Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Alcohol Law Changes
Is Dolan's "Drinking Buddy, Joe" ( mentioned on another thread on this board ) the same person who is on the Liquor Commission and whose wife works for the Health Department as the Substance Abuse Coalition staff member? I can't believe this is true! Conflict of i...
Views: 241   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 4, 2014 6:17pm
by Willie
Morty Retiring?
According to the City website, Morty is retiring. Retiring from what? The Board of Aldermen? How exactly will this affect his GIC insurance I wonder? Will he be eligible to keep it permanently as a retiree?
Views: 1284   Replies: 29
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 5:40pm
by Out of Control
Outrageous Water Rates
Monica Medeiros is quoted in the Free Press below. She was literally the ONLY alderman to vote against the new tiered system, which actually penalizes those who conserve water and/or who have second water meters. It was a crazy thing that the community basically let...
Views: 612   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 1, 2014 7:30pm
by Knowledge
TGIF for Carjackers
Had my children locked inside the house all day Friday after receiving a message from Mayor Rob that two men, apparently armed and dangerous, were roaming the city. Suddenly at 5pm I receive another message that Police have done a thorough search of the city and hav...
Views: 487   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 27, 2014 8:41pm
by What??
What's up at MMTV?
MMTV always replayed the board meetings so viewers could watch when they wanted. My doctor prescribed them for my insomnia and it worked wonders for years. For the last couple weeks they only post a graphic showing the time of the next meeting and aren't replayin...
Views: 1726   Replies: 49
Last Post: Aug 27, 2014 1:59pm
by Shakespear Quote...
Smartest Towns in Massachusetts (where is Melrose?)
http://www.boston.com/real-estate/community/2014/08/05/the-smartest-towns-mass/3bLvfPlGyLvLvvWLa5nqjM/pictures.html Gee, is anyone surprised that Melrose is not on this list? Not even close! Here instead of smart we have smarta$$es who think that unpacking the...
Views: 578   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 4:05pm
by A life Lesson
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12