This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
4-4-08 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing fantastic. The only reason he's still in the hospital is because he is vomiting and has diarrea too much. They are going to sedate him in the morning and send down a camera to see what's going on down there to try and get to the bottom of it. I think it...
Views: 658   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2008 5:01pm
by Whitney Rosen
1-29-08 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle is going downhill....just kidding!!! He's doing awesome!!!!!!! Sorry, that was mean! I was just in a joking mood, getting back to my old self again! He is standing up quite a bit these days now! He still needs a little assistance, but he's doing a grea...
Views: 717   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 30, 2008 6:30am
by Amy Chesney
1-24-08 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing great! He is off of oxygen now! He has been sitting in chairs for 2 hours at a time each day and yesterday he stood up (with assistance) 3 times with Physical Therapy! He has to relearn how to sit, stand, and walk again after being in bed for so many...
Views: 709   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 25, 2008 7:17pm
by Kathi (NaNa) (Mo...
1-21-08 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle continues to do well! He's on minimal oxygen in his nose and his stats are staying up there! His other labs on the cancer side remain ok too, he still needs a bone marrow biopsy, he's way past due for one. This has me a little nervous, since we don't know for...
Views: 657   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2008 9:25am
by Jan Skauge
01-17-08 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is off the vent! He's doing great! He's on oxygen and his stats are wonderful! They are also scheduling to have his kidney tubes removed because he has been making a lot of urine on his own!!! All good news! His kidneys are working again and so is his bla...
Views: 682   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2008 6:40pm
by Whitney Rosen
*****8-17-07 UPDATED ADDRESS AND MAIL*******
Here is an updated address for us: Katrina Wetle, Sean Jackson-Wetle, and/or Kyle Jackson-Wetle C/O RMH 621 Oak Street SE Minneapolis, MN 55414 Everybody has been asking! Hope that helps! P.S. Please make sure to wash your hands thouroughly before send...
Views: 906   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2008 10:49am
by Brooke Wetle
01-14-08 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle's lungs seem to be ready, but his abdomin is not, looks like that's what we need to pray for now. It's distended and sore and is putting pressure on his fragile lungs. It's delaying taking him off the vent and may cause him to go back on again if it flairs up...
Views: 744   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2008 6:37pm
by Jan Skauge
01-13-08 KYLE UPDATE
We believe in the power of prayer and in God's healing, so we said no to the tracheotomy!!! We told the Drs we didn't want to do the trach. They aren't happy with us, but that was our decision to make. We want to give Kyle one more chance to breathe on his own and to...
Views: 506   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2008 3:38pm
by Jan Skauge
01-10-08 KYLE UPDATE
Ok, more tough decisions to be made. They want to put a trach into Kyle's neck. They think he needs it due to the fact that his lungs are so fragile and he will need to go off and on the vent many times, they think. The trach will keep him from getting the tube do...
Views: 818   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2008 4:36pm
by Whitney Rosen
01-08-08 KYLE UPDATE
There's good news and bad news. The bad news is, Kyle has an infection in his colon. The good news is they caught it before it ruptured and would have been much, much worse!!! They were going to take Kyle off the vent today, but because he still needs pain meds, h...
Views: 580   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2008 4:18pm
by Jan Skauge
01-07-08 KYLE UPDATE 2 Prayer still needed
Kyle is back in ICU and back on the ventilator. He has some fluid in his lungs, but not enough to need the vent. The Drs are unsure what caused him to need to be back on the vent. He also had a scan done on his tummy. He was very sore this morning and so they did...
Views: 726   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2008 8:50am
by Dan Barber
02-07-08 KYLE UPDATE - PRAYER NEEDED
Kyle is back on the ventilator. He went down for a cat scan and when they layed him flat, his stats went down and they couldn't get them back up again. They had to put him back on the vent. No one knows why. They did a cat scan of his chest AND his tummy to see what...
