This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
12-09-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, we're still here. What a long one, we're ready to be home now. Kyle may clear chemo levels today or tomorrow and we will get to come home! Then we have to come back on Tuesday *sigh* But boy is my bed calling me!!!! Many people are asking what the boys want...
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 12:22pm
by Jerr Kat
In Preparation of the Wetle Twins!
We thought you might like to know that we have created a Baby Registry in preparation of the arrival of our baby boys! You can view our registry at any Babies"R"Us, Toys"R"Us, or Geoffrey retail stores. Or, see it online by cutting and pasting the link belo...
Views: 438   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 6:56pm
by Jerr Kat
11-05-05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle came through surgery just fine, he's back in his room and very sore, but doing well. They were able to squeeze him into their schedule today as a standby and his port was placed. No more I.V.s!!! Yippeeee!!! We're tired and there's still much to do before che...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 6:11pm
by Katrina
Kyle Jackson
Hi Kyle, We know your great grandfather, Bro. Jackson. I have been receiving e-mails from Bro. Jackson through your mother on your progress. We are praying for you. We are sorry your trip was postponed. It'll be fun when you can go with your family and swim in the...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 5:29am
by Diane Miller
12-04-05 KYLE UPDATE
12-04-05 KYLE UPDATE Well, we're still in the hospital. Doing just fine, health wise. But, Kyle's veins finally gave out for any more labs or IV's. After many agonizing attempts; I put my foot down and said no more. There were more options, (mild sedation, pa...
Views: 458   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 4, 2005 2:10pm
by Katrina & Jerry
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Kyle repeats re-induction on September 20th. He will be back in the hospital for 6-8 weeks for extreme chemo. Pray! Pray! Pray!
Views: 592   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 5:09pm
by brittany pratt
12-01-05 KYLE UPDATE - NO CRUISE
Well, that pretty much sums it up. Due to complications from Kyle's compromised immune system, they have cancelled our cruise. We found out about 11PM last night. Now, we are going to reschedule of course, but by the time Kyle is ok to go again, I will not be all...
Views: 439   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 4:54pm
by Katrina
12-01-05 TWIN UPDATE
Well, all is well. We got the results from our amnio today and both twins are normal and healthy on all fronts! And yes, confimed boys! We also had a level II ultrasound yesterday and Baby B's vessel issue doesn't seem to be effecting him whatsoever!! Yippee! Her...
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 4:36pm
by Katrina
11-29-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, it's been a roller coaster of fevers, but Kyle is now out of the woods. We found out that he was carrying a deadly strain of bacteria!!!! It was a close call, but prayers and our gracious God prevail again! As my mom said, "It's just not his time yet!" I couldn...
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 7:42pm
by Katrina
11-26-05 KYLE UPDATE - Another Scare
Kyle's counts bottomed out and he got a fever, so he was life-flighted to UCSF. He has had a blood transfusion, antibiotics, and his fever has broken. His counts are creeping upwards too. Still could use lots of prayers though. I'll try to update you more in the next...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 5:12pm
by Kat & Jerr
11-21-05 TWIN UPDATE
Well, it's official.... We're Having Boys!!! We just found out today through ultrasound....Sean, Kyle, and Jerry are soooooooooo excited and Mom and I will have to exchange the girl items we've already purchased!! We're having a 3D/4D ultrasound the day after...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 7:07pm
by Katrina
11-20-05 UPDATE
Well, we're home and made it to church! PTL! Kyle is doing fabulous and we all miss Jerry! He'll be home from fishing in time for the Thanksgiving holiday!!!! All is well and we are blessed! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and peti...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 1:20pm
by Katrina & Jerry
11-18-05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle's fever broke and we are now discharged and across the street at the family house! Thank you for your prayers!!! He's bounced back to almost normal and finally eating again!!! Praise the Lord we've come through another one! Please continue to pray for Ky...
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 1:12pm
by Katrina & Jerry
11-17-05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle developed a fever through the night. He is not feeling well and we are watching him closely. We may not be going home as soon as we thought. I'll keep you posted on his condition as the day progresses. We are also being told that there is a small chance Kyle...
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2005 9:55am
by Katrina & Jerry
11-16-05 UPDATE
It's been a rough go for Kyle so far, he's been listless and sick. The opposite of his hyper happy self. This chemo is a big one and it's taking its toll. He'll be through it in a day or two though and back to his old self, before we know it! Prayers, Katri...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2005 7:17pm
by Katrina & Jerry
11-14-05 UPDATE
All is well, Kyle is being admitted tomorrow for high dose Ara-C and those icky shots in his thigh muscles He will also be getting the temporary pic line in his arm or maybe just an IV, we'll see. Either way this week is going to be tough on him all the way aro...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 14, 2005 11:38am
by Katrina & Jerry
11-08-05 SURGERY UPDATE
So, After a late start, Kyle breezed through surgery. He's doing fine. He has an IV in his arm for the antibiotics and it looks like we may be outta here as early as tomorrow! His line site is still bleeding, but they said that's normal because he had the lin...
