Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Which Archimedes for games?
Ime considering buying an Archimedes on Ebay. Id like to play some of the 4th Dimension games such as E Type. which model do you reccommend? Ive seen a few A3020s for sale??? Can i link these to a PC monitor??
Views: 994   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2007 8:50am
by Douglas Belton
Paradroid 2000 help
First off, let me say thanks for the great site!!! Its been years since i'd even thought of my old A3000..... happy days. Anyways, I am playing paradroid 2000 and manage to kill off all the droids on the USN Vigilant, but cant find out waht to do next (i.e.: get t...
Views: 932   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2007 7:23am
by Dougie B
Suplus Books, Manuals and Software
The following are surplus to our Acorn Archimedes Collection Books and Manuals: RISC OS Programmers Reference Manual – 4 Volumes (Boxed Set) Archimedes Operating System – A Users Guide - Alex and Nic Van Someren (Dabs Press) Archimedes First S...
Views: 812   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2007 3:01pm
by archimedescollec...
j
John
Anyone know a link to a free Risco OS rom download?
Hi there, iv just got red squirrel however am struggling to find a os rom to beable to use it. Just wanted to know if anyone new any links where i could get on, thanks John
Views: 1574   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2007 3:28pm
by [xero]
Red Squirell 0.6
Every time I load Red Squirell 0.6 it asks me if i want it to be a Games Machine or a Regular Machine it says Red Squirell.exe has generated errors and will be closed immediately. I'm using RS 0.6 on a Windows 2000 and Windows XP Laptop. Help please?!
Views: 1125   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 7:33pm
by martin
Acorn User CD 10
Hello All, Does anybody own this disc?? Having scoured the web for all things 'acorn games related', I find lots of references to this CD, and it would appear to be the holy grail of ex-commercial freebie games.. ..games that Wocki would hopefully be able to s...
Views: 1045   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 11:15am
by elbeardo69
g
grover
Thundermonk
Hi All I was just wondering if anyone has a copy of Thundermonk, or knows where I can get one (legally), I had this game around 20 years ago now, but haven't seen it in about 15, and would like to play it again! Many thanks
Views: 912   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2007 12:18pm
by grover
j
jetboy
mouse info..
i recently acquired this gem of my youth, an acorn archimedes (a3000, i think.. it's not right in front of me), and i am in need of a mouse or at least some info on what the pin arrangement is so i can fix one up myself.. any help?
Views: 1199   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 6:20am
by Dean Fowler
Store
The store isn't working properly.
Views: 993   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 10:30pm
by Wocki
a
Andrew
Desperatly Seeking - Wimp Game
Hello Everyone, I am new to the emulation scene and have just got my Acorn Emulator up and running. It brings back so meny memories. I would be very grateful if someone could send me the image/adf file for 'The Wimp Game'. I used to love this game so much. I...
Views: 1055   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 2, 2006 9:47am
by Sion Cleaver
c
Chief
Laptop Keyboards & Acorn Emulators - a solution for keys not working.
Hi, Well I use a laptop and it's been bugging me for a while that I couldnt run any game that uses the ' key on the keyboard (which is quite a few since it was always used for UP in most acorn games). It just refused to work point blank, could hit it all day and...
Views: 942   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2006 1:22pm
by Chief
Acorn Trackers
Hiya Back in the day, on my A3010, I made loads of Trackers in APTracker. I never got to show these to anybody, except a couple of Acorn owning mates, but I have converted two or three into MP3's. I also wrote an ARM and BASIC MIDI sequencer in 1998, with a ve...
Views: 1115   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 16, 2006 1:45pm
by Jon
x
XSL
Gribbly on Archie
Can anyone please help me track down a disk image of Gribbly's Day Out for the Archie?
Views: 1153   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2006 6:03pm
by ADF
b
Bill
Where to buy VA5000
Virtual Acorn appear not to be selling copies of VA5000 anymore. Does anyone know where you can still get it? Cheers
Views: 1082   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2006 4:25pm
by Wocki
u
Urizen
Information on early BIA(?) Demo
Evening all, I was wondering if anyone here could assist me in locating/identifying an old demo, produced most likely, by Brothers In Arm. From memory, I believe it was entitled "Bounce", although rather confusingly, not the demo of the same name up for download h...
Views: 1049   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2006 10:50pm
by Urizen
r
Rich
Red Squirrel
Hi people, I'm having trouble unserstanding how to get red squirrel to work, I'm new to the Acorn emulator. I've downloaded some Risc OS 3.1 Roms from http://www.tagew.co.uk/riscos3.zip I put them in the Romsets/Riscos311 folder in red squirrel and it doesn't work it...
Views: 3773   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2006 4:29pm
by Blah
p
Pete
RISCOS 3.00
I have some BASIC programmes I wrote many years ago on my A5000 under RISC OS 3.00. They don't run very well (or at all, in some cases) on an emulator with RISC OS 3.11. Were there changes in the BASIC interpreter between 3.00 and 3.11, or do I need to do something...