Views: 538   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2008 1:21pm
by Jan Skauge
01-03-08 KYLE UPDATE
As of today Kyle is officially off of ICU and off of the Critical Care list!!! He is still in kidney failure, so they are limiting his fluid intake, which he doesn't like very much! But, it has to be done for now. Please pray for his kidneys, that they will bounce...
Views: 648   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 3, 2008 12:57pm
by Amy Chesney
01-02-08 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing so well, he didn't need the by-pap machine! He doesn't even need oxygen really! They have an oxygen mask on his chest as a blow by and that's it! It's only turned on at 60% too! He only needs to wear it once in a great while when his stats drop too low...
Views: 493   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 2, 2008 9:29am
by Jan Skauge
01-01-08 KYLE UPDATE - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Well, we're starting the new year off right, they're going to take Kyle off the ventilator today! So pray for this, we still have to remind him to breathe when he's on his pressure support trials (practicing breathing). So we'll see if he's ready, I think it's still...
Views: 661   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2008 12:01pm
by Jan Skauge
12-30-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, thanks to God's love and mercy and your prayers, Kyle is doing much better! He is now fever free and his white cell count is returning to normal!!! This means the myserious infection is leaving or left his body! He continues to be weaned off the vent and...
Views: 579   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 3:19pm
by Jan Skauge
12-28-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing ok, still fighting fevers and that's got us worried. But he's awake and that's nice. We opened up his Christmas gifts for him and he approved them or not. He got some legos that he already had and some other really nice stuff that he liked including...
Views: 909   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 28, 2007 11:59am
by Karen & Kent Ols...
12-25-07 KYLE UPDATE - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! Our Christmas present was that Kyle was switched to the regular ventilator!!! And they've already turned down the settings once! Yippee! Kyle is making progress!! The bad news is his heart continues to be a burden. Last night it sta...
Views: 699   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2007 9:00pm
by Jan Skauge
12-24-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is about the same all around. The good news is they are going to be switching him to the regular vent today if all goes well!! They also pulled out the tube that was draining his left kidney because it wasn't working anymore. It's clotted off and not draining so...
Views: 545   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2007 9:17pm
by Jan Skauge
12-22-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle is taking baby steps backwards, when it comes to the vent. They tried to wean him off and switch him to the regular vent and it didn't work. He ended up needing even more support than before. This poor baby has such a long road ahead of him. His kidneys...
Views: 1203   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 22, 2007 5:00pm
by PJ
12-20-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing better again today! He's even more stable and we are now getting more encouraged! So are the Drs!! He is showing good signs of progress finally and that's great news! The only other thing is that they're going to go in and try and break up the clot a...
Views: 1253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2007 1:34pm
by Dan Barber
12-19-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing a tiny bit better today. He took a step backwards last night, but a baby step forward today. We just keep praying and hoping for complete healing. He was dialysized again today and they took off another 2.5 liters of fluid. Hopefully that will help....
Views: 733   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2007 3:59pm
by Jan Skauge
12-18-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing slightly better again today! Not worse and that's a good thing. He's making baby steps in the right direction. He's still critically ill, but getting more stable everyday. The power of prayer is a huge thing!!! We had a volunteer stop in and pray ove...
Views: 709   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 18, 2007 1:59pm
by Jan Skauge
12-17-07 KYLE UPDATE 2
Well, the drs say Kyle is sicker than he's ever been, even a few weeks ago. They also say they don't know what's wrong with him. First they thought it was pnuemonia, then bleeding lungs, now another infection that they can't find. They said he's slightly better an...
Views: 1108   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 2:09pm
by Jan Skauge
12-17-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle is doing just a bit better today! Not much, but a bit! It's enough to build hope on! I finally got ahold of Jerry too and becuase Kyle is doing a bit better, he is going to stay and work. We just need the money to desperately. It was a tough call to mak...
Views: 567   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 10:53am
by Katrina and Jerr...
