This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Personal Prayer Response for Kyle and Katrina
Gracious and most loving Heavenly Father, I ask that you touch your precious child Kyle tonight and clear up the pneumonia in his lungs and cover him with your healing hand for all his other problems in his body. Lord, I pray in agreement with his mother Kat and with...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2007 11:35am
by Virginia
11-10-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle has been switched to "Critical Condition" overnight. We got the call in the middle of the night and raced over to the hospital for them to move him over to another kind of ventilator called an Osillator. The ventilator just wasn't doing enough for him and so the...
Views: 499   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2007 5:09pm
by Jan Skauge
11-8-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle had surgery today. Twice. They cleaned out his bladder and put in something called Allum to coat it. Then they brought him out and said he was done and as we were waiting for him to go into recovery, they came rushing out and needed a consent signed to drain the...
Views: 464   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 8, 2007 10:42pm
by Jan Skauge
11-6-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is not doing too well. He is having trouble breathing and is on oxygen and can't take deep breaths. I requested a CT scan of his chest and the Dr agreed to do one tomorrow. So, we will see what's going on in there. They think that part of it is due to his...
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 7, 2007 7:41am
by Jan Skauge
11-4-07 KYLE UPDATE
Jerry is here!!!! Yippee! I needed him so desperately! I feel so much better now and Kyle lit up! They spent the day building legos together, it's so sweet! Usually Kyle sleeps all day. It's so nice to see him playing again with some light in his eyes! He just needed...
Views: 472   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 4, 2007 5:11pm
by Jan Skauge
11-2-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is still fighting fevers and his heart is still draining. I'm worried about him, he's not making progress fast enough like he used to. He continues to lose strength and can no longer sit up or stand on his own for more than a few seconds. Things are lookin...
Views: 524   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2007 3:41pm
by Jan Skauge
10-28-07 KYLE UPDATE
They drained the fluid off of his heart and it was quite a bit. They also missed and accidently entered his heart with the needle, so he has to stay in ICU for 24hr observation. He will be going back to his room this afternoon if all goes well and it should. His b...
Views: 613   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2007 2:12pm
by Jan Skauge
10-26-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is going in for a procedure tomorrow early AM. They will be draining the fluid off of his heart and leaving the drain in until it stops....probably a couple of days. Everything else we will have to wait on. He continues to be in pain off and on and continues...
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2007 3:17am
by Katrina and Jerr...
10-25-07 KYLE UPDATE - CALLING FOR PRAYER
Kyle is getting worse. Kyle has been spiking fevers so they did a cat scan of his chest and discovered that he is building fluid around his heart and possible fungus in his lungs. They will be doing an ultrasound of his heart tonight to try and learn more, but...
Views: 443   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 12:32pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
10-24-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is ok, he continues to be in a lot of pain and we are both at the end of our ropes. Neither one of us can take much more of this. The clots are so painful that nothing works except getting them out and the process takes time and during that time Kyle wrythes in...
Views: 459   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 1:58pm
by Jan Skauge
Wondering how Kyle is doing....
Hi Katrina and Kyle, Just wondering how it is going back in Minnesota. I check Kyle's website daily for updates. Thanks for your email, Katrina. We are excited about sharing our testimony in church and believe that one day you will be doing the very same th...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 9:20am
by Sherrie Cramer
10-13-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle continues to do well! But we continue to struggle fincancially. I believe God will provide for us, but I can't help but wonder and stress about it. Sean is doing well, but as a teenager he is stressed under these circumstances too. We've all had enough and w...
Views: 631   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2007 2:40pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
10-10-07 KYLE UPDATE
SO, the Dr just came in and after looking at Kyle's cathetar bag said he has now changed his outlook to optimistic!!!!!!!!!! He said he was expecting to see ketchup in the bag and only sees a pink hue! Hooray to our prayer warriors! Keep up the great work! He is...
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 10:12am
by Jan Skauge
10-10-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle just got out of surgery. He had a clot removed from his bladder the size of a man's fist. His bladder continues to bleed with no fix. He will be put on platelets and blood transfusions to try and help this. They placed a flolie Y cathetar which will constantly i...
Views: 454   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2007 3:06pm
by Jan Skauge
10-9-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, Kyle has gotten worse and is being admitted into the hospital. He is passing large clots and lots of blood and his bladder is spasming all causing him loads of pain. Apparently this is a virus brought on by chemo. It will pass on it's own, in its own time. In the...
Views: 433   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2007 5:46pm
by Katrina
10-08-07 KYLE UPDATE
Please pray for Kyle, he has developed some issues. He has contracted a virus that causes his bladder to have painful spasms and creates much blood in his urine. So much so that they had to give him red blood cells and platelets today in clinic. He was so pale and in...
