing to do with how I feel about immigration. I feel like we are bursting now.
Views: 493   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 8, 2019 10:54pm
by Finances and Aff...
$2,327,694.00 Free Cash to be distributed tonight at BOA mtg
"ORDER-2019-102 : An Appropriation from Free Cash, account number (01-324001), in the amount of $2,327,694.00 to various accounts as set forth herein." http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=4036 Appropriations Committee Budget Hearing...
Views: 622   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 5, 2019 11:27am
by insider
JE announces campaign tomorrow
We need change in this city. JE is the man for the job. I’m excited.
Views: 237   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2019 11:24pm
by Holly
Is Melrose a hopeless mess?
From another posting when someone suggesting contacting news outlets. Seriously, why should any news outlet care about truth and accountability Melrose when the locals clearly don't? With all but one of our elected officials, including at the state and federal lev...
Views: 387   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 26, 2019 3:06pm
by Fake as Heck
Upham Street Roadwork bids?
The BOA approved $65K in free cash for road work on Upham Street on Monday. Four days later, they told residents that D&R will begin the work a week later. This is record time in the history of world governments. All contracts over $10K are supposed to be awarded...
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2019 7:41pm
by Melrose Uncensor...
Mayors Race
Great twist in Melrose's first contested Mayors race since the charter reform. September primary where the top two vote getters run off in November for the position. When Dolan ran in a 5 person race it was pre charter reform. All 5 were on the November ballot and th...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2019 2:47pm
by Mayoral Handicap...
PDR is not the model of fiscal accountability
The City Auditor and CFO would both have you believe their tall, sanctimonious tales of fiscal accountability, always quick to wave Standard and Poors around or anything else that sounds officious. All the hype around so-called free cash is misleading in a major w...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2019 10:19am
by Paying Attention
Multiple Frauds perpetrated by Melrose Officials
BOA June 10 2019 at 00:45 Gerry Mroz speaking about Water&Sewer & $5 million-dollar school administration fraud claiming "school security" expense https://vimeo.com/341482788 30:01 Mr. Pelrine talking about Water & Sewer 35:20 Mr. Mroz talking about Water & Se...
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2019 10:34pm
by Math Major
The Forbes Fam
The Patch released an article this week about the Bill Forbes Scholarship accepting applications for the 3rd year. The scholarship has already awarded $20,000 to MHS seniors who are members of military families or have been actively involved with the local veteran co...
Views: 519   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 8, 2019 2:40pm
by Good stuff!
MWH
No taxes
I know the Melrose Wakefield Hospital does not pay any taxes , but do they pay water fees ? Also years ago I believe they paid some part of our school nurses salaries then stopped. I think as a community all of our residents and business owners are paying our fair sh...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2019 12:00am
by sd
Four Candidates
We now have four candidates officially running for mayor. Will that be it? Or will we see more jump in? One just ****** off her base by cosponsoring the change of the name of the board of alderman. One has been an alderman for about five minutes. One is an alderman w...
Views: 2909   Replies: 71
Last Post: May 29, 2019 5:59pm
by Resident
Ice Cream
I am just curious as to why Honey Dew abruptly closed and now Lisa and her sister in law are reopening as ice cream shop. I thought lease was too long ? It shows on Alderman agenda that they both own shop.
Views: 286   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 21, 2019 3:38pm
by Just wondering
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10