Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Cops are leaving soon
Rumor has it there are several cops looking to leave the fair city of Melrose. what is it? The administration? Not enough details? Dolan?
Views: 1304   Replies: 48
Last Post: Oct 28, 2014 10:30am
by Pro
WLocal/JSacco: Alderman Peter Mortimer Explains Retirement
http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/article/20141024/NEWS/141027629 Alderman Peter Mortimer explains retirement By Jessica Sacco / jsacco@wickedlocal.com Posted Oct. 24, 2014 @ 8:46 am An alderman’s unusual move to hold on to state health care benefits left so...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2014 9:15am
by GIC-takers
Breaking News
Governor Protects his Staff "As he prepares to leave office, Governor Deval Patrick is quietly transferring 500 of his managers into the state public employee union, a move that will qualify them for a series of 3 percent raises and insulate them from firing when...
Views: 480   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 21, 2014 1:26pm
by Yugdlo
WickedLocal: Multi-unit buildings request changes to water, sewer rates
http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/article/20141009/NEWS/141006959/?template=printart By Jessica Sacco jsacco@wickedlocal.com October 09. 2014 10:07AM Multi-unit buildings request changes to water, sewer rates Representatives from Melrose condominiums and ap...
Views: 428   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 18, 2014 7:07pm
by Agree
WATER BILLS
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE OF THE INSANE AND RIDICULOUS WATER BILL RATES? THE TIER SYSTEM SYSTEM THAT WE PAID A CONSULTANT TO DETERMINE IS INSANE. MY BILL HAS INCREASED $800 PER YEAR WITH NO INCREASE IN USAGE. I AM OUTRAGED AND DISAPOINTED AND DISGUSTED FRANKLY BY THE...
Views: 1311   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 9, 2014 5:36pm
by Yugdlo
Dolan Wants Taxpayers to Pay for More Political Toys!
I read in the Melrose Weekly News on page 6 an article that Dolan wants to propose buying a purported interactive software that Melrose citizens can use to understand how their tax money is being spent. Dolan is quoted as saying “ I was introduced to the other...
Views: 459   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 8, 2014 9:31am
by Skipped the show
Health Reform
Disgusted Oct 2, 2014 - 4:25PM Health Reform Last week, the Mass Taxpayers Foundation (MTF) released its latest report on municipal retiree health insurance. As expected the report finds that the cost of municipal health insurance plans is unsustainable, and as...
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2014 4:34pm
by Disgusted
Vinton/Warwick
We need to start thinking about limiting truck traffic along Vinton Street and Warwick Road. I know this is a common shortcut to the fells (and vice versa) but these are still residential and school neighborhoods. The noise and volume of trucks, is just not acceptab...
Views: 510   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 1, 2014 3:01pm
by MDC
Mohegan Sun-down
Hey Robbie, I hope you cashed that Mohegan Sun mitigation check! And good luck getting one from Steve Wynn.
Views: 281   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 17, 2014 9:49pm
by yabo
Election Results
Dolan must be drowning his sorrows tonight.....Martha, Maura, Katherine and Marion.... Year of the woman, Rob !
Views: 815   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 17, 2014 9:47pm
by woot
Alcohol Law Changes
Is Dolan's "Drinking Buddy, Joe" ( mentioned on another thread on this board ) the same person who is on the Liquor Commission and whose wife works for the Health Department as the Substance Abuse Coalition staff member? I can't believe this is true! Conflict of i...
Views: 237   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 4, 2014 6:17pm
by Willie
Morty Retiring?
According to the City website, Morty is retiring. Retiring from what? The Board of Aldermen? How exactly will this affect his GIC insurance I wonder? Will he be eligible to keep it permanently as a retiree?
Views: 1278   Replies: 29
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 5:40pm
by Out of Control
Outrageous Water Rates
Monica Medeiros is quoted in the Free Press below. She was literally the ONLY alderman to vote against the new tiered system, which actually penalizes those who conserve water and/or who have second water meters. It was a crazy thing that the community basically let...
Views: 607   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 1, 2014 7:30pm
by Knowledge
TGIF for Carjackers
Had my children locked inside the house all day Friday after receiving a message from Mayor Rob that two men, apparently armed and dangerous, were roaming the city. Suddenly at 5pm I receive another message that Police have done a thorough search of the city and hav...
Views: 481   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 27, 2014 8:41pm
by What??
What's up at MMTV?
MMTV always replayed the board meetings so viewers could watch when they wanted. My doctor prescribed them for my insomnia and it worked wonders for years. For the last couple weeks they only post a graphic showing the time of the next meeting and aren't replayin...
Views: 1716   Replies: 49
Last Post: Aug 27, 2014 1:59pm
by Shakespear Quote...
Smartest Towns in Massachusetts (where is Melrose?)
http://www.boston.com/real-estate/community/2014/08/05/the-smartest-towns-mass/3bLvfPlGyLvLvvWLa5nqjM/pictures.html Gee, is anyone surprised that Melrose is not on this list? Not even close! Here instead of smart we have smarta$$es who think that unpacking the...
Views: 569   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 4:05pm
by A life Lesson
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11