12-16-07 KYLE UPDATE II
Well, I didn't think it was possible, but Kyle is getting worse. His oxygen stats are worse and they can't stop the bleeding in his lungs, yet. They told me to call the family again and that they don't think he's going to make it through this time. I haven't been...
Views: 737   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 16, 2007 7:51pm
by Alisha Massengil...
12-16-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is still going downhill. He has graduated to the Ocsillator Vent machine wich is stronger than the conventional ventilator and noisier too! According to the cat scan, Kyle looks like he has sever pnuemonia on both sides of his lungs and is not doing well at this...
Views: 1472   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 16, 2007 12:41pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
12-15-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, Kyle is wearing down. They are going to have to put him back on the ventilator now. He is breathing too hard and is getting too tired. His lungs are full of fluid and have areas that are collapsed and areas that look like they may be infected. SO, we are goi...
Views: 567   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 12:25pm
by Jan Skauge
12-14-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle was doing so well, he didn't even need to go onto the by-pap machine, well today he's doing a little worse and they put him on it. He's breathing really fast and his O2 stats are lower and his lungs sound wet. Please pray that he does not have to go back onto...
Views: 1100   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 8:20pm
by Jan Skauge
12-12-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, more good news! The just took Kyle off the ventilator!!! He's breathing on his own!! There's not much stopping us from getting out of the hospital now! If his fevers stay away, we should be able to go soon! I'm going to ask the drs about it today and see what t...
Views: 617   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2007 2:31pm
by Jan Skauge
12-10-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is doing fantastic! His fevers have been at bay and he's been watching tv!!! He even asked for Legos today! He can't really do them, but he wants to! So, I went to the store and got him some and Sean is helping him put them together. It's so sweet to watch. Kyle...
Views: 688   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 11, 2007 2:45pm
by Mom, Nana
12-3-07 KYLE UPDATE II
Kyle made it through surgery ok. They drained off almost as much fluid as a can of coke of his heart! I'll update you about the dialysis tomorrow. Have a good night. Don't forget to say your prayers before you go to bed!!
Views: 734   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2007 4:05pm
by Bailey & Brooke
12-7-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is still flirting with fevers and this is the exact path that we went down last time that was not to a good place. We are praying we don't end up in the same place this time and that the fevers go away! Everything else looks good, he looks good too. He's awak...
Views: 750   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2007 1:07pm
by Jan Skauge
12-06-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is flirting with fevers again today. He is also going to have another round of dialysis. He did so good the first time I am not so worried this time. His blood pressures have been on the high side and he has had to be medicated for this. We are unsure of the...
Views: 739   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 6, 2007 4:16pm
by Arlene Bettencou...
12-4-07 KYLE UPDATE II
Kyle came through dialysis just fine!!! He had no side effects and was great! Now his blood is clean and he has even better chances at beating what was trying to beat him! They are even talking about graduating towards working him off of the ventilator! WOW! That...
Views: 725   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2007 7:54pm
by Mom, Nana
12-3-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is in surgery right now. He had fluid build up around his heart and they have to tap his heart to drain it off. He will also have to start dialysis tomorrow. It's going to be dangerous, but we have to do it, because one barely working kidney is not enough to cle...
Views: 613   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2007 7:37pm
by Brooke Wetle
12-4-07 KYLE UPDATE - MIRACLE BOY!
Kyle is doing great today! His vent is turned down to 40%, his blood pressures are almost great almost on their own, his heart rate is good, his color is so much better, his oxygen levels are great and his fevers are gone for the day so far! He's a sleeping miracl...
Views: 556   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2007 3:09pm
by Jan Skauge
12-2-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is fighting! He is starting to show very minimal signs of improvement!!! The Drs said today that they are cautiously opptomistic! We'll take it! I knew last night that he was getting better when I was rubbing his head and he told me (mouthed the word) to "STOP"!...
