This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
****Mary Kay FundRaiser!!!!
A very nice lady named Lisa McCann is doing a Fundraiser for Kyle's Fund. She is donating half of the profits of her Mary Kay Product orders to Kyle's Fund. She accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover through her website. So those of you who use Mary Kay or wou...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 5:59pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
7-2-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, we are cruising right along! Kyle is showing signs of improvement on the outside and is getting another set of CatScans today or tomorrow to see what is going on, on the inside. It seems he has fungus growing in his lungs. Very dangerous! But he is on a broad...
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 5:05pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
6-27-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, Kyle has been fighting a blood infection and now a lung infection on both sides. He had a lung wash today to help them pinpoint what exactly was going on in there. I haven't heard the results of that yet. He came back coughing his head off and awfully cranky....
Views: 540   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 6:18pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
6-25-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle has been battling fevers to no avail. He is pretty miserable but, he's a fighter! We're not giving up hope! He continues to fight and chemo's visit today brought a smile to his face and even a giggle or two through a fever over 104! Kyle has two types o...
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 11:33am
by Dawn Jardon
6-17-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle just could not be doing any better! We are pumping him full of Glyconutrients and he hasn't even needed a transfusion as the Dr's expected! He did however have less of the product yesterday than usual, so it wouldn't suprise me if he had to have one today. He...
Views: 493   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 12:59pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
6-14-07 KYLE UPDATE
PRAISE THE LORD! Kyle is sailing along beautifully! Ever since our 5:30 prayer focus yesterday, he's been singing, dancing, talking our ears off, and eating like a horse! What a huge success our prayers were so far! How could I ever thank you! So many of you jo...
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 9:51pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
6-11-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, the test results came back over 50% (see last post). They were 70% which is good. His cancer cells however were massive. 95% of the cells in his body are cancerous and anywhere he has blood, he has cancer. He started chemo and is on day 3. He has been ill, spi...
Views: 587   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 5:46pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
6-08-07 KYLE UPDATE
Hello Everyone, Well, it's been a roller coaster since our last post! We spent a week thinking Kyle was sure to die, the next week with 25% hope, then another 24hrs of doom and gloom and now the unknown. *sigh* We are worn to the core, but our faith will not wa...
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 1:31pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
5-28-07 KYLE UPDATE
Hello everyone, I'm so sorry for the lapse in updates. We have been busy moving, garage saling, and getting back to life in general. It's been wonderful being "normal" again! BUT, there is new news in Kyle's health department. Bad news I'm sorry to say. We just...
Views: 1658   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2007 8:26pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
KYLE UPDATE 4-7-07
Things are going so well with Kyle that I'm sometimes scared! Sad, eh? He continues to amaze us and my tests continue to be awesome too. We continue to take our glyconutrients and don't plan to ever stop! We're out fishing today...opening day of salmon season.....
Views: 638   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2007 3:03pm
by Katrina
GLYCONUTRIENTS
What a miracle for Kyle and I! Healing for us both, Glyconutients worked miracles for us! You've all been witness to 2 more miracles! I've had many inquiries into what exactly Glyconutrients are and how they work. Here is a short summary: Basically, our cells...
Views: 988   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 5:18pm
by Katrina & Jerry
3-20-07 KYLE UPDATE........HELP!
Hi All! 3:25 AM...can't sleep... First let me report that all is well on the health front! We did have a scare last week, Kyle's preliminary biopsy came back positive for suspicious cancer cells! BUT, after 24 hrs of pure hel...
Views: 969   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 5:01pm
by Katrina & Jerry
Hi Kyle!
I sure miss you! I am still having fun on my vacation. I am having fun with my feline friends and being spoiled by all the humans. I got fired from work as I didn't do too much anyway but play and chew on everything, but Aunt Eileen comes home every day at lunch to t...
