Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
FUNERAL OUTFITS IN GOUYAVE
I don't want to pretend to be this Miss Goody Two Shoes.I am just so upset about the way my people attend funerals. How can women or young ladies go to a funeral with outfits showing their breast and behinds as though they are going to a party. The purpose of a funer...
Views: 765   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 27, 2014 6:34pm
by Down Street
l
LBM
RIP Aunt May Munro
To Mycousins Jean and Lurlyn, Please accept my sympathy and condolences, on behalf of the Mitchell, Harris and Samuel families on the passing of your mum. May her soul eternally rest in peace. We extend sympathy and condolences to other surviving relatives a...
Views: 322   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 30, 2020 3:55pm
by Akwesi Harris
A DEVOTED TRAFFICKER LADY, WHO WASN'T AFRAID OF THE SEA BETWEEN GRENADA AND CARRIACOU!!!
She was a genius; nor a woman of iinfluential attributes. She was average and was best known as a trafficker and and single parent. She was very quiet by nature, and her face had always seemed to have a heavenly smile on it. Unlike the very few other ttraffickers, wh...
Views: 65535   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2020 11:45am
by Sue
The LOUISONS - part 1
Charles Martin owned an estate in St David. In the book: ‘Testing of the Chains: Resistance to slavery in the British West Indies’, page 208, he was mentioned as “-a noted brigand rebel in the Fedon insurrection. He was hanged in market square in 17...
Views: 1595   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 12, 2017 10:37pm
by Peter St. Paul
Gouyave family research Vincent, Lewis, Patrick, Joseph
My father was from Gouyave and I'm researching my family tree. I'd be grateful to receive any information about the following: 1. My great grandfather John Lewis and his wife Elizabeth (nee Joseph). She died in 1935. 2. My great grandfather James Patrick (died...
Views: 616   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 30, 2017 11:06am
by Peter St. Paul
Mr VJL Oye
Ah sending ah bockle ah Rivers by Toney fuh you, and one fuh he. But remember is not fuh alyu to drink.Use it to sap allyuh head and you knees,den go an read the two last stanzas of the Star Spangled Banner. Yuh know dat anthem all you does sing in school, in sho...
Views: 607   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 21, 2017 9:12pm
by Vernon Louison
So now that the Kirani James train
Has come,and may be departing the station,isn't it time,for the government and people of Grenada to seize and build upon the stellar accomplishments of the young man from Gouyave, and undertake a National effort, to place Grenada, as Cuba once was, and Jamaica is now...
Views: 593   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2017 4:26pm
by Downstreet
Temporary Bridge
I have just seen a video of the temporary bridge in Gouyave. The river has destroyed it. So heart breaking
Views: 494   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2017 6:20pm
by merle edmund
Home In Gouyave
Hey Downstreet, I know you won't reveal yourself should I meet you next week, but I'm counting on the man himself, Mr. Selwyn, to do so as he knows it's nothing more than my pure curiosity to meet a real down-to-earth Gouyaveman(lol).
Views: 636   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 12, 2017 8:15am
by Tony De
m
MELO
CARNIVAL
WHERE IS GOUYAVE Pretty carnival mass bands ?? Are there any all are seeing is JOUVET JOUVET,endless JOUVET, (LOL)
Views: 523   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 11, 2017 2:29pm
by merle edmund
The House on Coco road
I am always curious about how others who either did not personally experienced the Revo or who have strong feelings about what it was about, have to say. This documentary by director Damani Baker whose mother left the USA and lived a short time in Grenada with her ki...
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2017 9:48pm
by Peter St. Paul
Preserving Grenada’s Keyol Language…
This can be an informative book to raise awareness of piece of our disappearing identity. There are so many interesting thing in this whole thing…….amazing… Thinking about reading the book. The web site is temping… The interviews wit...
Views: 629   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 10, 2017 12:05pm
by Peter St. Paul
Beyond The Paint,The Belvidare of Central Depradine Street
Our Nutmeg Pool, being the largest structure in our country, its size seems with time, to have out-lived its usefulness as Grenada slowly transitioned out of a once 100% agrarian economy to a more lucrative blend of service-base and tourism model. The decline in Nu...
Views: 911   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 6, 2017 2:47pm
by Peter St. Paul
Home Sweet Home Verntoni
For our brothers who blissfully reside in America the Beautiful, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, the view from down on the Depradine is just not so rosy. Even when viewed through the crystal clear spirituality of a bottle of Rivers. While your fellow citiz...
Views: 617   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2017 11:58am
by The scarlet
Reconnecting with our spiritual Identity
This is a positive view that is long overdue ... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41048840
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2017 10:31pm
by Peter St. Paul
The Repainting of the Nutmeg Pool
as a person who was raised in gouyave , the nutmeg pool is part of me.. being a part of our heritage I will to see the restoration of the pool.. any suggest how can we come together as a people to fun rise and volunteer to let that happen.
Views: 527   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 1, 2017 4:58pm
by MELO
Bursting the Thread Below, With an Intriguing Observation.
