This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
7-9-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, I just got the news, Kyle just grew out more bacteria. So, this will probably mean 7-10 more days of being in the hospital. The good news is, if it is an infection in his line and this line has to be removed, then we are entertaining the idea that another o...
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 12:44pm
by Katrina & Jerry
7/7-8/05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle had a small fever this morning, so we had to pack up like lightning and race to the nearest hospital for IV antibiotics and labs followed by a possible airlift up to UCSF. Shortly after he arrived, he had no fever and shortly after that he had a dose of anti...
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 12:25pm
by Katrina & Jerry
**PRAYER REQUEST FROM KYLE / 6-26-05 CAMPING UPDATE - Belated
I didn't have a chance to share with you about who we met on our last camping trip! Jerry came to me excited and said that he had just seen a little boy, that was bald like Kyle, walking around the camp. I asked him if he was sure he didn't just shave his head? H...
Views: 569   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 10:45am
by Katrina & Jerry
7-6-05 CAMPING UPDATE
We had so much fun! Kyle wasn't feeling up to par, he and I did a lot of reading by the river. It was a short trip, but SO relaxing! Kyle has now lost almost all of his eyebrows and eyelashes and has those dark hollow eyes. I find myself being sure to dress him i...
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 10:10am
by Katrina & Jerry
New Photos Update
There are new photos in the July 2005 Album. They are from 7-3-05, our first boat trip in a year! It was so nice to be back out on the ocean! I'll get the 4th of July pics up soon too. Off to go camping again for a few days!!!!
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 5:19pm
by Katrina & Jerry
KYLE UPDATE 7-4-05 - Happy 4th!
We had a BBQ at home with our friends Shannon, Audry, Savanah and our neighbors. There were lots of fireworks and sparklers!!! What a great time! More special than any other years. For a second time, we have learned not to take anything for granted! :) We hope you an...
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 10:45am
by Katrina & Jerry
7-1-05 KYLE UPDATE
Don't forget to read the 6-30-05 KYLE UPDATE - FAITH to find out the latest, but just a quick post to let you know that we're leaving the hospital now instead of tomorrow!!!! :) Kyle's levels cleared a day early and he's rarin' to go! I'll update his calendar as soon...
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 1:05pm
by Katrina & Jerry
6-30-05 Kyle Update - FAITH!
Ok, well it's long and complicated, but the simple answer is we're moving forward on faith... The Drs were split on whether Kyle should have a bone marrow transplant or not, because if he does not have one and was to relapses again, it would then put him into the...
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 10:54am
by Katrina & Jerry
Report about Kyle
Kendall and I were in to visit with Kyle last night. What a dreamboat that little guy is. He looks bright eyed, bald and amazingly happy. While Kendall and Kyle were busy playing their goofy games, and Kyle taking him on a walk (with his I.V. pole beeping!!), Kat...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 10:12am
by Kathi/Nana
6-28-05 KYLE UPDATE
Hi everyone, we stayed camping extra days!!! We had soooo much fun! I posted a few pictures too. Jerry and I will also be meeting with the Dr.s today or tomorrow to find out what they are recommending for Kyle. Gotta run, we're out the door to the hospital fo...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2005 10:13am
by Katrina & Jerry
marrow doner
hi everyone hope yor having fun camping, (checked the calender} by the redwoods no less, you know im jeolous! i wish we had redwoods here. anyway i just recieved my donor card today and wanted to let you all know enjot your trip, ttyl, greg
Views: 333   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2005 10:48am
by greg dearfield
No news?
Hi Everyone. I am going to assume that no news is good news. I miss you all, though. Much love, Eileen
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2005 6:00pm
by Aunt Eileen
Bone Marrow Drive
Hey Kyle, You have been such a brave boy. All of us here in Mishawaka, Indiana have been praying for you this whole time. Your dad Tony organized a bone marrow drive with some local organizations; it took place today here in town. The radio stations and even the...
Views: 304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2005 5:05pm
by Stephanie Luther
6-10-05 KYLE UPDATE - A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the evening of June 9th, I began to let my fears overcome me and I began to doubt our original choice of making Kyle endure these treatments instead of taking him home and making him comfortable until he went to be with Jesus. I felt really selfish. As we move...
Views: 474   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 15, 2005 7:07am
by Aunt Pat and Unc...
How Great is Our God!!
How GREAT Is our GOD!!!! How amazing that we can be at the edge of the cliff and he says, "Hey look up! I am right here!" Katrina you are so good and as Kyle says "So Beautiful!" and my precious little Kyle have I got kisses for you!! Hooray for miracles! Whether t...
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 2:18pm
by Kathi / Nana
Congratulations!
Hey trooper....it looks like you did it and kicked them flat on their behinds! Good for you! A good lesson you are teaching all of us, your own brave way: never give up, stand up and fight! We are so happy and so proud! Good job! Eric
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 1:49pm
by Eric, Judy, Luci...
Kyles Smile
I can't explain how happy we are for you Kyle. Your story and your smile are proof itself of God's love and power. You have a lot of people who care for you, and even though you are small, you have already taught a lot of people of God's love. We will continue to pra...