Views: 965   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2006 9:54am
by Pete
f
Feanor
A3010 - Monitor problems
Hey Guys The Acorn community has a new member as of today I just got an A3010 fresh from X-nay. The unit is in good shape, everything seems to work ok, it boots to the desktop no problem. BUT!! The VGA signal is not working properly. both my TFT and CRT are n...
Views: 966   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 10:37pm
by Bernard
tagew.co.uk
Hey there Wocki, I didn't realise that my old website, tagew.co.uk, was archived in the Internet Wayback Machine - nice to see that it's still on the net in some form, although I'd rather forget about some of my dodgy HTML from the time! (mind you, I still have al...
Views: 927   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 13, 2006 10:43am
by Wocki
c
chief
Site email bounces.
Not really an Acorn related topic but more of a site problem. Everytime I try emailing from various accounts, to the E-Mail account listed on the E-Mail button the message is returned undelivered. So as I cant tell wocki through email that's why i've posted here :)
Views: 858   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 6, 2006 4:16pm
by chief
g
Greg
PRIME SOLVER!!!
Does anybody know of the game "prime solver" (or simalar) I think its one of the greatest games in the world. If anyone needs reminding its the one where the ball hits the plug which turns on the fan which then blows the feathers. If any one knows of a site where...
Views: 1068   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 10:47pm
by Ben
c
chief
arcimg runtime error 005 at 0000:0E74
okay now I know that NT,2k and XP don't support arcimg but I've been trying to get it to work. Now i've tried a windows 98 boot disk (as suggested on these forums) and a windows XP boot disk and i managed to get arcdisc to load, detect the 800k acorn disks I tried, b...
Views: 904   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2005 3:01pm
by chief
g
Gemma
Roms.... or rather lack of them!
I'm running arculator and have managed to get it working quite well. Anyone any idea how i can turn the original files i have (most are in folders called !nameofprogram) into adfs images that arculator will read?
Views: 1295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 20, 2005 8:17pm
by Wocki
Archimedes for sale
I have a A540 and two A310's. All are upgraded to RISCOS3.1 and ARM3. The A540 has 16MB RAM, ColourCard, Video capture card and Caligraphic direct printing with laser printer. The A310's have SCSI or IDE interfaces and 4MB RAM. These are complete working machines....
Views: 930   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2005 6:58pm
by John West
ADFS image creator (on a PeeCee)
After downloading and using the excellent BeebEm (Version 2.01), I found a DFS image creator called BBC Explorer. However, I would like to create ADFS disc images for the BBC Master side of the emulator in a similar way. Anyone know of any software that can do this?
Views: 1022   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 4:59pm
by Gerald Holdswort...
w
Wei
An iPaq StrongARM emulator named ARMware can run embedded linux, version 0.4
An iPaq StrongARM emulator named ARMware can run embedded linux, version 0.4 Wei =========================================================== Project homepage: http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~r88052/ARMware/en/index.php =============================================...
Views: 1007   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2005 5:55pm
by Wei
Zarch
Hi, which Archie models will play Zarch. I used to love this game and can't remember which model it was played on. Also does anyone know if the Archie version was better graphically than the Amiga version? I have a pc version but it is not as nice as I remember it on...
Views: 1173   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 15, 2005 1:25pm
by Henrik Erlandsso...
d
David
Writing ADF files on an original Archimedes
Hi All - I am looking for a riscos app that will write adf files on the original hardware - would beat having to boot into DOS, in modern days of XP and NTFS its a right pain. Any ideas? Google came up with nowt. Thanks David
Views: 888   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 3, 2005 2:48pm
by Alastair Montgom...
New Page
Found this new Emulator page. http://members.lycos.co.uk/diskimage/
Views: 786   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2005 3:16pm
by John Nayor
g
Gill
Newbie needs emulator help
I used to have a 3000 but It died and we got rid of it. However I am an Elite fan and desperatly want to play it again, the only problem is I only have a PC now, I've heard that you can get emulators but which one is best and do i have to down load anything else I d...
Views: 1168   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2005 2:50pm
by Stephan Kluth
A5000 problem......
hi I 'm french I bought an A5000 on ebay directly from uk. anyway I don't really know this computer,there is an hard disk into with risc os 3 on it. I took a svga monitor and all seem to work unless I start for example "swiv" a game my screen become black and I hav...
Views: 837   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2005 6:15pm
by frederic
c
cheese
Links to any manuals
Hi, I used to own a an A440 and I found one of my demo's on a pd site..I'd love to run it again..but I've forgotten everything I used to know about RISC OS!! Is there a link to any archimedes manuals out there? Many thanks!
Views: 826   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2004 6:22pm
by Henrik Erlandsso...
m
makke
slow down red squirrel?
Is there a way to slow down red squirrel 0.6? It runs way too fast on my 800mhz pc. Please help
Views: 782   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2004 3:23am
by Henrik Erlandsso...