Said the Downstreet "conversational provocateur"  ".....If I was to be politically correct, I would remind you that Dyer Marquez is a Portuguese descendant from the South land who may not like your Francophone version of his name." "McKay" happens to b...
Views: 583   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 30, 2017 1:41pm
by T S Selwyn
It's in our genes/DNA, have we forgotten that?
"After you kall me all de names in the world and make me feel unwelcomed in de Gouyave Talkshop? Man you aint easy! But is okay. I could take me licks too ;-)" "Unwelcomed? You see how postings can be interpreted differently!! Yet I fail to understand why anyone w...
Views: 494   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2017 10:24am
by Tony De
a
Arthur
Changes coming
Hey Talkshopper, we are in the process of doing a make over to the website in keeping up with changing technology. In the coming days, you will notice what i am talking about. I am also wondering about the Talkshop, should we keep it, close it down or make a...
Views: 653   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 24, 2017 10:51pm
by Beverly
A Bridge too fsr
Talking bout De lack of posters on Go Go. I been waiting fur months for people to complain about how far we have to drive to go on De lanse. Ah pander of mines come up from Tung and wanted to sample De Chinese cuisine from Mama. Sans food shop. Well Mama yo, sinc...
Views: 518   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 22, 2017 7:19pm
by Downstreet
Leonard Samuel also known as “Sleepy” has died
My dear friend, Sleepy, your passing may be the last time I'll have the opportunity on this Talkshop to say farewell to anyone, more so one of the boys. Doh Laff, Carlyle Tate, Pa Bain, Pipe Head and a whole lot of others have already gone before you, so I was rea...
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2017 7:46am
by Tony De
"Ah Got Sane, And Ah Strap-On Me Guns Again!"/Den Dash! Lunatics
My favorite social and political commentary Artist and Satirist, Dr. Hollis Liverpool (Sobriquet, Chalkdust) had come to my rescue and provided me with this theme that I found apropo to this disastrous path of utter "dohtishness" that our government has embarked upon...
Views: 459   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2017 6:42am
by Vernon Louison
f
fyi
facts
Editor's note: For those who are wondering about the retro title of this black history series, please take a moment to learn about historian Joel A. Rogers, author of the 1934 book 100 Amazing Facts About the Negro With Complete Proof, to whom these "amazing fact...
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 17, 2017 5:12pm
by merle edmund
That's how we dey!
Isn't it interesting that our people seem to prefer reading and posting on Facebook instead of our own GoGouyave. This site is almost dead!!!!!! Don't misunderstand me, I certainly have no problem whatsoever with Facebook, but don't we understand that GoGouyave is...
Views: 510   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2017 10:46am
by Tony De
DNJ
text me
Views: 65535   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 16, 2017 3:37am
by manos
West Indian Party: lower the rod, it's limbo time, on the ‘party’ dance floor!
Mr Obia Man light the fire to blaze .......start the drumming....lower the 'guava' rod.....it's GoGouyave Talkshop partytime and ...... me want to limbo..... whay the powder! whay' the guava trees..... whay' Observer...... whay the titiris.... ! My hot, samba, pa...
Views: 65535   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2017 3:35am
by manos
A Setback to "Our Renaissance" With the Shackles of The Crown
While we were here busily discussing the drawbacks in our desire to advance the causes of our renaissance, we were reminded once again of that salient issue; the slave mentality that continues to act as an impediment to our independent thinking that was being played...
Views: 616   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 7, 2016 7:22pm
by Downstreet
Grenada's Renaissance, updating an old post.
Will someone please tell me that students in Grenada, and indeed the entire Caribbean, are no longer still being fed exclusively as required reading with literature books written by European and American authors. The plethora of books by Grenadian authors today ma...
Views: 612   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 4, 2016 7:37am
by Vernon Louison
l
LBM
Sympathy and Condolences to my Bro Arthur G Hosten - Webmaster.....
Hey Bro, On behalf of the Mitchell, Harris and Samuel families, please accept our deepest sympathy and condolences on the passing of your father. May his soul rest in peace. LBM
Views: 478   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 1, 2016 6:28pm
by Arthur
my condolences
my sincere condolences to you and your family.
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2016 6:26pm
by Arthur
l
LBM
Rest In Peace - iconic Global Leader and Champion of the Cuban nation
Rest In Peace honourable one. A legend in his own lifetime and beyond. Your passing should be celebrated and mourned in Cuba, Grenada and the rest of the countries who hailed you as an iconic visionary and friend of the globally oppressed. As political David, you...
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2016 5:58pm
by vernon louison
Happy Thanksgiving, if possible
Family gathering, love and breathless anticipation. Can we honestly say that for this Thanksgiving? Not with the Donald waiting to take charge. Regardless lets all try our best to squeeze out the little enjoyment that's left as we gather around the table this year....
