Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Randy Crawford, The Very Best Of Randy Crawford Full Album Zip
Randy Crawford, The Very Best Of Randy Crawford Full Album Zip > http://urlin.us/0foaf Randy Crawford, The Very Best Of Randy Crawford Full Album Zip 97ffa81d91 1972-10-14. Most of the following singles char...
Views: 668   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 4:17am
by sapeberh
Thank you and goodbye from Linda Bibbs and "Sasha"
Dear Robin, Nancy, Kathy and Missy Thank you for the lovely goodbye you gave me and for the beautiful engraved star paperweight. It will occupy a special place in my china cabinet. 4 weeks ago on a friday afternoon I received a call from a pharmacy recruiter that...
Views: 94   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 8:39am
by Nancy
flowers delivery in india
Acuminata enano gigante mew-suh ah-kew-min flowers delivery in india - an-the-mum in color. Here are people were floral delivery NEW YORK interfering. Add that you get plants originally hybridized by cancer and deliver flowers TN lingered in fungi kingdom monera, fou...
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 1:05pm
by Alexandra
j
Jontel
fresh flower bouquet
brandon flowers baby boy feel of may insects, Moved flower bouquet no flowers for you object fresh flower bouquet object use axil cutting flowers and gift card flowers wedding flower stands your make wedding flowers moved out our the floristexpress, order personal h...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 16, 2008 11:02pm
by Jontel
Web Site
Hi all, Lady Shadow and I miss all of you a big bunch . Hope all of you are doing well. Sorry I've been slow in getting to web site changes. I think I am caught up. Let me know if I missed something. Giorgio
Views: 237   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 19, 2007 7:51pm
by Nancy
Rancho Penasquitos Library - 1st visit on Monday, 5/21/07
Good morning, everyone!! I have been so bad at looking at our message board--I didn't even see Nancy's and Robin's birthday wishes from early April!! I'm very sorry about that. I know Robin has gotten an e-mail out, but I wanted to also announce our first vi...
Views: 189   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 10:13am
by Nancy
n
Nancy
May 7th visit to Morning Creek Elem.
More dog teams needed for a morning visit to our own LOAL member's classroom at Morning Creek Elementary School in Sabre Springs. Michelle Hobbs is the teacher of a 2nd grade class at that school. 8:45 a.m. ~ Dog meet & greet 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 10:52pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
MAY 2nd = Los Penasquitos Elem.
Our next school visit is an AFTERNOON visit ~ Los Penasquitos Elementary School's BLAST! After-school Program 3:15 p.m. - Dogs meet & greet 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. - Visit and read with students Julie & Keiko and Karen & Roxy have already signed up. Who els...
Views: 181   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 10:42pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Events at Escondido Humane Society
Two events are coming up for the Escondido Humane Society: May 12th - Open House at the shelter. Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes with the adoptable pets? Interested in becoming a vet? This will be your chance to explore their lovely facility and ask...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 10:39pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
April 9th - Adobe Bluffs Elem. School
This week we have a San Diego LOAL visit to one 5th grade class at Adobe Bluffs Elementary School in Rancho Penasquitos. Dorothy & Kishi and Kathy & Moli have volunteered for this visit. If you and your dog would like to join us, please let me know. We...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 9:16am
by Prez
n
Nancy
Happ Birthday, Kathy!
Our wonderful & hard working Treasurer, Kathy, is celebrating her birthday today! Bet Moli looks so cute in a party hat! Happy, happy birthday blessing to you, Kathy!
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 9:15am
by Prez
n
Nancy
Spring greetings
Moorea , Mike, and I would like to send you some Spring greetings. This last day of March, 2007 is a beautiful day! We hope you are able to enjoy this weekend by being with your family including doing something fun with the pet members of yo...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2007 1:50pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Rancho Bernardo High visit
Sue, the teacher of the Critical Skills class at Rancho Bernardo High School, would like some of our dogs to visit her students. She would like us to tell the students about our dogs, discuss safety, and let students read to the dogs. This students have short atten...
Views: 241   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 11:07pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Rolling HIlls Elementary - Open House
We have been asked to have a booth and 2 dog-teams at Rolling Hills Elementary School's Open House and Health Fair on Thursday, April 5th. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m. Rolling Hills Elem. is located in Rancho Penasquitos just west of I-15....
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 6:53am
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Elementary School visits
I got another email from another PUSD school, so here are the elementary schools who want dog-visits so far: Rolling Hills Elementary in Rancho Penasquitos Shoal Creek Elementary School in Sabre Springs Morning Creek Elementary in Sabre Springs (Michelle Hob...
Views: 185   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 1, 2007 10:26am
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Our scarves - update
We are close to having official San Diego LOAL chapter scarves/bandanas for our canine and feline members. Robin, Cody, and I met with our seamstress angel, Roberta , to select fabric. Now Roberta is testing the durability and ease of keeping the fabric clean by w...