Views: 874   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 3:51pm
by Aunt Eileen
3-7-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, we're home, we're moved in and we're sailing right along! Chemo is home and Jerry is still out fishing. Kyle had a bone marrow biopsy done yesterday and we will get the results tomorrow. I'm sure they are great though! I had labs done yesterday and my can...
Views: 627   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 8:39pm
by Angel
Good Luck
So happy to hear your going home. May God bless all of you. Hope Kyle and Sean got my letter before you left. Love, GG Aunt Mary Jo & Uncle Don
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 10:29am
by GG-Aunt Mary Jo
2-13-07 KYLE UPDATE
Hi everyone! We're going home tomorrow! We are sooo excited! Kyle misses Chemo and I miss Jerry and are all stoked about our new house! We can't wait to see it! At the end of October, Kyle and I passed through Chicago O'Hare Airport with Cancer and little hope....
Views: 638   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 8:25am
by Katrina & Jerry
2-6-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, after looking at Kyle's lab results yesterday, Kyle's Dr finally asked me where he could get Glyconutrients! PTL!!!!! For the first time we heard the word "rare" used in a GOOD context with Kyle!!!!!!! They were amazed by him, yet again! It's here, we've...
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 9:37am
by Katrina & Jerry
2-1-06 KYLE UPDATE
Well, God just keeps right on blessing us! Here is the news for today: 1. My cancer is GONE 2. Kyle's marrow has grown to 70% (10% is the norm for now) AMAZING! 3. Kyle no longer needs IV products at night 4. We are cleared to go home in 2 weeks - Feb 14...
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 5:11pm
by Katrina & Jerry
1-31-07 KYLE UPDATE
*shouting from the rooftops* WE ARE SO BLESSED!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting months to tell you about something exciting!!! Now that I have proof that it works, I can't wait to share it with all of you! Kyle and I have been taking something called Glyconutrients....
Views: 422   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 10:45am
by Katrina & Jerry
1-20-07 KYLE UPDATE
Hi everyone, Sorry for the delay. I've been down a bit. *sigh* Kyle is doing SOOOO well! He has another bone marrow test scheduled for this Weds and we are praying for another 100% donor, 0% cancer result! If we acheive this, we may come home sooner than expect...
Views: 648   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2007 6:44pm
by Angie
Our Dear American Friends
Dearest Friends of ours, Kyle and Katrina and the entire family. We have followed your story. Your faith and courage is such an inspiration to us. My son Tony, Matthews brother too has cancer. Our prayers and love are with you all. Be happy and the biggest hugs...
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 9:34pm
by Colleen and Matt...
APB!!!
I just returned from my trip out to MN to see everyone and be there with my daughter. I see that she has not posted yet, so I felt the need to call everyone to their knees, literally. I am assuming that most of you knew that Katrina was diagnosed with a very rare c...
Views: 431   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 5:35pm
by Kathi (NaNa) (Mo...
12-31-06 KYLE UPDATE - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Well, for the first time in a long, long time, I am speechless! For all good reasons, of course. Kyle continues to breeze through his recovery process and they are even discussing letting us go a bit early if he stays on this path! Sean is great, such a great...
Views: 471   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2006 7:48pm
by Katrina & Jerry ...
12-24-06 KYLE UPDATE - MERRY CHRISTmas!!!
Merry Christmas Everyone! We are just so very blessed this holiday season! I was so worried that the kids were going to have such a small Christmas. With everything going on, finances as they are, and the kids so deserve a big day, but I just didn't see how we co...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2006 7:31pm
by Katrina & Jerry ...
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Katrina,Kyle and the whole family.... I just want to take a minute to wish you a Very Very Merry Christmas. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Kyle I am so excited to hear of the great progress you are making and Katrina you will do just as well as Kyle is doing...
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2006 12:40pm
by Aunt Maureen
I'm glad I found your website
Hi Kyle! I met you on Oct. 16, 2006. You were visiting a relative in Seascape, Aptos, CA. I came to your door with an important message from the Bible. I left you a tract entitled "All Suffering Soon to End". You very sweetly thanked me. I spoke briefely to you...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 7:05pm
by Helen Wieland
AMAZING!!!!!!!