Views: 710   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2007 4:53pm
by Jan Skauge
12-01-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle continues to be critically ill. He's no better, he's no worse, he's the same. I guess that's good. They couldn't start dialysis becuase his blood pressure is too low and he has too much fluid on board so it would be dangerous, but tomorrow we have to make a d...
Views: 843   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2007 6:39pm
by Bailey & Brooke
11-30-07 KYLE UPDATE
Even though Kyle is getting sicker, we are still trying to save him. So, he is having surgery today to place that port for dialysis. He will be starting dialysis today or tomorrow to help clean out his blood stream, since his kidneys aren't doing it for him. Hopefull...
Views: 764   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2007 8:47am
by Jan Skauge
11-29-07 KYLE UPDATE Nearing the end
All my negative energy that I've been trying to get rid of seems to have been for a reason. Call it mother's intuition.... Remember the fevers I keep mentioning? Kyle has an infection that can not be treated. They've tried everything and nothing is working. So, I...
Views: 1085   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2007 7:38pm
by Alisha Massengil...
11-28-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is in emergency surgery. His left kidney has a clot twice it's size. They are putting in a drainage tube to try and drain it off. They don't know if they will be able to save his kidney. He needs prayer about this. I know he has two, but we want them both! Ot...
Views: 589   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2007 6:07pm
by Jan Skauge
11-26-07 KYLE UPDATE
Finally some good news! Kyle's kidneys are begining to function a little bit! So, they are postponing today's surgery for tomorrow when they will reassess them again. If they continue to improve, he will not need the dialysis!!!!! If they do not, then they will mo...
Views: 692   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 26, 2007 1:35pm
by Katrina and Jerr...
11-25-07 KYLE UPDATE
First, let me clarify something. Jerry is leaving for work, not leaving me. Some of you were confused by my last post and thought Jerry and I were splitting up. Not the case, Jerry just has to leave and go back to work in CA and leave me here in MN, alone with all th...
Views: 556   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2007 8:06am
by Jan Skauge
11-24-07 KYLE UPDATE
So, on top of everything in the last post, Kyle's kidneys are only functioning at 1/5 their potential. And the left tube they put in stopped working last night because it clotted off. This means he goes back to the operating room again today to have it replaced. T...
Views: 840   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 25, 2007 10:55am
by Alisha Massengil...
11-23-07 KYLE UPDATE
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. We are grateful for Kyle's life. But saddened we had to spend the meal without him. It was tough and I spent the meal in tears. Kyle is still on life support and having painful bladder spasms and clots. He continues to fight fever...
Views: 422   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2007 2:38pm
by Jan Skauge
11-19-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, they tried to take Kyle off the ventilator and it didn't work. He's just too weak. They took him off and put him on a By-pap machine for about 24hrs and he didn't do well. He is also convulsing involuntarily and we're not sure why. I don't know if he wen't w...
Views: 582   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2007 3:48pm
by Jan Skauge
11-17-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle continues to be on a form of life support and in ICU, but he is more aware of his surroundings now. His blood pressure will not stabilize, and we continue to deal with bladder spazms and clots. It's tiring and getting old. It's so hard to watch him go through...
Views: 420   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 18, 2007 1:57pm
by Jan Skauge
11-15-07 KYLE UPDATE
Well, there hasn't been much change in Kyle until last night! They were able to switch him back to the conventional ventilator! He is no longer listed in Critical Condition! Today, he is responding by shaking his head yes or no to questions!!!!! He has made great...
Views: 518   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2007 6:56pm
by Jan Skauge
11-11-07 KYLE UPDATE
Kyle is still critical, but stable. They turned down the vent a tiny bit and that's a good sign. His tummy continues to drain, I think we're at 3 liters now and still counting! That's a lot of fluid! We are struggling financially and could use your help. It's expe...
Views: 665   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 11, 2007 10:21pm
by Jan Skauge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9