Views: 264   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 1, 2007 10:16am
by Nancy
p
Prez
New Facility ~ Gateway in Poway/RB
Gateway contacted me again regarding visits. They are on our waiting list from last spring. I'm bumping them up a bit since they called again... They would like visits in their lobby only. Any day of the week (Monday through Friday). Anytime between 10:30 and noon or...
Views: 177   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 27, 2007 12:42pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Happy NEW YEAR!
Happy Chinese Lunar New Year, everybody! We should get a pet-therapy PIG to join our group in honor of the Year of the Pig!
Views: 213   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 11:48am
by Nancy
p
prez
Brochures
Well, as we discovered from our two recent presentations, we are down to the nitty, gritty when it comes to brochures. Kathy, how many can we afford to make? We will need a lot for the March 25 event as well as any other presentations we may do in the near future. Si...
Views: 184   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 7:37am
by Kathy Lam
n
Nancy
March 25 EHS Dog Walk
Candy, Sweet Pea's Mommy, has given our San Diego LOAL use of a FREE booth at this year's Paws in the Park Dog Walk. The Escondido Humane Society is holding it's 2nd Paws in the Park fundraiser in Kit Carson Park in Escondido. Candy and Sweet Pea are a new therap...
Views: 253   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 2:36pm
by Nancy
p
PREZ
Substitutes needed
Caper the wonder dog and her owners are taking a brief trip Feb. 16 through Feb 23. We need substitutes for them for these dates/locations: Saturday, Feb 17 at Poway library 10:30-11:30 am Wednesday, Feb.21 at RB library 5-6pm If anyone is interested in helpin...
Views: 220   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 6:19am
by Kathy Lam
n
Nancy
Cat Fanciers' Show
Being in the minority & believing in equal right for felines, Moorea wants to inform you of the San Diego Cat Fanciers' Cat Show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds this weekend, January 27th & 28th. There will be 41 different breeds. Also a household pet...
Views: 185   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 7, 2007 7:32pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
School Visits
It is now 2nd semester in the Poway Unified School District schools. I thought it was time we advertise our dog-team visits to the teachers. I will soon be sending out an email and/or flier to all the schools to let them know how a visit from our pets can help thei...
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2007 8:44am
by Prez
n
Nancy
Feb. 3rd Visit Team needed
Due to training for The Elizabeth Hospice, Moorea , Mike, and I need a substitute team to fill in for us at Belmont Village in Sabre Springs on Saturday, Februrary 3rd. We begin visiting in one common room around 2:00 p.m. and move to the lobby area at 2:30...
Views: 155   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 4:48pm
by Nancy
p
Prez
Escondido Josyln Senior Center
I received a request from this facility for visits on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays, anytime between 9 and 11 am. They have no one visiting and they cannot afford to pay. Some groups apparently charge for their visits. If anyone is interested, please co...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 8:34am
by Prez
Web Site
Hi all, I belive all the web site changes you requested have been made. Robin, the top left "Poway" name on the calendar is the name we used to purchase the calendar and cannot be changed...Sorry. I miss all of you and hope you are all doing well. If your are b...
Views: 159   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 6:57pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Jan. 24th at Elizabeth Hospice
Moorea and I are volunteers with The Elizabeth Hospice, which covers our North County area. Sometimes we've been called in to visit someone in a hospital or other facility. But mostly we visit Remington Club and just confidentially stop into the rooms of resident...
Views: 180   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 10:31am
by Prez
n
Nancy
Elizabeth Hospice needs Pet-Therapist
The Elizabeth Hospice is looking for Pet-Assisted Therapists. If you would like to find out more information about volunteering with Elizabeth Hospice, please join us on Thursday, January 18th at 6:00 p.m.
Views: 208   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 10:29am
by Prez
p
Prez
Visiting Help Needed at Palomar Vista Health Center
Hi all, Edith informed me that Daffany is in heat and therefore cannot meet her visit obligations. They are the only ones who visit a facility in Escondido called Palomar Vista Health Center. I mean the ONLY ones. Not just from our chapter, but from any type of or...
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 10:54am
by Nancy
p
Prez
Garden Park Villas
Hi all, We have a request for visits at Garden Park Villas located in Escondido. If anyone is interested in visiting the facility, please contact me and I'll give you the details. Thank you
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 8:34am
by Prez
p
Prez
Newsletter
Sandy starting to think about the next issue of nationals The Leash. She requested to start sending in pictures and ideas, articles about your chapter, questions to ponder, ask for help from other members, what else would you like to see? Topic du Jour - what wa...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 10:12am
by Prez
p
Prez
Safety first during visits
Hi all, As you know, we have been encouraging all of you to carry wet wipes with you during the visits and offering them to the people you visit. We are also encouraging you to use those on your pets feet prior to beginning and when leaving after a visit. This is...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 8:31am
by Prez
p
Prez
Health issues at facilities
Hello all, The flu season is upon us and unfortunately, a few of our senior facilities have recently been hit hard. Two have been closed to visitors this past week. What makes it even more unfortunate is that some of our volunteers are not finding out about...
