Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
A Person who Feels Appreciated will Always Do More Than What's Expected.
How do you build stronger work relationships? Every relationships is different, and there is no one-size-fits all in a hand book. They feel authority these workers and will talk behind your back to make people dislike you. They can not be your friend nor enemy and it...
Views: 209   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2019 9:27am
by Mary
Personnel Report
The school personnel report for October lists five who are already leaving the district after one month of school.
Views: 800   Replies: 24
Last Post: Dec 4, 2019 6:47am
by Huh
My Perspective on the Health of Melrose Schools:
When my oldest son was young, his Melrose elementary school...Is this the thriving of which you speak, Ms. DeLillo?...I'm at the tail end of my life as a parent of a Melrose Public School student.
Views: 441   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 3, 2019 7:39pm
by nice try
Melrose SC Silly Spectacle
The Felon, amazingly chair of the MSC, starts tonight's meeting, "Welcome one and all..." as if he's the frickin' Father Christmas, for gawd's sake. Then, when Paymore announces her impending June retirement, he signs off on her statement with "Thank you for your ser...
Views: 594   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 30, 2019 10:17pm
by Life
Beebe
So no Beebe for 2020?
Views: 177   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 30, 2019 9:34am
by That's OK
Melrose schools struggle to hire and retain teachers. The teacher shortage makes it more diffic
The teacher shortage makes it more difficult to build a solid...a school's share of inexperienced teachers who are not fully certified or...
Views: 383   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2019 4:45pm
by No Staff
Which mayoral candidate will do better on the School Committee?
Don't forget that the mayor of Melrose has a seat on the school committee. My opinion is that Monica Mediros will add more value than Paul Broduer. We need someone who will push back at Cyndi Taymore. The current committee members act like they work for her when in...
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2019 4:23pm
by Female
Racist administration continues to plague and harass
This post was buried in another string and needs to be viewed. The United States Office of Civil Rights came down hard on the Melrose Public Schools and its administration (superintendent, assistant superintendent, principals, teachers, School Committee) for creating...
Views: 496   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 13, 2019 9:28am
by parent
Who are you voting for on September 17th? My one vote is going to ???????
Who are you voting for on September 17th? My one vote is going to???????
Views: 383   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 16, 2019 6:57pm
by Geezer
Who we voting for Tuesday and why?Mayor primary
Who we voting for Tuesday and why?Mayor primary on September 17 2019.
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2019 11:28pm
by Mayor primary
Revolving Principal Door
Word on the street is that CT has sent the MVMMS principal packing. That makes how many new principals for this coming year? Add that to how many teachers? And Mr. Richards from METCO, whose position was "eliminated" (only for another one to be opened). And wasn't...
Views: 1507   Replies: 41
Last Post: Sep 5, 2019 10:10pm
by Miracle
Melrose parents may be asked to buy new laptops .THE NEXT SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING!
Incoming sixth- and ninth-graders may have to provide Chromebooks starting next year, although financial assistance is available for some. Parents of sixth- and ninth-grade students may be asked to buy Chromebooks for their children at the start of next school yea...
Views: 1735   Replies: 52
Last Post: Sep 4, 2019 10:03pm
by Lmao
JSB
Paraprofessional-Student Relationship
Bulling can exist anywhere whenever there is an imbalance of power, there is potential for abuse. Most Para's I've met have patience of a saint but after reading my para was supposed to Help me, instead, she Bullied me I went looking for some first-hand feed back. It...
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 13, 2019 7:06pm
by Oldie
Melrose Was Negligent, Irresponsible after Sewage Disaster
Melrose irresponsible after sewage disaster residents say melrose was negligent in clearing homes: Melrose, MA- Melrose has either stopped or will soon stop paying for hotels for those affected, despite gross and dangerous conditions in their homes. Melrose, Ma- It's...
Views: 459   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 12, 2019 7:33pm
by Oldie
In Light of the recent tragedies in Ohio and Texas
I would like to remember the time Melrose Middle gave a shout out to sandy hook mid Christmas concert. Very classy move by the band that year. https://youtu.be/fbX7pwUIUG8?t=3859 Enjoy, and pray for Gilroy.
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2019 11:40pm
by When I Say Sandy
Beware of the 60 ish Year Old Man, Medium Height, Who is seen moving Shaws grocery trolley
Hey guys, there is this old thin man in his 60's who probably lives on West Wyoming Avenue but is seen walking on Willow St, Corey St and W.Forester street pushing Shaw carts. He is a violent alcoholic. If you see him walk away. This man will scream at you, chase &...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2019 10:57pm
by Safe Streets
K paras
I hope that there will be consistency this year with paraprofessionals in the Kindergarten classes. There certainly wasn’t last year I have heard that some schools will only have part time paras in K. Why do some schools have full time paras in each K class and...