Views: 364   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2007 5:16pm
by Jan Skauge
10-6-07 KYLE UPDATE
WE'RE FREE!!!!!!! Kyle got out as planned and is doing terrific! We had a clinic appt this morning and he didn't need anything at all! No blood products, nothing! He's making it all on his own! We will continue to go to clinic everyday to check and he is still...
Views: 398   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 12:56pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
10-4-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, I've been kidnapping Kyle from the hospital and taking him to the Ronald McDonald House! They said we could go on walks wherever we wanted! I'm sure that's not what they meant, but I don't care, it's giving him incentive to get out! He's playing video games and t...
Views: 473   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2007 5:30pm
by Jan Skauge
9-29-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, there's not much more to report except that Kyle is doing great still! He had surgery and had the dialysis cathetar removed, so he's making progress! They will be switching him over to oral meds to begin the process of discharge! We are excited about that!! Ho...
Views: 538   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 1, 2007 2:58pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
hello
Hey just wanted to say hey and check on you all! We are still praying for you. Hope all is well.
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 9:56pm
by PJ Orlando
9-20-07 KYLE UPDATE
HI! So sorry for the delay. My plans got changed. I had to bring the babies back to Minnesota with me and just got back last night. Kyle is doing great! He is off of oxygen and off of dialysis too! His counts are awesome and amazing to the drs! He is also 100%...
Views: 566   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 20, 2007 4:49pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
9/15/07 KYLE UPDATE
Katrina is home and can't get to a computer, so this is uncle josh giving the update. Kyle was taken off the ventilator this morning, and is doing great!!!!!!!!!!PTL His counts are so great that the doctors are amazed at how well he is doing this early. Katrina will...
Views: 504   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2007 4:05pm
by uncle josh
So Happy Katrina is coming to visit!
The Twins and I will be picking Katrina up at the airport tonight and boy are they going to be excited to see her!! We have loved having them and watching them grow (and Luke walk and Jake sometimes!) But they miss their mommy! So sad to have the family divided up li...
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2007 1:29pm
by Kathi (NaNa) (Mo...
9-10-07 KYLE UPDATE
There's not much to report. Kyle is pretty much the same. Holding his own. He continues to flirt with fevers and continues to drain fluid off of his abdomin which is worriesom. The Drs aren't sure why this is and are worried about it. They have started him on dia...
Views: 581   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 10, 2007 12:52pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
9-8-07 KYLE UPDATE
Praise the Lord! Kyle is doing better! You can't tell by looking at him, he still has tubes coming out of everywhere and is still sedated. He's still on the ventilator breathing for him, but his fevers are breaking and his labs are looking good! The Drs said he...
Views: 613   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 10, 2007 10:08am
by Aunt Eileen
9-7-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle has gotten worse. The fluid he is retaining is creating all sorts of complications. It has taken over his abdomen and is strangling his organs. It has already killed off his gall bladder and is working on his kidneys and liver. He is currently in surgery to h...
Views: 1332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2007 6:49pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
09-05-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle has taken a turn for the worse. He is retaining fluid in large amounts and it is moving into his lungs and making it hard for him to breathe. As he was gasping for breath last night, they put him on oxygen and gave him a breathing treatment. They also i...
Views: 560   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2007 2:30pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-29-07 KYLE UPDATE
It's Sean's Birthday! Happy 16 Sean Boy!!!!!!!!! We love you so much! You are such an important part of all of this and we couldn't manage without you! God has blessed us with such an amazing kid and we love you dearly! Thank you for all you do and for all you put up...
Views: 652   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2007 9:06am
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-23-07 PRAYER REQUEST
Hello All Our Prayer Warriors! My Mom needs prayer, Some of you may remember that a year ago she was hit by a drunk driver and shoved off the side of a cliff. Well, she is still having problems from the effects of that accident. She went in for some treatment a...
Views: 490   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2007 8:24am
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-23-07 KYLE UPDATE
OK, He did just fine. Sorry I didn't post last night, I was beat! They gave him Benadryl before as a pre-med and he fell asleep and ended up sleeping through the whole transfusion! It was sweet. The Chaplain came in and we did the blessing early, Kyle was awak...
Views: 499   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2007 8:14am
by Katrina and Jerr...
Prayer
Father, I lift up this family to you. I thank you for their faithfulness. Lord I pray that You strengthen Kyle and his family spiritually, physically and emotionally. I pray that you annoint the hands of the Doctors, nurses and every one that touches Kyle. Give the...
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2007 9:15pm
by PJ Orlando
8-21-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, tomorrow's the big day! Transplant day! I'm not sure what time, but I'll ask and reply to this post with the time. Kyle had it rough yesterday. It was a roller coaster. He started out fine, but half way through he had a reaction to his meds. His eyes and fac...
Views: 470   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2007 6:48pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
hello
Just wanted to say we will be praying for Kyle and your family!! You all are such an inspiration to me.