Views: 436   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 8, 2005 7:13pm
by Katrina Wetle
11-08-05 SEAN UPDATE
Due to the emergency admit, Sean is with us this trip. He was asked by the hospital today to conduct an television interview with Barry Sims of the Oakland Raiders! He's nervous and excited and is spending the day doing research on Barry to come up with some i...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2005 10:07am
by Katrina Wetle
11-08-05 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is going in for surgery this morning for line removal. He will also have a spinal tap and a bone marrow biopsy while under. He's a trooper! I'll keep you posted. kat
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 8, 2005 9:51am
by Katrina Wetle
Prayers
Just wanted to let you and your family know, that I am keeping Kyle in your prayers. I have personal experience with his disease and I know how important prayers and family/friends can be. Good luck to you Kyle!!! We all love you and are pulling for you everyday!
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2005 8:47am
by Christopher
11-04-05 KYLE UPDATE
Hello, Kyle's line has shown more signs of infection, so it is being scheduled for removal Mon or Tues. We will continue to remain in the hospital until approx 9th or 10th. In it's place for 2 weeks will be a picc line. This was the first line Kyle received th...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 7, 2005 12:17pm
by Aunt Eileen
Kyle and Sean
At the hospital today, we measured Sean and Kyle's height. Kyle age 7 is now 4'3 1/2" and Sean age 14 is 5'9 1/2"!!!!! And still growing! These boys are going to be giants!!! All is well here, just waiting for surgery on Mon or Tues....bored I'll keep you poste...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2005 3:52pm
by Katrina Wetle
11-1-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, time to restart the prayer chain for Kyle. He just got out of the hospital today (24 hr observation) and no sooner did we get home did the hospital call to tell us that his cultures grew bacteria. It's a gram positive bacteria which I reminded them was the...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 2, 2005 7:49pm
by Katrina & Jerry
10-27-05 TWIN UPDATE!
So, we had a 2 hour ultrasound yesterday, it was a screening. They were looking for problems...not only did they not find any, they found that that the babies are not sharing a sac after all!!! They found that there is in deed a membrane seperating them!!!! YIPPP...
Views: 364   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2005 1:48pm
by Katrina & Jerry
10-23-05 KYLE UPDATE
Hi! First of all, sorry, sorry, sorry, for taking sooooo long to update you all!!!! We are doing well, Kyle is progressing beautifully. There have been a few hiccups, but nothing major. Sean has brought us his first High School report card sporting all A's and...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2005 7:55pm
by Katrina & Jerry
9-28-05 KYLE UPDATE LOTS OF CATCH UP!
So sorry for the lapse in update! All is well, Kyle's admit went well and we were back up for 3 more chemo’s yesterday. He's feeling pretty sick this morning, but it will pass. He's doing great considering!! His Dr's are actually beginning to show signs of ho...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 8:55am
by Katrina & Jerry
9-15-05 KYLE UPDATE
Ok, Kyle's counts have cleared for admit tomorrow. We will be in the hospital until Mon/Tues. Don't forget you can send Kyle an online hello that will be hand delivered to his room!!! https://www.ucsfhealth.org/childrens/contact/patient.html Jerry and I got in...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 11:57pm
by Katrina & Jerry
9-12-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle's counts are not high enough to tollerate his scheduled admission tomorrow for High Dose Methotrexate, SO We will try again on Thursday for a Friday admit. This means yet another reschedule of our first twin Dr appt. ahhh well I've done a limited update of...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 11:47pm
by Katrina & Jerry
UPDATE: Blessings from Heaven...
In the midst of it all, God has decided to bless our family with a baby! Jerry and I are expecting!!!!! WOWWWWWW! After the initial shock wore off, we all discovered that we are all sooooo excited!!!!!!! The boys are beside themselves and are doting on me like I'm th...
Views: 521   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2005 5:21pm
by Katrina & Jerry
9-6-05 KYLE UPDATE & More
WOW, a lot packed into the last week! It feels like it's been a lifetime since we last checked in! We missed you! Let's see, where do I start? Sean's Birthday was wonderful, he had a great time with his new friends from school. Sean had his first school dance o...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2005 3:50pm
by Katrina & Jerry
8-27-05 KYLE UPDATE
So, Kyle made it through his latest high dose chemo. We are home and doing great. We have to go back to the hospital Mon & Tues for more chemo. We spoke to Kyle's Dr and she has agreed to go with the lower doses of chemo for Kyle's re-induction. Still dangerous, b...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2005 2:09pm
by Katrina & Jerry
8-24-05 KYLE UPDATE
We're in the hospital getting chemo. All is going well so far. *bored* We haven't seen his Dr. yet, I'll let you know how that goes. That's that, not a whole lot to report. Love to you all! us
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2005 3:07pm
by Katrina
8-18-05 KYLE UPDATE PTL!
UCSF just called with the results of Kyle's bone marrow aspirate...he continues to be free of cancer!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!! We of course will be continuing treatment since this cancer has proven to be good at hiding out and hibernating. We are being admitted o...
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2005 6:40am
by greg dearfield
How do I know which way to go?