Views: 338   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 27, 2019 1:49pm
by Melissa
Contract
How do I obtain Taymores contract? Public records? Please let me know and thanks!
Views: 513   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 23, 2019 7:43pm
by The Big Show
Finance Director
Is Maryanne Farrell leaving? There is a job opening for Finance Director and Administrative Affairs
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 22, 2019 8:15pm
by POLITICS
Girls Hockey Team is not wanting to merge with Stoneham.
I like playing with Melrose girls only and not adding another city.
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2019 10:18am
by Girls and not Bo...
Override Money Will Go To Brazil St./Settle out of court.
The money is already spent on the out come on Brazil St.
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2019 7:14pm
by The Big Show
Time-line Disaster/Last Nights News
Melrose City officials, Administration called to answer to board. Mayor's administration expected to answer to board. An upcoming board of alderman meeting may see city officials explain a sewage blowout that filled Brazil St. homes with excrement.
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2019 11:28am
by DPW
Rules, Etiquette
Proper usage of the English language would be an excellent baseline expectation. Unfortunately it is not realistic, especially in social media posting and in an age where even education officials often demonstrate poor command of grammar and acceptable punctuation. K...
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2019 1:10pm
by Melrose Cares Ad...
Over and Done
Two things I wish were over and Done. 1. The One Melrose Schools Only Campaign is divisive and makes people question the political judgement of those involved. NO on the Override. 2. Trump’s Presidency has damaged every aspect of our government and also has...
Views: 3646   Replies: 83
Last Post: Jul 11, 2019 8:49pm
by Committed
The Boston Foundations Greater Boston Housing Report
Melrose, Massachusetts: Melrose ranks above the Eastern Mass average in housing affordability's and below the standard production and diverse racial composition, according to The Boston Foundations Greater Boston Housing report card released on Wed. The report graded...
Views: 282   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 11, 2019 8:13am
by sorry I moved to...
To the AMAZING Police Officers.
To the amazing police officers that were asked to leave@ Starbucks because they made some ungrateful snowflakes feel "unsafe" The only ppl that are uncomfortable around police officers are usually criminals! Just say in!
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2019 12:27pm
by Did Not Take Lon...
Pay increase
I hope our paraprofessionals will receive a raise and better contract too ! They work very hard and deserve recognition. Also I heard there will be no increase in sub pay. $60 is quite low
Views: 719   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 6, 2019 1:07pm
by Leanne
Where is One Melrose Now?
The One Melrose rants and raves about facts and blah blah blah.. MTPA all liars right and now look.. incomplete data.. didn’t you say Mónica was wrong trying to ask for more time. You spent over 25k and hired some political campaign team to help, you never...
Views: 706   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 4, 2019 11:41pm
by Erice
Taymore Eliminates Key METCO Position
Word on the street is that the superintendent has just eliminated the position of the key METCO person, Lawrence Richards, who has been the dedicated person doing all the work of looking after the whole gamut of METCO students, especially in the absence of its former...
Views: 624   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 23, 2019 10:12am
by agree
Elementary schools
I a city of approx. 26,000. Why do we have neighborhood elementary schools. I mean, we pack all middle schooled into one building, as well as high schoolers. We maintain at least 4 other aging buildings for elementary education. Why not build a central elementary sch...
Views: 697   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 11, 2019 8:21pm
by white trash
mhs
Melrose College Acceptances
Melrose College Acceptances May 15, 2019 Mayor Infurna Great news from Melrose High School! Once more, our graduating seniors have been accepted to a wide range of colleges and universities all over the country. Here’s a list of this year’s college ac...
Views: 1141   Replies: 34
Last Post: Jun 8, 2019 3:37pm
by Education
School Committee
Taymore says she is “giddy” to spend money? Are you serious? That is hard earned money from the people of Melrose. I am asking you all in the community to do something. We need to hold the board and committee accountable. Email the board, email Taymore a...
Views: 637   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 30, 2019 4:13pm
by You're Right
Fake Profile One Melrose
So there is a fake profile being used by the Yes campaigners I believe the woman was from Idaho and if I heard clearly bodily harm was threatened? Are you serious! Dear people of Melrose please do not be intimidated into a vote.. the polls are secret and protected...
Views: 716   Replies: 16
Last Post: May 29, 2019 8:57pm
by Old School
Embezzler
Why is no one questioning why we are trusting an embezzler to tell us that the budget is as transparent as it needs to be?