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2007 4:29pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-19-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle has taken a turn for the worse. He is very ill. They added a new chemo today, to the others, and it sent him over the edge. Please pray for him, he has 2 full days of this new chemo to endure. He has already expressed his desire to stop everything now. I am lovi...
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2007 2:42pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
Sean's Birthday is Here!!!!
Hello everyone! Just a reminder that Sean's Birthday is coming up on the 29th! He is at the address posted above. It's his sweet 16!!! He has been such a big help with the babies! He is such a special big brother to Kyle and a precious young man! We are so pleased wi...
Views: 347   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 18, 2007 7:37pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-16-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle has been admitted and has started his first rounds of chemotherapy. He is in great spirits and still eating! He has yet to be sick at all!!! All great signs!!! We are so pleased with his progress so far! He had surgerey too and did very well. He had his secon...
Views: 593   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 6:25pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
Mary Kay Update...
Just a reminder, we are into a fundraiser for Kyle's Fund for this transplant. All you need to do is place your next Mary Kay order with Lisa. Below find an update to this fundraiser: Kat, I just wanted to let you know that no one has ordered any Mary Kay fr...
Views: 440   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 6:16pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-11-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, we've made it to MN! There is a waiting list at the Ronald McDonald House and we are #20 on that list!!! WOW are they busy! But, we are staying with a co-worker of my Aunts and they are very sweet Christian people! God has provided us a way here, a car, and...
Views: 502   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 2:17pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
8-4-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, I made it out of the hospital and so did Kyle! We're free! We're off to MN on Monday. We finally got our tickets today! With the help of some miles from my Mom and Grandpa and some funds from a dear friend in TX, we were able to cover enough for the 3 tickets...
Views: 440   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 2:16pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
hEy KyLe!!!!
Hey Kyle, How are you? I am fine. It is me Bailey. I miss you so much. How are you feeling? Are you still in the hopsital? I can't wait to visit you. I am talking to Dad online. Well I love and miss you and hope to talk to you soon. BYE!!...
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 8:49pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
7-29-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, I'm back in the hospital again! It looks like Kyle may get out before me!!! Can you believe that??!! I spent a miserable night of fevers, vomiting, and pain,,,,no sleep either. I'm exauhsted!! I guess the antibiotics they sent me home with weren't the right...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2007 11:16pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
7-28-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle counts are begining to rise!!!!!!!! His ANC (immune function) was at 300 today, which means he could easily go home tomorrow! (Needs only to be at 500) No guarantee, but it's possible! Sometimes it begins to jumb from here, sometimes it crawls, but either way we...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2007 5:28pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
7-27-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing great, his counts are still low, but no more fevers! Sean's ingrown toenail was removed, it was huge! Poor baby! I am in the hospital now! I have an infection in my leg. Just out of no where! Sheesh! It seems that someone always has to be in the h...
Views: 331   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2007 9:32am
by greg dearfield
7-24-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is fighting fevers, but holding his own. He is still in good spirits and enjoying all the cards he has gotten from family and friends! Especially a very special card he received from his step-sister Brooke! He was so excited, he won't even let me hang it on...
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2007 10:35pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
7-19-07 KYLE UPDATE
Sorry for the delay in updates, Kyle has just been doing so well that I haven't had much to update! His counts have now bottomed out and he got plateletts today, but all is as expected. He is doing so great that you can't even tell he is so low otherwise! He wi...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 3:34pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
p
PJ
Greetings
Just want you to know what a blessing your family is to me. To hear your faith during your trails is such and encouragement and I admire you family!! I will continue praying for you and your family!! I know God will continue blessing you as you are such a bless...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 11:44pm
by PJ
7-13-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing great! He is managing well so far this time around. They decided that since he is in remission, they would only do 3 days of chemo this time around instead of 4 or 5. So he just finished up his 3rd day. He has been suffering from leg pain and headaches,...
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 11:03pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
07-11-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is back in the hospital again. He is checked in for more chemo and will be in for about a month depending on what sort of infections he may get this time around. They just come with the territory. We are able to keep them to a dull roar and heal him up very quic...
Views: 451   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 12:31pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
07-09-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is in Lego Land today! It's down south around San Diego!! What fun! My mom wisked him away for the day, he'll be back tonight in time to go into the hospital tomorrow. Tomorrow he has a bone marrow test to see what the cancer is doing. The results will take a fe...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 11:11am
by Katrina and Jerr...
7-3-07 KYLE UPDATE
WE'RE HOME! Kyle was let out early!!!! The first thing he wants to do is go fishing, so we're sleeping on the boat tonight and at first light, we're taking off to go fish for rock cod! Yippee!!! He's home! Just in time for fireworks too! We'll be going to my mom'...
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 10:03pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9