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 25, 2016 7:09am
by Down Street
"Talkshop Selwyn" Can't Do Sums
Lord! Lord! Lord! I pray in your name that I do not lay my hands on this "Mother so and so" posing as a "messinger" because if I do, I will literally "separate him from his message", just the way he likes it, with my Bull Pistle. " Ah giving him chree! bull in e h...
Views: 460   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 20, 2016 10:52pm
by Talk shop Selwyn
m
Mya
Did the Director drop the ball
Did FBI Director Comey make a mistake by taking the unprecedented step of disclosing information to the public about an ongoing case or investigation? The Director Chose to release information about an ongoing investigation without having fully vetted the informa...
Views: 324   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2016 3:58pm
by cecil
Migration and its Legacies.
Mya, I am in total agreement with you concerning the importance of the topic. Unfortunately, it deteriorated far off into triviality because of my curiosity to know the man behind "Downstreet." Other than getting to know this brilliant blogger up-close and personal,...
Views: 392   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 20, 2016 3:47pm
by cecil
Street is back in Town.ah reach.
Well when I see how crazy Americans could get, I had to head for the hills. I figure jes in case dem Yankees want to settle some scores left over from 1983.Now most people figger dat is done with, but dat Donald Chump may jes be on he Twitter on October 25th when Peg...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2016 6:15pm
by Downstreet
The Enigma that is America
Maya I too would hate for us to get sidetracked regarding the Migration topic. It definitely deserves its own thread, but so does your "sidebar" topic. Perhaps then opening up a new thread "The Enigma that is America" would be fitting to allow us to express our feel...
Views: 383   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 12, 2016 12:15pm
by Tony De
Re : A legacy of migration.
Tony De, you have certainly captured the ethos of our migration experience, and its effects on the people and culture of our small Spice Island society.But what resonates with me, is the "flip side"of the mass movement of our people , to Metropolitan countries, seeki...
Views: 439   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 11, 2016 2:05pm
by Downstreet
lock her up
all of you that were writng all that garbage on the site the last few months, how you like them apples now?
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2016 5:03pm
by the hammer
A legacy of migration
As so many of those with whom we grew up are sadly passing away, it provides us their survivors the time and hopefully the perspective to reflect on the times in which they lived. Looking back over the years, we are able to see the transition from the village conc...
Views: 401   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 6, 2016 5:38am
by Tony De
Downstreetarians....The Question of Now! is How!?
To the good people of Down Street, The deaftening silence of your protagonistic emissary has verberated all the way North, across the Pont de  L'Anse and along Upper Depradine Boulevard, to the ears of this Monsieur, echoing your concerns with a pronouncement...
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 5, 2016 4:45pm
by Downstreet
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2016 6:58am
by kevkenrick
m
Mya
Timeless Existence
Sometimes I take to reflection. I am just sharing my thoughts a slight detour from the usual. Timeless Existence I walk the tightrope of life My mind drawn to the pass and future I am distracted as life, the moment, attempts to escape. The case is made...
Views: 312   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 30, 2016 6:56pm
by Vernon Louison
The passing of (Muzzie)
My condolences goes out to the Mathlin and De Coteau families Morrel,Alma,Maureen,Erica,Allison,Bob,Tony and the rest of the family. The family were like family to me. Knowing that she is in a better place now, may she rest in peace.
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2016 1:29pm
by Tony De
POLITICS
Where are all my political posters? Tony, Vernon and the rest of the team. I will like to read your opinions. Need to hear from some knowledgeable politicians.
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2016 1:51pm
by MELO
Rosalind "Muzzie" Mathlin died
It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of my sister, Mrs. Rosalind "Muzzie" Mathlin. Muzzie died Friday morning in Long Island.
Views: 499   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 25, 2016 11:42am
by Tony De
The Stone, The Beast, Your Money and Your Food
And I saw a stone that was not cut by the hands of man. And it hit the Beast at the feet where the iron and sand were mixed. And the Beast fell. And the wind carried the remnant of the Beast away. And the Beast was never seen again....
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2016 8:58pm
by Just A Note
Ordinary people
By sheer coincidence, my daughter and some of her girlfriends dropped in at the same time that her grandma was visiting us from Brooklyn. At the end of the evening, Mama curiously asked her grand-daughter whether she had any ordinary friends other than the doctors,...
Views: 435   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 10, 2016 9:41pm
by Tony De
SYMPATHY
Today I received very sad news about two of my dearest people in my life. Clara Small and Walston Romain AKA FIGS. Clara and I grew up together under the watchful eyes of Teacher Daisy (Cha). Whenever I go back home we used to reminisce about the crazy things we used...
Views: 463   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2016 3:31pm
by MELO
Rio de Guaverio and de Frenchman was there.
So I was watching the TV feed, just as Kirani was about to do his "Bolt light" thing, when GBN cut to Cuthbert Peters Park. Well who tell dem to do dat. It was carnival, bacchanal, euphoria, bedlam and exuberance all rolled into one, and, um, de race didn't even run...
Views: 416   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 27, 2016 10:58am
by Tony De
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Free Forum powered by Bravenet