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 15, 2019 9:13pm
by Change
5,18 million reason why
It was demanded by a yes =voter that any no voter better have and better have a very good reason why there was a no vote. I call on you.. You tell me why 5.18 million. I call on you to tell me why I should be thrown from town buy this large sum.. I call on you to...
Views: 2354   Replies: 52
Last Post: May 12, 2019 6:57pm
by Balance
Liz School Commitee
I was happy to see someone bring accountability to the table but now I hear it’s all for political gain.. is Liz running for alderman at large where Menisha was?
Views: 1172   Replies: 27
Last Post: May 12, 2019 6:36pm
by Truth and Transp...
The chickens come home to roost
There seems to be an issue with e camp being discontinued. Parents not told, superintendent saying there is no decision yet but principals saying there won't be a camp again. All around secrecy and no transparency. Passing the buck. No straight answers. Some peopl...
Views: 416   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2019 3:45pm
by Not a happy camp...
Super tries to get incomplete Budget 2020 approved
As predicted, money and override solved nothing. The Superintendent is up to her old tricks. Now they have the money, they will use it for whatever without any oversight. Here is an overview by Liz DeSelm: I need your help. The School Committee is set to vote...
Views: 938   Replies: 24
Last Post: Apr 28, 2019 9:56pm
by Oldie
Ryan Medina
You are a coward. Enough picking on elderly people and casting threats. HATE AS NO HOME HERE.. so pack your stuff and go find a nice place with other egotistical cowards and narcissist live.. if you need help packing I’m sure plenty of people will help!
Views: 740   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 22, 2019 7:24pm
by Move
Teachers contract 2020-2022
Everyone interested in where the override revenue is going....Pay attention to the collective bargaining agreement for 2020..... The current agreement ends August 2019. Will the teachers get a raise? How much will all of the administrators get for a raise? Remember.....
Views: 751   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 19, 2019 3:40pm
by No ∆
Driscoll, Taymore Hypocrites
Driscoll and Taymore are hypocrites. They both want the world to believe they have an open mind. The opposite is true. Here is what they said this week. Driscoll, "A constructive dialogue is needed..." Taymore, "There is always room for dialogue and debate in g...
Views: 565   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 19, 2019 3:33pm
by Pay more Retirem...
water and sewer rates increases
It’s interesting the water and sewer rates increases will be recommended on April 30, 2019. Four weeks after the special election. Apparently the city doesn’t want residents to be thinking about the increase water& sewer rates.
Views: 855   Replies: 18
Last Post: Apr 19, 2019 11:20am
by Why Not Both?
Elections and contract
Anyone know when this Superintendent's contract expires and which school committee member's terms are up for re-election this November?
Views: 434   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 18, 2019 12:11pm
by AG
Beebe
Did the Seem Collaborative get notice that lease will not be renewed because city taking in back ? What will be moved into the building?
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 18, 2019 10:40am
by Oldie
Yes vote
One Melrose please please stay observant with the city and how the override funds are dispersed! Make sure you get what was promised to you ok! I have been here for a long time and sometimes things do not go as planned. Go through the final budget and look for change...
Views: 567   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 5, 2019 11:36am
by Citizen 5,059
Using kids for political gain.
You cast stones look at yourselves.. you signs are on public walkways and should not be, it’s against the law. People took pictures. Your puppet of a mayor is running around to all the senior housing telling them all scary stuff. You use 5 year olds to get a vo...
Views: 400   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 2, 2019 7:24pm
by TRUMP TRAIN
School Committee Meetings
At one time the School Committee encouraged public participation at its' meetings. The members would engage in a discussion with the citizens who came to speak before them. The last few times I had the desire to watch a meeting, I noticed how our elected officials an...
Views: 207   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2019 7:09pm
by Afraid
Send this Override Overboard!
There is power in numbers. A group of citizens agreeing to run as a slate for both boards, giving each other the strength and wisdom base (since there is a steep learning curve), would begin to fix things. Melrose does not need more of the current batch of clones....
Views: 1664   Replies: 43
Last Post: Apr 2, 2019 9:37am
by Dangerous Bluff ...
Time to vote
Just vote tomorrow so glad this override is over.. melrose is broken because of it.. cast you ballots and end the garbage.. this is the true colors of Melrose? Hence why we have voting!!!
Views: 117   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 1, 2019 10:20pm
by ENOUGH
Time to decide
Left Twix or right Twix... I just can't decide....
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2019 10:14pm
by Almost
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10