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 7:16am
by Melissa
Flying Nuns With Flying Prayers Praying For You Kyle
Dear Kyle's, do you know that you have literally, literally armies of Nuns praying for you around the world!!! yes I have been busy here Down Under sitting at my computer e-mailing these flying special Nuns for you with their special most wonderful flying...
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 5:42pm
by Michelle Jones
HURRAY FOR THE TROOPER!!!!
Hi Kyle! My name is Debbie and I work with your Dad, Tony in Mishawaka. Along with my two girls and son, since learning of your illness, have forever prayed for a miracle. I do believe in the power of prayers for I, when only five years old was diagnose with a hol...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 8:32am
by Debbie Rosetto
6-9-05 KYLE UPDATE
I just thought I would remind you that today is day 71! And how that's a far cry from the original expectations of Kyle possibly not surviving past day 15! We are so blessed to have each and every day. Kyle is taking this round of chemo like a champ and continues...
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 5:37pm
by Katrina
I miss you Kyle
Hi Kyle. I had such an awesome time with you last week. Seeing you laughing, playing, and climbing the rocks at the beach was worth my trip. I was able to personally see how strong and brave you really are and you are such a sweetie. I miss rubbing your soft head and...
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 12:35pm
by Aunt Holly
6-7-05 KYLE UPDATE
We just enjoyed 4 glorious days at home!!!! This was only our 2nd time home since February!!!! During that hiatus, we also enjoyed a visit from Mimi & Papa (Len & Gina Jackson), Aunt Holly, and Cousin Josiah…. All the way from Tennessee!!!!!!! What a blessing!...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 5:57pm
by Katrina
5-30-05 KYLE UPDATE :)
Well, I don't know much, but here's what I do know. Kyle's counts are on the rise! So much so that they have stopped his shots to boost his white counts and they have also stopped his antibiotics. He has started eating again, small portions, but eating more consisten...
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2005 5:14pm
by Katrina
Chandra has gone home to be with Jesus
Per Aunt Holly's email... "I want to thank each of you for all your prayers for Chandra Margo. She went home to be with the Lord around midnight last night. Her brain began to swell to the point of having no room left and they couldn't operate to relieve swelling...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2005 5:05pm
by Katrina
URGENT - Prayer Request for our friend - Chandra Margo-Broscious!!!!
This is a very dear friend of ours from way back, please join us in prayer for her immediately. Her baby lies awaiting her return. We believe in miracles! Here is the request per Aunt Holly... "Hi all you prayer warriors! As if we don't have enough going on, I nee...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2005 4:48pm
by Katrina
5-27-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, things are going wonderfully! We are getting the drives organized, Kyle's cultures continue to be negative and the Dr.s today said that Kyle is now out of the woods and some of the tests they were watching have even been lifted! They don't think he has that...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2005 4:46pm
by Katrina
Hi there, trooper!
Hi Kyle! It has been a while since the last posting, nose down,in blinders, living the rat race! I have seen that a lot happened in a couple of weeks and that you have still been able to fight back and get back up! Good for you! How was the gravy? Keep it up sold...
Last Post: May 27, 2005 11:28am
by Eric, Judy, Luci...
A Prayer for Our Loved Ones...
This is a beautiful prayer we recieved from A.J. Tarquino. I felt it appropriate to share and I've added Chandra. I know A.J. wont mind. Thank you A.J. Would all of you please join us in praying for our 3 loved ones.... "Father, I ask you to bless Leona and Kyle...
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2005 2:12pm
by Katrina
URGENT - Prayer Request for Kyle & Sean's Great Grandma Jackson
Sean & Kyle's Great Grandma Leona Jackson has an aneurysm in her abdominal aorta. Please pray with us that God would help her through this ordeal. We love her and miss her and Great Grandpa Preacher Jackson dearly and would like very much to get to make a trip to...
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2005 2:04pm
by Katrina
5-25-05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle continues to improve, I believe we've just experienced another miracle! After the ear nose and throat Drs viewed his cat scan, we were told that he most likely had a fungus growing in his sinus that is rare but common in neutropenic children....That it's agg...
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2005 9:46am
by Katrina & Jerry
Tough Day For Kyle!!
I am putting in the update instead of Katrina because it has been a very tough roller coaster day, And I am not referring to a fun roller coaster Kyle has had some incrediblbly challenging days with surgeries, infections and some pretty testy/tired professionals......
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 23, 2005 10:54pm
by Katrina
5-22-05 KYLE UPDATE 2
Well, Kyle's fevers have gone for a good portion of the day into this evening. As of tomorrow, Kyle will not have eaten for 6 days. I have requested nourishment which they agreed to start tomorrow through his central line. I have also requested permission to...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2005 8:51pm
by Katrina
5-22-05 KYLE UPDATE
Good Morning! Ok, well... the CT scan results came out clear for what we were concerned about, but we did discover a mass under his left eye. They are scheduling a biopsy to see if there is any infection there. (I think it's just an impacted sinus pocket - fingers...