Hello Kyle, Katrina, Jerry, Jake, Luke, & Sean, I am so happy for your family. I know it has been a long journey and finally there is an end to all this madness. I truly can't imagine. Your strength and faith are a true inspiration. You are all of our heroes....
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2006 8:29am
by Dawn Jardon
Kyle you are Amazing!
I'm don't know if you remember me, but I was a neighbor of yours for a short while at the Koret Family House in SF. Maybe this will help you remember me...you showed me an awesome magic trick at the table in the kitche at the house...do you remember? My son was at...
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2006 1:08pm
by Angel Thornton
12-16-06 KYLE UPDATE
And the blessings continue! Kyle's DNA testing came back. His blood is 100% donor and his marrow is 100% donor. He is now all donor (new factory) No more Kyle! This is very good, since Kyle's "factory" used to make cancer cells and his "new factory" the donor cel...
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2006 12:56pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
12-8-06 KYLE UPDATE!
God is so good....God is so good...God is so good, he's so good to me. This song keeps rolling around in my head today. It's so true! Do you know the story of Abraham? He was asked to sacrafice his son and in faith, knowing God would raise him from the dead, he was a...
Views: 420   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 12:02pm
by Grandma Teresa
rooting for you
Hi Kyle, We just have this word for you: "Go B.M. (bone marrow, of course) grow grow grow!!!" Thought you could use a laugh. Hang in there. You're doing great, as usual- due to God's grace. Katrina, You are an inspiration- and a blessing! God...
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2006 9:21am
by Corbin Crutchley...
12-2-06 FAMILY UPDATE
Well, true to family tradition, Luke has landed himself in the hospital with Kyle. One floor up to be exact! Luke had an infected abbsess under his skin that needed to be surgically removed. He had surgery this morning and they said it was larger than a large grap...
Views: 516   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2006 9:13am
by Katrina and Jerr...
*****CALLING ALL AIRLINE MILES*****
For those of you who are interested in donating...Please check with your airline for direction on how to transfer your airline miles. If they require us to have an account for you to transfer them into, we have opened one: We are still in desperate need for fun...
Views: 580   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2006 12:29pm
by okizu counselor
11/29/06 KYLE UPDATE
Hello everyone! Well, our Kyle just continues to be a miracle! He continues to defy the odds and is as healthy as can be! No major infections, one fever, minimal vomiting, and a great attitude! The staff is amazed with his health, but as you know, we are not supri...
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2006 12:21pm
by Kyle\'s Smile S...
miracle flights
i heard about an organization that offers free flights to families with sick children. it is called miracle flights for kids. their website is miracle flights.org it may be worth checking out. your family is in my prayers! god bless
Views: 417   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2006 4:15pm
by okizu counselor
Kyle's Very Own Store!
Kyle's store is now open! Please come shopping and show your support! http://www.cafepress.com/kylessmile All Proceeds go to the "Kyle Fund" Thank you!
Views: 500   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 18, 2006 3:57pm
by Kyle's Smile St...
PAGE KYLE FOR PRAYER
To page, First dial the pager number assigned to Kyle 831.784.9073 You will hear a series of "beeps". Punch in your zip code, so we know where you're from, and then press the # key on the phone. Pressing the # key finishes the page and makes it transmit quic...
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2006 8:47pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
11-17-06 KYLE UPDATE - Day 3
Kyle is faring well, he is begining to head downhill, as expected. He has stopped eating all together and has now been started on intraveinous nutrients (he's being fed through his heart cathater). He has also developed an infection that seems to be resistant to c...
Views: 459   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 17, 2006 8:39pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
11-14-06 KYLE UPDATE - TRANSPLANT!