Cant run demos red sq
The demo is in C:cheRedSquirrel ReleaseHostfsDisk310!prophecy I tried double clicking !prophecy but the demo won't run what do i need to do? mark
Views: 799   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2004 11:52am
by Wocki
A3010 RAM fetch speed up
Hi, I'm sure, there is a possibility to speed up the RAM request of the ARM250 by connecting a 16MHz Quartz - the original RAM request has a clock of 12MHz. Do anyone knows where the 16MHz-clock has connected to? Matthias
Views: 791   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2004 10:08am
by Matthias
j
Jim
Acorn A420/1, need help on transfering of files please
hey thanks if you took the time to read this, i have an acorn 420 and a general desktop 700mhz and wish to transfer files from my desktop to my acorn, i know pc cards are available but i have been researching on google and have read about Arc IMG (I think) have tr...
Views: 781   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2004 7:54am
by Wocki
a
Alex
Can't read disc images on RedSquirrel 0.6?
I've got a bunch of .adf files but they all seem to crash RedSquirrel 0.6. If I click on the RISC OS floppy icon, the whole emulation hangs up. This happens both after instructing RedSquirrel which disc image I want to use, and also if I don't specify a disc image...
Views: 806   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2004 11:55am
by Alex
k
kris
for sale : Acorn Archimedes A410/1
Acorn Archimedes A410/1 with RiscOS 3. RAM-memory : 2048 Kbyte. Hard disk : 40 Mbytes. Monitor : Princeton (Graphic Systems) Ultrasync - 12 inch. See pictures on www.yezzz.be (click on 'uitgebreid zoeken' (advanced search) - give OID in : 2474262 - click on 'zoek...
Views: 964   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2004 10:06pm
by kris
Keep it up!
Hi, Just stumbled on your site. Good to see it - keep it up. It's really sad that the good old days of the Acorn & other formats are dead and we are a slave to the useless Windows botch. Oh, I miss my old A3010. My first Acorn - I sold it and bought an A50...
Views: 773   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2003 10:53am
by Jon Black
.adfs files
Help! I've downloaded files from a P.C and transferred them to an A5000. I've dragged them onto !sparkplug and saved the resulting .adfs files. Now, how do I run, open or do anything with these large .adf things? - (!ArcFS only works on some and SparkFS won't open t...
Views: 1455   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 24, 2003 6:38pm
by Wocki
j
JJ
Arcdisk failure
Hey guys, i've also got a bit of a bumpy Arcdisk. Been reading the previous posts and my problem is different again it seems. - Checked the disk is set to 800 KB (DD), found location of arcimg and Read is checked. -I do have windows 98. -set up to save in my...
Views: 774   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2003 9:29am
by JJ
ArcDisc problems
I'm having problems with ArcDisc I got a version that was included with VirtualAcorn but it just won't work at all: if I click on ArcDisc I get an error message that says: "Ungultiger Dateiname" and although the ArcDisc acorn image appears the "Go" button is greye...
Views: 1055   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2003 7:00am
by Blackjack
m
Mark
ArcDisc problem
Hi! I have been trying to make an actual disk from my adf image. Every time I do this ArcDisc keeps telling me that the disk is not an archimedes one . Please help Mark
Views: 828   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2002 10:47am
by Mark
Red Squirrel 0.6 Problems?
I've never had problems setting up previous versions of Red Squirrel.....But! This new version just will not start (Except in 3.7 mode), using windows XP any ideas. I will still use version 0.5 until sorted. Thanks for any help in advance.
Views: 811   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2002 12:52pm
by Zachary Holton
Re: Re: Re: blast from the past
On the ZipDiscs I can use ADFS or DOSS for the A3010. On the PC and AV5000, I can only use DOSS. If I wont to move a single file from A3010 to PC and AV5000. I just copy it to disc then take it off on to the PC. Directories can be done as well, but make sure y...
Views: 667   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2002 4:10am
by jukebox
w
Wocki
Re: Re: blast from the past
Thanx for your comment! Do you use any special tools to import files via zip-drive to your PC (to keep the types)? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:hurray for the acorn.revivalteam. I came across this site over the weekend and it revived my inte...
Views: 673   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2002 11:22pm
by Wocki
Re: blast from the past
hurray for the acorn.revivalteam. I came across this site over the weekend and it revived my interest. To tell the truth I was getting a bit fed up with iconbar and all its latest machines. You see I still have an A3010 next to me and it's all ready to lay dormant....
Views: 520   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2002 11:31am
by jukebox
Re: A3010 on ebay
Subaru Impreza come with lots of software do they - nice floppy steering wheel? TP --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Just in case abyvody's interested: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763597856&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1...
Views: 761   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2002 5:47am
by Anonymous
w
Wocki
Re: blast from the past
You're right, the computer and the system is one of the best ever. That's why I made this site To your questions: 1. you can upgrade up to 4 MB, but you need special ram modules 2. I think for the A3020 it is not possible to upgrade, only newer ones (but I'm not...
Views: 640   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2002 11:42pm
by Wocki
m
Matt
blast from the past
After pottering about in the attic I came across my old Acorn A3010 and software collection. Intrigued by this I decided set it up. Not sure what would happen after 9 years in storage, flicked the switch the, power light came on and hey it worked. After playing r...
Views: 1979   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2002 1:59pm
by Matt
1 2 3 4 5
Free Forum powered by Bravenet