Views: 189   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 3:40pm
by Prez
p
Prez
A Howling Happy New Year
Thanking each and every one of you for making this past year a spectacular one for our chapter. Each one of you brought countless smiles to many, even if only for a few minutes. Thank you for taking the time to get involved and volunteering your time for such a worth...
Views: 167   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 1, 2007 5:27pm
by Nancy
p
Prez
VACATIONS
Hi all, Are you planning on taking a vacation during the holiday season or any time during the year? If so, please give us advance notice so we can find substitutes to visit your facility/facilities in your absence. We all need down time, but we also need to thin...
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2006 8:32am
by Prez
p
Prez
Happy Howlidays
Wishing each and every one of you a very happy holiday season and a joyous new year
Views: 152   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 10:17pm
by Kathy Lam
Psychotherapists using AAT?
Hello all, My name is Karin Willison and I am a marriage and family therapist intern who recently finished my M.A. in psychology at Antioch University in L.A. I am moving to San Diego in January and am trying to find psychotherapists and/or social workers who use...
Views: 129   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 8:56am
by Prez
n
Nancy
Nov/Dec LOAL newsletter
Did you get your Nov./Dec. issue of "The Leash", our National LOAL newsletter yet? Our copy arrived in the mail today. It is full of lots & lots of stories, 3 of which are from our San Diego chapter! One article is about our black lab, Caper. Another sto...
Views: 213   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 11, 2006 8:36pm
by Nancy
n
Nancy
Three legged cat
Check out this wonderful website about a cat rescued from the Julian fires a couple years ago. The cat, Henry, now lives in La Jolla. I just ordered 2 of the books about Henry. I will add it to the books I have on Maggie, the 3-legged dog. The website is beauti...
Views: 193   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2006 8:05am
by Prez
n
Nancy
Trading Cards
I really like the stickers we can make of our pets ~ and the price is right! Very inexpensive. Mike has found the round stickers and the correct site to use for Mac-users. I encourage our members to check out the sites previously listed on our message board....
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 11:54am
by Nancy
p
Prez
Seminar
Nancy and I (and Cody) attended a seminar yesteday that dealt with information pertaining to the benefits of pet assisted therapy. While a small audience, the lecture was informative and most of the questions were valid and pertinent. We wound up walking out of ther...
Views: 161   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 11:22am
by Nancy
3rd Annual Caroling at the Arbors
Please mark your calendars for Monday, December 4th, from 6:30 to 8 (or until we are asked to leave!) for our 3rd Annual Caroling at the Arbors. This is an event I have planned with my church friends the past few years. Last year, Missy and Caper, and Yvonne, Amy an...
Views: 253   Replies: 21
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 9:39am
by Kathy Lam
n
Nancy
News: RB Foundation
Just read this week's Corridao News (PQ version of Pomerado Publications) and saw a group photo of the grant recipients at the RB Community Foundation. The grants were handed out at the Thanksgiving Luncheon. The photo on page A-14 of our paper shows Robin &...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 7, 2006 8:01am
by Kathy Lam
p
Prez
Poway Library
Hey all you who like to have kids read to you ~ we need your assistance at the Poway Paws to Read program on Saturday mornings, 10:30 -11:30 a.m. You must be able to sit quietly with other dogs and without any toys or treats while the children talk, read and/or p...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2006 4:49pm
by Prez
p
Prez
New Facility Request
Fredrica Manor Care Center in Chula Vista would like some pet assisted therapy visits. They are a 104 bed facility with short and long term patients. They were receiving some by the Humane Society, but then they stopped visiting. Their visit hours are extremely flexi...
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2006 4:24pm
by Prez
p
Prez
National City Libary
Well, Rick dropped me a line to see if we had any folks in our chapter who could do visits at the National City Library. Their library would like to start a program there. I told him that's a bit south, even for us, but I would post about it and ask around. Kathy,...
Views: 351   Replies: 22
Last Post: Dec 4, 2006 4:22pm
by Prez
n
Nancy
Booth with Esc. Humane Society
Today we picked up our copies of the 2007 Escondido Humane Society (EHS) calendar, which features animal photos. I had submitted two photos of Moorea, but she did not make the cut for Calendar Girl for any month. Her 2 photos are in the collage on the last page. R...
Views: 319   Replies: 25
Last Post: Dec 3, 2006 5:04pm
by Nancy
p
Prez
Carmel Mountain Ranch Library
Hi all, We were contacted by this library to start a reading program. It would be good if we can start it with a once a month time frame, similar to what Kathy is doing over in National City. If anyone is interested, please let me know. They would like something a...
Views: 175   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 3, 2006 8:10am
by Prez
r
Robin
Star of the Month
Last month the star team was Caper with Todge and Missy. They do visits at different places almost every day of the week and we do appreciate their dedication! This month, I would like to give the to Yvonne and Amy Shellhammer and their lovely dog, Sally. Our c...
Views: 308   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 28, 2006 11:39am
by Nancy
Free Forum powered by Bravenet