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2005 9:52am
by Katrina
JERRY UPDATE
Jerry's MRI came back normal....Thank You Jesus!!!! He has been referred to a neurologist for further testing, but we've ruled out the horrible things!!! Please pray for him for us, I couldn't imagine this as hard as it is with an almost constant and painful heada...
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2005 2:27pm
by Katrina & Jerry
5-21-05 KYLE UPDATE
We made it through a restless and busy night, Kyle still has a fever and is now on 3 different antibiotics. This chemo also comes along with eye drops every 3 hours and lots of vital checks due to the fever etc and just made for a VERY long night. Kyle's Dr just c...
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2005 2:21pm
by Katrina & Jerry
5-20-05 KYLE UPDATE
Yesterday was a day of fasting and surgery did not begin until after 4 PM. It was a disaster due to a very apathetic Anesthesiologist. It's a very long story, but it's what happens when a health care professional forgets his core purpose. Let's just say it ended...
Last Post: May 21, 2005 2:05pm
by Katrina & Jerry
5-19-05 KYLE UPDATE
So much has happened I don't know where to start, so I figured it would just be easier to update per day so I don't forget anything. On this day, Jerry and I were pounding the pavement organizing a drive that may be too late due to the length of time it would take...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2005 1:46pm
by Katrina & Jerry
5-18-05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle made it through his short surgery fine. It's been a long day with no food or water so we're tired and hungry. I did see Kyle's Dr. today and I will update you with that information as soon as I catch my breath. kat
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2005 11:22am
by Eileen Beattie
5-17-05 KYLE UPDATE 3
Well, we made it across the street and hauled our stuff up the 3 flights of stairs, and were in the living room discussing what to do special for dinner...when we got a call from the hospital telling us we needed to return immediately. Kyle's cultures showed positive...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2005 10:25pm
by Katrina
5-17-05 KYLE UPDATE 2
We're outta here! We'll update you again when we check back in on Thursday (19th). Kyle's Dr.s (oncologist/bone marrow)are meeting on Weds to go over the plan for Kyle and his "No Match" situation. Thanks for the prayers, keep them up!
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2005 3:41pm
by Katrina
5-17-05 KYLE UPDATE
Ok, so the scoop is...if Kyle's infection cultures come back negative this morning then not only does he have a great chance of keeping his line, but we get to get out of here for 48 hours! He will still be hooked up the IV meds, but a trip to the beach for some R&R...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2005 9:50am
by Katrina
NEW PHOTOS
For those of you who haven't noticed yet, there are new photos loaded in the "My Pictures" album.
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2005 9:23am
by Katrina
5-16-05 KYLE UPDATE
The Dr.s Have not rounded yet, so I don't have any news yet....I will try to get back on later today with the update. I am thinking we will be asked to spend one more night and then be let go until Weds (with the IV Antibiotics onboard). We'll see... xxoo us
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2005 11:51am
by Katrina
TREATMENT INFO LINK
I know that some of you are interested to know exactly what Kyle has been doing in his treatment since his relapse and what is to happen next. He has now completed the majority of the chemo treatments and will go directly into "conditioning" for the transplant (as so...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2005 11:48am
by Katrina
hi
hi trina, jerry, sean and kyle i have to tell you all that i cant imagine being as strong and resilient as all of you are through all of this, you are all a spark of inspration to never give up. its been awhile since i've wrote, but have checked the site often....
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2005 2:28pm
by Katrina
5-15-05 KYLE UPDATE
Hello All! This is just a quick note I'm sending out from the UCSF Family Resource Room because I am having Internet difficulties the past couple of days. So, the only new news is that tomorrow we will find out if Kyle will need to have his central line removed...
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2005 2:22pm
by Katrina
5-12-05 KYLE FOLLOW UPDATE - PRAISES!
Praise The Lord!!!! Well, after many long hours of battling well into the night/morning, our brave little soldier has won! When all was said and done, he fought hard for 12 hours, spiking a fever topping out at 106.1 degrees and a heart rate of 204 bpm, before we...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2005 1:48am
by Katrina
5-11-05 KYLE UPDATE - PRAYERS!!!!
Just a quick note, after admission yesterday and administration of the first 2 doses of chemo, Kyle has developed a fever of 105 degrees. It's stubborn and holding since 2 PM today. He is currently in today's version of "packed in ice" and it's budging yet. It's been...
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2005 7:40pm
by Katrina
d
Dad
hey buddy!!
Hi Kyle!! This is Dad. I wanted to send you a note and tell you I love you and am glad you are able to spend time at the beach. I can't wait to see pictures!!I'm sure you are having a blast and i bet you are glad to be home with all of your pets!! I miss you bunches...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2005 2:35pm
by Dad
BONE MARROW UPDATE
Sadly and surprisingly, we have been informed that there are no bone marrow matches for Kyle. Since he will surely die without a transplant, we will be gearing up for drives and much more. Be expecting e-mail with follow up info on how you can help spread the wor...
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2005 7:45am
by Katrina
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9