We'll, Kyle received his bone marrow transplant today. It was umbelical cord blood stem cells from a baby donor in Missouri. Contrary to popular belief, Kyle did not have surgery today. He merely had a blood transfusion containing the cord blood. He was wide awake...
Views: 547   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 15, 2006 6:56pm
by Dani Emley
Hello Kyle
Hi Kyle. My name is Kristen Long. I found your website on a message board that I belong to. (Cricut.com). We really wanted to help you, but my baby girl is 17 months old and was just diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago. I just saw that you are looking for airline...
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2006 6:57pm
by Kristen Long
11-10-06 KYLE UPDATE
Well, so far so good. We're on day -4, so 4 days until transplant!! Kyle is doing well, he was nauseous yesterday and threw up only once, but doing better today. Yesterday we passed the time by playing Pin the tail on the donkey, coloring postcards, playing checkers,...
Views: 447   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2006 1:08pm
by Katrina & Jerry
Kyle - Christopher is on day 110 and counting
Dear Kyle and Family, We were so excited to here about your transfer to Mayo. We have been praying for you as part of the KIPU team - Kyle's Intensive Prayer Unit. After my Christopher's siblings met you at the Family House they immediately started their classes pra...
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2006 10:40am
by The Vogt Family
11-08-06 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is on day 3 of chemo. He is doing great. He will start Full body irradiation on Friday for 4 days 2 x daily. He will receive his transplant on my birthday!!!! the 14th (Tues). It's a huge deal as I'm sure you know. We are working on putting together th...
Views: 481   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 8, 2006 12:44pm
by Katrina
c
Chemo
Hi to Kyle from Chemo
Hey Kyle-- I am having a wonderful time on my vacation in San Diego. I met and played with another chihuaha that is the same size as me. His name is Jasper and I can see him when I go to the office with Aunt Eileen. Aunt Eileen doesn't make me work, because it is my...
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 6, 2006 11:19pm
by Matt Troy
11-2-06 KYLE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God has blessed us with another miracle! Mr. Kyle is in remission!!!!!!! An answer to prayers and a mystery to the Drs! PTL!!! We are just so blessed. God has carried us through yet another battle. So, we will be moving forward with the transplant. He will e...
Views: 478   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2006 12:50pm
by Josephine Ball
11-1-06 KYLE UPDATE
We're still running from appt to appt, but this one has a computer in the waiting room, so I thought I'd hop on and give you our contact info. Kyle Jackson C/O The Ronald McDonald House 818 Fulton Street SE Minneapolis, MN 55414 Fax: 612.331.1255 We're st...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2006 10:16am
by Katrina
10/31/06 KYLE UPDATE - SF Chronicle Update Story
There are also blessings to share with you....no time right now. It's crazy busy here. Running from one appointment to another etc. All is well so far, we are learning a lot. When I can put together a few more moments together, I will give you a more detailed update....
Views: 585   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2006 7:02am
by Katrina and Jerr...
k
Kyle
A Note From Kyle Himself
Thank you everybody for all of the stuff you have been sending me! I've been getting it all. I'm sorry I can't send thank you cards and pictures to everyone. My hand would hurt too much!!! Thank you for praying for me soooo much! I'm feeling ok. I have been stayin...
Views: 627   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2006 1:30am
by Peggy
For the love of a child
Tony wrote a song and put it on a CD for Kyle! It's sweet. What a nice song and a great use of his talent! It is available at Borders Book Store in South Bend, IN. and through his church. The CD is available by donation (I think they're suggesting $5 plus a $1 or $2...
Views: 582   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 23, 2006 12:31pm
by Aunt Eileen
10/19/06 KYLE UPDATE
Well, I'm sure you've heard now, but here's the skinny.... In our final efforts to shrink Kyle's cancer counts, we have failed. His cancer has grown stronger. We had to make a choice to go ahead with the transplant and we have decided to do so. Here is how...
Views: 446   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2006 2:36pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9