How do I know which way to go? Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5 NLT Pay attention...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 10:38pm
by Katrina
PRAYER and PRAISES
So it seems that Satan has dug in his heels and is getting determined! Please pray for my Mom, she was hit by a drunk driver tonight. She seems to be ok so far, she's still in shock. Her car was completely totaled. He was driving a large truck and hit her just be...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 1:07am
by Katrina
8-11-05 KYLE UPDATE - BIG NEWS!
Kyle is doing wonderfully and Sean is loving his new school! Kyle is starting home schooling with the Accelerated Christian Education Curriculum (A.C.E.). He is excited and we are so blessed to be able to be his teachers. Kyle's hair is returning! Peach Fuzz Central!...
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 8:51am
by Katrina & Jerry
Update on the family
Katrina called today, I am sure that she will be posting soon. The other day they happily were released from the hospital and went home, Kyle being all boy and as happy as a little 7 year old could be with FREEDOM took his bike out. He ended up planted on a parked tr...
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2005 3:10pm
by Kathi/NaNa
AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL
Judge Roy Moore's Poem... The following is a poem written by Judge Roy Moore from Alabama. Judge Moore was recently sued by the ACLU for displaying the Ten Commandments in his courtroom foyer. He has been stripped of his judgeship and now they are trying to st...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 2:25pm
by Katrina
8-3-05 UPDATE
Hi all! Long time, eh? :) Everything is fine, we were up in HOT Oroville/Berry Creek, close to Kyle, while he attended camp. Now we're back in the hospital for the week. Kyle is receiving High Dose Methotrexate chemotherapy. Sean starts high school on the 8th. We...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2005 9:20am
by Katrina & Jerry
SEAN
So, I wonder if all of you know just how REALLY special our Sean is? There’s a lot of talk and worry over Kyle and Sean is left to live in his shadow without complaint. We could not fight this battle without Sean too. He is a very intricate part of this del...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2005 1:50am
by Katrina
A Mother's URGENT Plea...
Some of you may remember Cole, we met him while camping in Big Sur a few weeks back. My heart goes out to Linda and his family. I ask you join us in prayer for this family. Please forward this message to all for prayer. Here is the message I received from Cole's mom...
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 26, 2005 10:04pm
by Linda
7-26-05 FAMILY UPDATE
Kyle is at camp and we're at the bottom of the mountain on stand-by. He was so excited and one of his nurses from the hospital was set up to be his nurse for the week. We are going fishing here in the Feather River while we wait (tough luck *wink*) Thank you s...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2005 1:51pm
by Katrina, Jerry, ...
We are back!
Hi there trooper. We are finally back from Europe where we have spent our vacations, at home in Corsica, where Napoleon was born. It was great! It is home and I needed to see my folks...My dad decided that it was a good time to scare us while we were there and we g...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2005 3:42pm
by Eric, Judy, Luci...
FAMILY UPDATE - Prayer Needed
Well, I found out from an email, that I have exhausted all pay from my company and with no notice I have no more income effective immediately. They have been wonderful thus far, letting me work from the hospital, but no notice is tough. I will have to go 7 days w...
Views: 453   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2005 10:22am
by Katrina
7-17-05 KYLE & SEAN UPDATE
Yippeee! We got to pick Sean up from the camp bus stop! Something we would not have been able to do had Kyle not been released yesterday! It's so nice to have him home again. He had such a wonderful time at Camp Okizu! He wants to go back with Kyle and work i...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 18, 2005 5:50pm
by carly "blondie" ...
7-18-05 UPDATE
Kyle's counts are great! He's back on for his chemo treatments tomorrow and camp next week! Praise God! Guess what else? A staff member from the family house just walked up gave us tickets to the Giants vs. the Braves game tonight! WOW! Boy does God provide! A...
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2005 4:40pm
by Katrina
7-15-05 KYLE UPDATE
We're free! Kyle was just released from the hospital! Hooked up to a mini IV pump inside a fanny pack pumping antibiotics into his central line, but we're free!!!!!! We'll be at the family house until his counts recover enough to go home. He will receive the dela...
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2005 6:44pm
by Katrina
Untitled...
...Let's get x-rays, An MRI, a bone scan Doesn't look like cancer But we'll check his blood LEUKEMIA A voice on the phone says Stretched, fast/slow, high/deep, it's an evil voice I can't find the voice in my head I'm screaming to my f...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2005 4:44pm
by Katrina
7-11-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, the verdict is in. Kyle's infection is in his central line again! They think they did not get it all before they placed the second one. ugh! Anyway, here's where we stand... Pros for line removal: * Kyle will be able to go to camp with no line! * When...
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2005 1:33pm
by Katrina & Jerry
9-10-05 KYLE UPDATE
Well, the bacteria is not showing up any more, but Kyle's counts are dropping. Looks like Jerry will be donating some more blood/platelets again in preparation for another possible transfusion for Kyle. Kyle's taking Jerry's blood as fast as he can make it the...
Views: 520   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 9:52am
by Katrina & Jerry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9